Author Topic: Craving Flesh?  (Read 3542 times)

Offline The Wraith

• Major(1)
Craving Flesh?
« on: January 04, 2012, 10:44:20 pm »
...or just looking for something to "Flesh" out your Zombie-killing experience? Also, Zombies using chainsaws? Pfft.
HAVE NO FEAR, A FIX IS HERE! (possibly wanted by Tehbugerz0r of the Advanced Zombie mod/server)

This mod modifies the Chainsaw's weapon-gfx, interface-gfx and sfx.

Sure, the GFX isn't impressive, but that's not the best part. IT COMES WITH ZOMBIE SFXs!
PLAY THAT ZOMBIE MOD WITH ACTUAL ZOMBIE SOUNDS! Made with, yours truly's, voice.
(You have no idea how hard it is to make your own zombie sounds unless you tried, trust me. I DID.)
Warning: This mod is NOT satisfaction guranteed. You can choose to dislike or like said mod. But it'd be better if you did, right?

Download is attached to the post! If you have no idea how to install, READ THE DAMN README.

CREDITS
M.M. for Soldat!
Advanced Zombie mod/server by tehbugerz0r
Me, because I deserve some.

To Use/Modify, please ask permission, blah, blah, blah. Modding community rules/stuff/'tings.
Requests also taken.

Have at you! Go have a I-BET-I-CAN-KILL-MORE-ZOMBIES-THAN-YOU competition with a friend! Or answer the cannabalistic call within you...

RIP AND TEAR! BRAAAAAAAAAAAIIINS
« Last Edit: January 06, 2012, 07:18:59 pm by The Wraith »
I'm Mini G Master, but I lost my account, so I made The Wraith.

AND NOW MY NAME IS Sgt-At-Arms Kjal, ISN'T IT A COOL THING?

Offline Terran

• Major
  • You want a piece of me boy?!
Re: Craving Flesh?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 02:06:00 am »
wait wait wait,i can't understand
u've created new "gostek" of zombie and sounds for it or..?
in the picture i see...stupid bot and an oddly-looking...corpse?what does it do there?Explain please.
In the army since 27th June.
Mapper.
SRL player.

Offline The Wraith

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2012, 04:32:34 am »
No, not gostek replacement. The small green thing you see on the blue soldat's hand? That's the chainsaw replacement.

This mod replaces the weapon graphics and the sounds of the chainsaw, to make anyone using the chainsaw SOUND like a zombie. Maybe I should've listed what it replaces, I'ma go do that now.

I'm sorry for not clarifying, I must've been half-awake when I typed out the stupid descriptions. It's a bloody stupid habit that's pretty hard to kick

There's already zombie gostek replacements out there, but I might make my own, just for practise and laughs.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2012, 04:43:14 am by The Wraith »

Offline Terran

• Major
  • You want a piece of me boy?!
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2012, 05:37:31 am »
Oh yea,now i got it.
Is it successfull?Cuz when i tried to do like that all i've got was shit...

I still remember time when i had great fun from killing zombies...And Last Stand still one of my favourite servers)

Good luck with ur mod)
In the army since 27th June.
Mapper.
SRL player.

Offline The Wraith

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2012, 06:04:31 am »
It is a semi-success, the sound when the chainsaw fires is rather good (just my opinion), but the sound when the chainsaw is NOT firing is ratherVERY bad. The system which plays the sound makes it very hard to make it sound even SLIGHTLY good, because it can only play very SHORT sounds very fast (every 0.32 seconds!), otherwise it ruins ALL sounds when playing with the chainsaw. If it's too short, it still sounds stupid.

[retard]

Well, just more experience for this simple audio-graphics modder.

And thanks for the comment! I think a "Last Stand" kind of server is still running on the Soldat list, just can't remember which. Keep enjoying whatever you play, though!

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2012, 11:12:18 am »
Ahahaha! I just downloaded it to hear those zombie's sounds! xD Nice home-made :P

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 04:21:11 am »
This.

Is very good.
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 03:06:09 pm »
Okay I finally decided to have a look at it because I said I would when we were in game.

You certainly were successful in making it sound creepy, and it would be great in a server that has saws disabled to players, however it's unfortunate it's currently/always will be impossible to have seperate weapon SFX/GFX for different teams.

Considering players are allowed to use saws in the Advanced Zombie server I don't think this will fit that server.

Do I also detect some mic noises in there when you use WMP?

requested/wanted by Tehbugerz0r of the Advanced Zombie mod/server)

I don't recall asking for a saw mod... What I needed was a Steyr(STM1993 and I worked together to make that already) and M79 mod. Although all the weapons could use SFX editing STM is already working on that.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2012, 04:54:25 pm »
^ Actually I'm not working on any SFX, what I sent to you guys is pretty much everything I did although I just made a couple of updates.

Offline The Wraith

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2012, 07:03:01 pm »
Considering players are allowed to use saws in the Advanced Zombie server I don't think this will fit that server.

Do I also detect some mic noises in there when you use WMP?

requested/wanted by Tehbugerz0r of the Advanced Zombie mod/server)

I don't recall asking for a saw mod... What I needed was a Steyr(STM1993 and I worked together to make that already) and M79 mod. Although all the weapons could use SFX editing STM is already working on that.

Yeah, yeah. Can't say that you DIDN'T want to see it, though, can ya? I'll change that anyways.

I don't...think this was MEANT to be part of your mod. What I said was I wanted to make the chainsaw make zombie noises, aaaand that's about it.

Also, I didn't know I was collaborating with you guys, I thought I was on my own!

Aaaand yes, it's mic background noises. Probably the LOUD CEILING FAN I have hanging above me, maybe even coupled with the sound of my running comp. It's kinda negligible in-game, as far as I can tell. Can't have a clean recording if all you're using is a headset mic and in a wide open room, right?

And pfft, I'm working on the guns. I finished the steyr, though the interface-gfx needs working. I'll start on the M79 soon. I'll post THAT in a different thread.