Author Topic: Opinions on M79?  (Read 1922 times)

Offline some idiot with a gun

• Major(1)
Opinions on M79?
« on: December 09, 2011, 04:55:12 pm »
I know there are a load of people out there who hate M79 and I know people view them as a noob gun as you just press and fire. It's not always like that.

I use it on majority on my maps (sometimes use the barrett) I'm more used to running and doing quick kills - using the M79 to get shots that other guns wouldn't but to achieve said shots you gutta understand the basics of Physics (to shoot over a cliff on a sniper position or tricky shots that wouldn't be possible otherwise)

So yeah I just wanna know what's made everyone hate the damn thing
You see that idiot running around with a M79? Yeah thats probably me..

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Re: Opinions on M79?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2011, 10:56:03 pm »
People tend to hate weapons that have 1-hit kill properties, which usually include snipers and explosive weapons in some games (which if the damage is not hated, its the AOE and explosive push that people may hate).

And that's all I'll say on the matter.

13th_account

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2011, 01:48:14 am »
I think it's garbage. The guy who balanced the weapons is a real dipshit.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2011, 08:07:43 am »
People tend to hate weapons that have 1-hit kill properties
Yea, you spray some motherfucker to 1% of health and then he kills you by one shot... It sucks... Exactly, nades can be so annoying, too.

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2011, 09:46:58 am »
It reloads too fast and is way too easy to hit with.

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2011, 01:18:14 pm »
because a direct hit with a 40mm grenade should just scratch you instead of shattering you into unrecognizable pieces of flesh? that's what you're trying to say?

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2011, 09:56:05 pm »
One-shot weapons have threngths and weaknesses. Learn how to use them to your advantage properly and you'll be fine. Most people complain because they don't know how to properly fight a sniper/m79r, die a stupid death but refuse to accept defeat.

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 06:47:37 am »
Yea, you spray some motherfucker to 1% of health and then he kills you by one shot... It sucks... Exactly, nades can be so annoying, too.

then the guy is pro and your spray sucked.

GG
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 08:05:32 am »
It happens to me occasionally...

Offline Madow

• Major
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 10:03:26 am »
I use to hate the M79 with a passion back when I use to play Inf pubs a lot.

Although I don't hate it now, it can be easy to get owned by it in narrow choke maps like Ash, Nuubia and Cobra and hence why I can see a lot of people hating it. How I deal with M79ers is by doing a lot of things: keeping distance, spray where necassary, using weapons like ruger/barret or hitting back by using the same weapon. Or if I wanted to rush, I'd try to keep good movement while maintaining a good pace so I don't just run into a shot.
[20:33:20] <DMC__> hes basiclly saying
[20:33:56] <DMC__> "hi there, this game has no garenteee that there is people to play with, nor is it well known, but please give me 15 bucks, you fool"

Offline thegrandmaster

• Flagrunner
    • Grandy on Steam
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 01:46:53 pm »
Personally the weapons are pretty balanced. I use M79 every now and again, then again - I use all weapons every now and again for their strengths and weaknesses.
M79 can be beaten at range and is half dodgeable..
The only weapon I think is oddly balanced would be the minigun since it's extremely hard to hit them due to bink.
ohgodwhydidInamemyselfthis. Just call me Grandy.

Offline Overkill

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2011, 05:34:55 am »

GG

Unless they worm great you shouldnt die to a m79 unless they super close ex(Ash Nuubia) where its hard, but if you spray them they will usually go alt route to close the distance cause m79's one shot and you done unless they change the shot rotation with nade spam etc more factors into when you face better people :o

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2011, 09:11:16 am »
One-shot weapons have threngths and weaknesses. Learn how to use them to your advantage properly and you'll be fine. Most people complain because they don't know how to properly fight a sniper/m79r, die a stupid death but refuse to accept defeat.

Yeah show thet deepshit assholes who hate the m79 and m82 !!!

Barrett-
If i play against a good player with barrett he will spray trow nades over obstacles and use hes brain and in 80% if a good player knew where a sniper is he will win cause the game is made to kill easily snipers witough cover or cammo.

m79- Its good to have it cause i use it in most times like a "mortar" simply shoot over some hills trough openings and etc.
And if i see a m79 all you have to do is to stay at ground and shoot him when he fires(the m79) you make a backflip thats all
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Vessus

• Major(1)
    • Summoned Soldiers
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2011, 01:09:55 pm »
Well, i hate M79, but many people use it. This gun make me angry but i must lern how to play versus M79.
1shot 2kills no hax just skills

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2011, 02:34:00 pm »
a few tips for winning against an M79r:
1. Keep your distance. M79 has short range and rather slow projectile speed, so the further you are away from M79r - the easier it is to dodge his shots. It's even easier if you're above the enemy (but that's a general advice that applies to all weapons).
2. M79rs rely heavily on their ability to predict enemy movements so being less predictable is the key to victory. Change directions every second or two, learn some advanced moves (such as late backflips, grenade jumps), memorise the reload time for M79 and you'll be able to trick the enemy and make him miss.
3. If possible - be careful of most commonly-used camp spots like pillars, bushes, etc. Fire a few shots to make sure no M79rs are camping there.

Offline some idiot with a gun

• Major(1)
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2011, 04:06:44 pm »
M79s don't always have a short range because if the player knows how to use the gun properly and knows the angle at which to fire it at it can travel verryyy farrr (okay not THAT far but far enough) Also, watch out for the M79ers who also have a LAW attached to them (like me) because if one weapons out, the LAW is a trusty back up, just once they are both spent, you're basically dead (unless you have nades, but you're just gunna die anyway)
You see that idiot running around with a M79? Yeah thats probably me..

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2011, 12:17:19 am »
Well, by "range" I meant not just how FAR the shot travels - I was also referring to the bullet arc and speed. In Soldat many things happen in split seconds, and because of slower projectile speed and curvier arc M79 becomes much easier to dodge at longer distances than, for example, Deagles.

You're somewhat right though - a skilled M79r can be one heck of a killing machine, so I wouldn't be surprised if one could piss off the entire enemy team.

Offline NamelessWolf

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2011, 03:05:03 am »
Hm. I remember that M79 used to be really good and useful back when I wasn't playing on realistic servers. I think the problem isn't really that M79 kills fast, but rather that the other guns (except for Barret) take so many bullets to kill.
On the other hand there must be some reason why some people still choose to play "normal" mode so maybe you shouldn't change too much of their game experience. Actually M79 would probably be the bright side if I was to try some un-realistic Soldat.