Author Topic: LandWarrior v1.3 -Final-  (Read 13629 times)

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
LandWarrior v1.3 -Final-
« on: August 19, 2006, 09:17:06 pm »
v1.3 - Finishing touches on sounds and gfx, and slight weapon balancing. Unless interest raises, this'll prolly be the last version.

LandWarrior is a realistic mod. The gameplay is quite a bit different than default Soldat. Well, I believe that you'd all rather see it rather than listen to me talk, so here's a few shots:

Weapons (old v1.2; better knife in v1.3):

Alpha Gostek (Wearing white. Colors work fine.):

HUD (old v1.0; health bar is better in 1.2):

As you can see, I also made an optional HUD (unreg) to go with it. I'd make a better one, but I'm flat broke. :( Anyway, comments would be greatly appreciated. I hope you guys have fun with my mod. What's the Rambo Bow in LandWarrior? I'll let you find out yourself  ;)

LandWarrior v1.3:
http://files.filefront.com/LandWarrior13zip/;5493730;;/fileinfo.html

LandWarrior HUD 1.2:
http://files.filefront.com/LWinterface12zip/;5457667;;/fileinfo.html
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 10:08:55 pm by Taehl »
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
Re: LandWarrior v1
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2006, 09:23:03 pm »
its ok 5/10
Holy Poop!

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2006, 09:33:32 pm »
You've tried my mod within 6 minutes? Assuming you did, could you give me some constructive criticism on why it's only 5/10?
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2006, 09:44:10 pm »
Well, I think the reason is the lack of detail in the weapon interface.  However, it is a good idea that could really shine with a few tweaks.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2006, 01:56:15 am »
I like the gostek and the interface, but the weapons could stand a little improvement.

Maybe I'll try it out tomorrow.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2006, 02:41:09 am »
Great gostek and interface, 3 and 8 are really nice, the other weapons are a bit meh. The weapons are also somewhat boring, add buttons and lines and mare shading.

Off topic:
LeetFidle, that's spam noone likes spam. A rating has no meanig, and doesn't let the modder know how to improve and enhance his modding.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2006, 05:17:41 am »
Gostek and Interface [as few guys said before] is awesome for me.
To guns...they ain't too bad but they could be better. Thats Sako is nice for me.
But they rly need some more shading and it's just me or ur guns are just BLACK&WHITE ?

Offline LeetFidle

• Camper
  • Poop!
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 07:02:53 am »

Off topic:
LeetFidle, that's spam noone likes spam. A rating has no meanig, and doesn't let the modder know how to improve and enhance his modding.

i said that cuz i was ganna get to it later

on topic:
ok i downloaded it and played it and its ok. weapon 3 looks just like camoflage not a gun, 2 looks like,werid along with 4
but i really like 6,8,9,0 they have good detail. the secondarys look very nice to
Holy Poop!

Offline {AFRO}BlackPowerFi

• Major
  • Theres an AFRO under that hat.
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 09:07:11 am »
What a gay mod... :-X

2/0...
A.frican American
F.ighting for
R.acial free
O.nline play

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 09:39:52 am »
Although quite colourless, its an ok mod. Apart from the USPs thers some good detail there.

STFU WhitePowerFi..

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 11:42:24 am »
Your responses are rather surprising, actually. I made the interface and Gostek both in one day, but took five to make the guns. I know that they are rather colorless (not totally B&W, though), but real guns (well, the ones in this mod) don't have much color. Take a look at my source images:

http://world.guns.ru/grenade/gl27-e.htm
http://world.guns.ru/sniper/sn22-e.htm
http://world.guns.ru/assault/as30-e.htm
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/4/4c/XM8_-_Final_Version.JPG/400px-XM8_-_Final_Version.JPG

I'd be happy to change anything you'd like (I'm already attempting to add a bit more shading to the guns, per your suggestions). Could anyone give me an example of a better "weapon interface"?

What about how the weapons play in-game? No comments on that, yet, and I spent a good deal of effort trying to give weapons their realistic stats and still be fun to play with. Don't forget that Rambo Match uses something totally new...

PS) This is my first mod, in case it doesn't show, but I'm willing to work on it as long as there's good suggestions.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 07:54:44 pm by Taehl »

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 12:18:45 am »
Having tried it out, I rather enjoyed it. The well-chosen sound effects really helped it out.

Offline Foley

• Camper
  • Designer/Programmer
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 06:25:22 am »
Title reminds me of the Delta Force Land Warrior, hehe, mod is ok.
Fix and disable this "C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE" It's a harmful trojan.

Offline Dairy

• Veteran
  • (F)ornication (U)nder (C)onsent of the (K)ing
    • http://www.soldatforums.com/index.php?topic=571.0
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 08:13:09 am »
They are rather grey than black&white....I know it's hart to make....but make the grey more....hmmm "fresh" ?

Offline Mr Killer

• Soldier
  • Grape Shop.
    • RFL's mods
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 10:37:16 am »
Hm... For me the DE's are oversized. USAS-12 is a shotgun!!! this is the biggest mistake.. And I don't like the mp7 and HUD.

6+/10

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 03:33:02 pm »
Uhm... My mod doesn't have any Desert Eagles... And the USAS-12 is a shotgun...

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 03:41:59 pm »
Yeah, about that, the added recoil for the minigun doesn't mix too well with shotgun ammo.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 03:52:52 pm »
I know. But the USAS-12 was the best real gun I could think of to fufill the 'uber-spammage' role. If anyone can point me towards something better, I'd be happy to change it.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 03:56:29 pm »
What about a stripped M2 stat gun?  You could have it operate the exact same way as the stationary version.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 04:03:17 pm »
I couldn't have it heat up, though. Plus, isn't a gun mounted when it's too heavy or big to wield otherwise (mounting on a jeep or something doesn't count)? Lastly, the way the stat gun in normal Soldat works isn't very 'spammy' at all, which is the role we're dealing with.