Author Topic: The Graveyard {INF}  (Read 6199 times)

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
The Graveyard {INF}
« on: January 09, 2012, 12:26:00 pm »
Server Name: The Graveyard {INF}
Server IP: 72.233.90.58 (server1.enesce.com)
Server Port: 23079
Server Location: USA
Game Type: Infiltration
Player Limit: 10
Time Limit: 20:00
Disabled Weapons: Stationary Guns & Minigun
Scripts: !nextmap, !balance, !medic, & /mine (20 kills)

Map Rotation
  • inf_Motheaten
  • inf_Outpost
  • inf_Messner
  • inf_Belltower
  • inf_Argy
  • inf_Fortress
  • inf_Industrial
  • inf_Rescue
  • inf_Rise
  • nf_Moonshine
  • inf_Warlock
  • inf_Warehouse
  • inf_Abel
  • inf_Zappalin
  • nf_Highlands3
  • inf_Ponutehdas2
  • inf_POW Camp1.1
  • inf_Langsam
  • inf_Fortress
  • inf_ms_Barren
  • inf_ms_Midba

Live Status: http://server1.enesce.com/gamestatus.php?id=23079&u=288

Hope to see you there. [Bravoguy]
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:10:53 pm by Crimson Goth »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: The Graveyard {INF}
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2012, 01:13:43 pm »
Happy to see it still exists and with all the nice old maps, like POW camp, Rise, Warehouse, as well as nicer newer ones as well.

I hope it doesn't die with inactivity though.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Amida

• Major
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2012, 02:11:53 pm »
nice

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2012, 05:41:16 pm »
Hmm, I might actually hop on Soldat for the first time in.. how long has it been, over a year maybe? Hopefully someone's still playing.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2012, 06:59:31 pm »
hey i can join you guys, i'm still around~!
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline RafiPZ

• Soldier
  • You can't spell awesome without ME!
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2012, 07:44:26 pm »
 :o
Ok guys I'm planning on playing this weekend for the first time in a while. Let's do this >:( ;D

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2012, 05:27:04 pm »
Graveyard has been getting some activity lately. Needs a bit of a boost at first, but the other day we managed to fill it up! Nice to see infiltration isn't dead.

Anyway, if you've been itching for a little something different than the usual ctf, come check us out!
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2012, 05:33:57 pm »
If you will provide some neat advert script I can advert your server on my servers

Im chill like that

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2012, 07:27:48 pm »
Played a bit of it yesterday, but got bored of the same old maps after just a few rounds. :(

Offline RafiPZ

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2012, 07:56:38 pm »
Played a bit on Saturday and saw A tree and a few majors.

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2012, 09:16:23 pm »
Im a great inf fan (even more than ctf  Casue ctf is just killing and etc inf is attacking and defending) and to help inf i will add it to fav :)
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2012, 02:32:52 pm »
Played a bit of it yesterday, but got bored of the same old maps after just a few rounds. :(

Whats wrong with the classic maps? I personally find them nostalgic.....
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2012, 05:46:05 pm »

Whats wrong with the classic maps? I personally find them nostalgic.....
Well for one - they're ugly. I just can't look at them anymore - almost complete lack of proper shading and color use makes my "artist sense" spaz out and my eyes bleed rivers. Secondly - I'm simply tired of them. I've played on those maps way too many times for nostalgia to make any difference. inf_Warlock was kind of enjoyable though..
Aside from maps I'm also tired of people I play with. Nothing personal, I just miss the times when you never knew who'd be playing on the server - each day there were different players with different play styles and skill levels. Now it's the same old gang on the same old server. I want change. :/

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2012, 04:07:47 pm »
Do you have any better maps that I can add to the server? I'd gladly add them if everyone likes them. I agree that inf does need new maps, but no one wants to make maps for a dead gamemode. Inf was pretty much dead until I brought the server back. The server gets full pretty quick too, so that gives me hope that inf isn't truly dead. Instead of going emo about the situation, just step up and do something about it.

On topic: *updated the maplist*

Offline Amida

• Major
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2012, 04:09:47 pm »
Indeed, new maps would be nice!

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2012, 05:23:57 pm »
Instead of going emo about the situation, just step up and do something about it.
I've repeatedly tried "doing something about it". I kept digging through forums for good maps, sent out map suggestions to Amida, RafiPZ and, I believe, you too when you were hosting your servers in an attempt to revive INF. not to mention fixing and tweaking some of the default maps. Amida's and Rafi's servers didn't live long for whatever reason, my attempt to host a server has failed too due to a crappy router, and from what I remember you weren't doing a whole lot yourself.
I can't "do something about it" on my own, it has to be a team effort. And I believe I've done my part for now, so now it's time for someone else to step in and carry the torch.

