Author Topic: LandWarrior v1.3 -Final-  (Read 13627 times)

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: LandWarrior v1
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 04:28:37 pm »
Hm...you want spammy?  Try making a weapon with bullet style "10"
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)
And we still don't know if dead guys can keep a stiffy.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
  • When a fool hears about Tao, he just laughs.
    • Pixel Perfect
Re: LandWarrior v1
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 04:38:04 pm »
Bullet 10 seems to just fire normal 'nades... And I think the GM-94 is a fine 'nade launcher. Perhaps you meant bullet 9, which is cluster 'nades, but what real gun fires that sort of ordinance?

Also, v1.1 is done now. See the front page to get it.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 06:04:12 pm by Taehl »
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist
New and improved: LandWarrior 3.0

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
Re: LandWarrior v1.1
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 07:09:23 pm »
10 makes you fire nade clusters, not cluster nades or normal nades.  Also, Metal Storm would fire that kind of ordinance.
To sum up my point: We had a multipage debate about toilet padding. (Putting TP in the water so you don't get splashed.)

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 07:39:51 pm »
The problem with using a Metal Storm (even if it did fire ordinance like that, which I've never heard of, but I never claim to know everything), I wouldn't be happy with it unless it fired bullets out of the attached rifle. Or have they seperated it from the rifle like the american OICW -> XM25?

But then again, do you think a Metal Storm would produce Soldat Minigun-like recoil? So its kind of a dead end anyway. But it's definitely not a bad thing to think up new ideas.
"The balance is perfect. The flow is perfect. The speed is perfect. This... Is the absolute best mod on the site."  - mxyzptlk
"THIS IS PROBABLY... scratch that ...this IS the best mod I have seen before. Dang man, nice job!"  - Dorkey Dear
"Whoa! This is the best mod ever!!!"  - imacheater2k7      "Looks like a beaut. On a rating, 6/5"  - Radical Terrorist

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2006, 11:08:34 am »
The Metal Storm project is kinda ambiguous.  It can fire any kind of ordinance at reasonable or rediculous rates.  It fires stacked projectiles electronically for fire rates of up to 1000000 rpm.  It can be used as a handgun with a semiautomatic fire rate and 2 calibers, or as an array bombardment weapon loaded with slugs or grenades.

So yes, it could fire ordinance like that, and yes, it would produce a freaking lot of recoil.

Oh, and also, the Metal Storm is currently only a stand-alone weapon.  It hasn't been integrated with other weapons like the XM-29 has.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2006, 05:34:04 pm »
Actually, the Metal Storm is being planned as part of the Australian AICW (to be attached to the F88 (a Steyr AUG)). But aright, as a stand-alone weapon then.

IF we assume that it'll work as well as they say it will, think: How many projectiles can you fit into a barrel of a weapon? Not nearly enough, I'm afraid. A 'spam'-roled weapon would need more than 5 projectiles per reload.

And I'm not debating that Metal Storm or any other weapon couldn't fire a round that acted like a grenade shot-shell, I'm saying that I don't know of any existing or planned munition with those characteristics. Or did you mean to fire all 5 normal grenades at MS's vaunted 1 million rpm? Still not fufilling the role it would need to.

Lastly, the Metal Storm project just sounds too good to be true, to me, even with its extremely limited ammo capacity.

Offline ambershee

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 05:40:17 pm »
Orion, I don't know where you're getting that from.

The Metal Storm is part of the AICW program, and is simply a 40mm compound grenade launcher module that is attached the the F88. It carries three shots, and cannot be reloaded during combat.

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #27 on: August 23, 2006, 01:18:41 pm »
Fuck, people, that's recent news.  I already know about the freaking AICW program; I was talking about it's origional intended useage.  I've seen experimental weapons that look like a giant organ.  That's what I'm talking about, an ARRAY weapon.  Turn the minigun into a Metal Storm ARRAY weapon.  Sheesh.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2006, 04:27:21 pm »
... Can a single soldier possibly carry it? If so, link me a picture, and I'll tell you if I'll use it.

Offline ambershee

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2006, 07:37:56 am »
Theoretically, considering the Metal Storm designs are scalable and can incorporate many different types of projectile, then you could have a man portable rifle using stacked projectiles in an array of barrels. Trick is, they still can't be reloaded, and you wouldn't really be able to carry a particularily significant quantity of ammunition - but then this is a mod afterall, so if you're not going for the realistic approach, then spam the enemy away ;)

Edit:

This might be interesting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzIHqBilVqM
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 07:42:25 am by ambershee »

Offline O.R.I.O.N.

• Veteran
  • Thunk-a-dunk.
    • Diseased Productions
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2006, 11:16:33 am »
Essentially, 20-40 explosive rounds, the thing would look similar to the multi-barrel design of a minigun, but it would fire them off at a fire rate of 1.  Just make the reload REALLY slow.

Note:  In reality, the LAW is a one-use weapon; soldiers would just carry around a few of them.  So, making one into a LAW could be an option.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2006, 03:49:23 pm »
Hum. That movie did too much bragging, not enough demonstrating. One four-second-long clip of a gun firing isn't enough to impress me as much as the narrator says it should, even if they show it to me ten times.

And I think an USAS-12 is more realistic than a 10-barrel Metal Storm (and that'd be only 50 projectiles).

Also, remember LW doesn't have a LAW, but a SMAW, which actually does reload.

On other fronts, has anyone else played LW enough to point out any imbalances? How's the new shading I put on the guns? Is the XM25 fun?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2006, 03:51:47 pm by Taehl »

Offline Death MachineX350

• Camper
« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2006, 04:16:09 pm »
Try using more colors besides silver.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
Re: LandWarrior v1.2
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2006, 10:31:38 pm »
The mod is now v1.2, and the HUD has been upgraded, too. See the first post for changes and DL link.

Nobody's saying much... Does that means it's as good as it can possibly be?

Offline Valorman

• Flagrunner
« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2006, 02:49:15 pm »
What a gay mod... :-X

2/0...
I bet you couldnt make anything better mister AFRO. no one cares if theres an afro under your hat. Ontopic: nice mod the shading is pretty well done.

Thrax

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2006, 07:49:31 pm »
Its a great mod (you make the mods really fast) you should make a weapons config for this mod.

Offline Taehl

• Camper
    • Pixel Perfect
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2006, 12:57:42 am »
Thanks for you positive comments. Forgive me for being a noob to Soldat modding, but LW already has a (fairly heavily) modified weapons.ini, so what is a 'weapons config'?

Offline Zero72

• Flagrunner
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2006, 04:27:43 am »
If I had to guess, he's probably talking about a configuror program for the mod, a la Mecha Soldat, which just allows you to easily interchange the actual weapons used in the mod before playing.

This would be utterly unecessary for your mod, and I have no idea why someone would suggest it.

Offline -viper-storm-

• Major
  • Stephen here.
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2006, 05:39:22 am »
This is pretty cool, some of the guns look a bit bland and what not, but No.8 looks excellent. Keep at it.

-Viper

Thanks to Serial K!ller.

Offline Mr Killer

• Soldier
  • Grape Shop.
    • RFL's mods
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2006, 07:02:00 am »
Hmm.. DE's still oversized. O0ps sry HK USP x2! They dont look like real USP's... Minigun should stay as minigun not f**in shotgun -.-
« Last Edit: August 28, 2006, 07:05:45 am by Mr Killer »