Author Topic: Spambots  (Read 2015 times)

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
Spambots
« on: November 21, 2011, 09:17:37 am »
I mean seriously, half of the new posts are made by spambots, anyone wanting to do something about that?
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Re: Spambots
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2011, 09:54:16 am »
Yea, spambots charge forum last time a lot... Maybe if forum was updated to the last one version, bots would shut up. Here's already RC while there's full 2.0.1 available... :P

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2011, 10:16:48 am »
Yea, spambots charge forum last time a lot... Maybe if forum was updated to the last one version, bots would shut up. Here's already RC while there's full 2.0.1 available... :P

Yes, FLAB and I are currently working to prepare the custom theme necessary to complete the upgrade to the latest SMF version.
There are other worlds than these

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2011, 04:04:48 pm »
I'm not going to rush him because we all know this forum wouldn't exist so well without him. I hope SMF developers have done something with those annoying spambots in the newest version.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2011, 12:31:50 am »
I deleted a couple of them over the last few weeks...
Wouldn't mind if there was some restriction to posting links or signatures with links or other places in the profile like 10 post link limit (you cannot post/add links unless you have 10 posts or more and when you do your post will be reviewed before it will be visible).

Something similar to that would be nice.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2011, 03:55:06 am »
Yea, but there's another better idea. All spambots change title of the reply while everybody use "Re: <topic name here>". If someone reply to some already created topic with new title of answear that means it's a bot! Of course script that would check it should also check its amount of posts...