Author Topic: Weird soldat+soldatserver bug  (Read 998 times)

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
Weird soldat+soldatserver bug
« on: December 03, 2011, 06:49:19 am »
I was playing in another server while I had my own server on and I went away for a bit and when I came back I seemed to be in some sort of mix between the two, it had the players from my server and the server I was playing in all standing in one place and was in the map my server was at. I couldn't do anything except leave the game. Also, there was nothing out of place in the server logs.

This was so weird and I have no idea how it could possibly happen. Sadly I hadn't the presence of mind to get a screen shot, I was excited about playing on an INF server that actually had players.

What I want to know is if this ever happened to anyone else, and if there is any way to explain this weird bug. It's not really something that has to be fixed unless you want total perfection(and the day they take out blood saw is the day I quit).

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Re: Weird soldat+soldatserver bug
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2011, 09:26:13 am »
The people standing on one place normally only happens on join before you choose a team.
Maybe there was a map change and you automatically downloaded the map and rejoined but somehow joined your hosted server.

A Weird and not easy to fix bug.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
Re: Weird soldat+soldatserver bug
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 03:57:20 pm »
The people standing on one place normally only happens on join before you choose a team.
Maybe there was a map change and you automatically downloaded the map and rejoined but somehow joined your hosted server.

A Weird and not easy to fix bug.
I don't think that was the problem, it was still the same map when I got back and the server only had default maps and, again, my server logs don't report me joining. But while you're on the subject perhaps it could have to do with a map change on my server? Map changes often are where things seem to go wrong.

I really didn't know the server and Soldat could interact in this way.