Author Topic: LandWarrior v1.3 -Final-  (Read 13630 times)

Offline Lt. Frost

• Major(1)
Re: LandWarrior v1.2
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2006, 03:17:37 pm »
I love this, I think the weapon gfx etc fit soldat perfectly.

Im gonna play with this from here on out, thumbs up :)

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
Re: LandWarrior v1.3 -Final-
« Reply #41 on: September 11, 2006, 10:10:54 pm »
Version 1.3 is now out. This is probably the last update.
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline xtishereb

• Flagrunner
  • I swear, my chainsaw killed you on its own.
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2006, 02:13:14 pm »
Maybe this is just me, but I like PapaSurf's Land Warrior Mod better. Probably because it has more detail. Your weapons have shading, but not that much in the way of detail, such as shading which suggests sharper edges or making parts of the gun more clear. Remember, with pixel art you can exagerate and it will still look good.
The best part is the gostek. That just looks so damn cool. I'm totally putting it into my CustMod.
<3*xwd
love conquers all

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2006, 03:37:04 pm »
...hm...spammy...what about a spray of frag grenades?  That's pretty dang spammy.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2006, 05:23:06 pm »
Know of any portable gun other than Metal Storm that sprays 'nades?
And what's wrong with the USAS-12, anyway?

Remember, with pixel art you can exagerate and it will still look good.
I know, but I was trying to make the guns appear as real as possible. If you saw a gun that small/distant, small details would fade (indeed many of my guns have details, just not very bold ones), especially if your eyesight is as bad as mine, but that's another story  ;)

The best part is the gostek. That just looks so damn cool.
Thanks. You ever play the strategy game Dark Reign 2? I was inspired by the Enforcer unit. Below is an old (old, old) pixel art pic I made of them:

Also, in case you didn't know, you have the helmet, which is much like normal Soldat's helmet, but the hat is the visor-ed helmet I used in the screenshots.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 05:32:44 pm by Taehl »
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #45 on: September 13, 2006, 09:01:33 am »
Kewl pic. =D
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #46 on: September 13, 2006, 10:28:41 am »
I really like them. The MP5 (2) seems a bit wierd to me. I think its just me though.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #47 on: September 13, 2006, 04:22:27 pm »
I'd agree with you if it was an MP5, but it's an MP7, which you can take a look at here: http://world.guns.ru/smg/smg49-e.htm

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #48 on: September 16, 2006, 02:27:19 pm »
Yeah. I know its an MP7. I was talking about number 2 though. Which originally was the MP5. So I just said what gun I was talking about.
Even as an MP7 it looks a bit strange to me. Maybe adding the shoulder rest thingy it would look better.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline FurkaN

• Major(1)
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2006, 10:38:43 am »
didn't like interface weps but nice mod

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #50 on: September 17, 2006, 12:59:01 pm »
Umm guys Soldat is NOT-REALISTIC. I mean it's a game where random people from around the world kill each other for fun. Some realisticicty is okay though but you don't have to go over the top.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #51 on: September 17, 2006, 03:01:02 pm »
I understand. I made a mod that I would like, first and foremost. It has real guns with correct ammunition amounts and fire rates, but damage is tweaked to make it balanced and fun. If you want to shoot people with vegetables, don't let me stop you. But I don't.