Author Topic: Socom (Normal)  (Read 2211 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Socom (Normal)
« on: December 21, 2011, 10:24:07 am »
So there was a pretty big change in the way the Normal Socom is. It used to hit harder but shoot a bit slower, now it does less damage but shoots faster(also reloads faster, but I'm more concerned about the damage), and I find myself needing 1 extra bullet to finish off a wounded enemy.

[Old Socom]
Damage=180 (around there)
FireInterval=12

[New Socom]
Damage=148
FireInterval=10

Just curious to know what people think about it now, if anyone even uses a Socom.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2011, 10:31:07 am by STM1993 »

Offline Rotem

• Major
Re: Socom (Normal)
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2011, 07:50:22 am »
i use the knife as it is more effective to play with in order to kill even a full health player in narrow places where u cant run away... play alot knife only server to train urself. worths it

13th_account

« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2011, 05:52:43 pm »
The Socom was changed as several people thought it did too much damage for too long, making it strong enough to rival the primary weapons which isn't really what it's supposed to do. It's meant to be a convenient chipper and reliable backup. It was modeled after the Falcon 2 from Perfect Dark which is a very satisfying pistol to use because it can be fired as fast as you can pull the trigger and reloaded in an instant.

i use the knife as it is more effective to play with in order to kill even a full health player in narrow places where u cant run away... play alot knife only server to train urself. worths it

That's nice for you.

Offline Tekidek

• Major
  • Touché!
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2011, 08:11:08 pm »
The Socom was changed as several people thought it did too much damage for too long, making it strong enough to rival the primary weapons which isn't really what it's supposed to do. It's meant to be a convenient chipper and reliable backup. It was modeled after the Falcon 2 from Perfect Dark which is a very satisfying pistol to use because it can be fired as fast as you can pull the trigger and reloaded in an instant.

Yeah, it's fast, reloads too fast and has good range, makes an awesome combo with Barrett or M79. If you're low-life, you can:
A) Run B) Run C) Run!
I'd make it a bit weaker, and slower to reload. Just a bit.
(•_•)
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)