I'll repost some of the map suggestions I've sent before:

inf_Magnetic <-- good and fairly popular map, I'm sure you'll recognize it.
inf_Storage <-- a warehouse remake most of you remember.

More maps that look interesting and worth trying out.
inf_Reach
inf_Flute
inf_Changeling
inf_Ponuland and a few other predmod maps. <-- except inf_Chase (see below)
A modified version of inf_Chase <-- Originally from predmod pack, but I modified it to make it a little more balanced for normal INF and a little more fast-paced.
INFMS map pack 1 <-- haven't checked it out (site blocked for me), but some map names sound familiar.

-----------

Still there's not much I can do to make Soldat itself popular again. Lack of popularity is the main problem why INF, as well as other gamemodes don't get attention they deserve. It's not me being emo, it's a fact.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 07:59:20 pm by L[0ne]R »

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2012, 05:35:09 pm »
i've tried to host realistic inf server, but it was either empty or overtaken by some 2 retards (they were votekicking every newcomer). Yup, inf is officially dead.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Amida

• Major
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2012, 07:31:11 pm »
Most of Loners suggestions are uploaded now. Anyone else know of any inf maps worthy of adding or atleast testing feel free to post

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2012, 11:58:23 pm »
Instead of going emo about the situation, just step up and do something about it.
I've repeatedly tried "doing something about it". I kept digging through forums for good maps, sent out map suggestions to Amida, RafiPZ and, I believe, you too when you were hosting your servers in an attempt to revive INF. not to mention fixing and tweaking some of the default maps. Amida's and Rafi's servers didn't live long for whatever reason, my attempt to host a server has failed too due to a crappy router, and from what I remember you weren't doing a whole lot yourself.
I can't "do something about it" on my own, it has to be a team effort. And I believe I've done my part for now, so now it's time for someone else to step in and carry the torch.

I'll repost some of the map suggestions I've sent before:

inf_Magnetic <-- good and fairly popular map, I'm sure you'll recognize it.
inf_Storage <-- a warehouse remake most of you remember.

More maps that look interesting and worth trying out.
inf_Reach
inf_Flute
inf_Changeling
inf_Ponuland and a few other predmod maps. <-- except inf_Chase (see below)
A modified version of inf_Chase <-- Originally from predmod pack, but I modified it to make it a little more balanced for normal INF and a little more fast-paced.
INFMS map pack 1 <-- haven't checked it out (site blocked for me), but some map names sound familiar.

-----------

Still there's not much I can do to make Soldat itself popular again. Lack of popularity is the main problem why INF, as well as other gamemodes don't get attention they deserve. It's not me being emo, it's a fact.

As much as i don't want to create an argument, but i feel i have to address this. Yes, there hasn't been much inf developments for a good while. But Grave has been doing work for the inf scene.. that is reviving the good old Graveyard server. As i've noted before, the server has been getting some fairly good hits lately... getting filled up from time to time. To say that Grave hasn't been doing much just seems to be misleading.

Yes you are right, there has to be a team effort. But your attitude that you've already been doing your share of the work and then simply dropping support is only damaging the scene. If you truly care about improving the life of the game, now is the perfect time to do it! We are at a (relatively) high point at the moment, so if we were to keep this momentum going then it can only do good for us. I'm sure you know what i am talking about. Don't let petty concerns get in your way to make a meaningfully positive difference.

I understand you find the original maps to be quite bland, so perhaps you can go ahead and spruce them up? No fancy rebalancing is needed, just improve on the aesthetics. 

i've tried to host realistic inf server, but it was either empty or overtaken by some 2 retards (they were votekicking every newcomer). Yup, inf is officially dead.

To be fair, realistic inf is a *very* niche server. So i don't know if you can say inf is dead when realistic inf dies off.
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2012, 05:41:52 am »
Ok, then at least realistic part seems dead. Though imho INF is meant for realistic. It's all about sneaking into enemy base and escaping with the flag, isn't it? In non-realistic you can just observer every tunnel just by standing on the safe grounds of your base.
Oh well, but seems people prefer it that way.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Crimson Goth

• Camper
  • A*|INF|Veteran
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2012, 12:20:20 pm »
tbh I like realistic mode better for inf as well. I just think ppl prefer normal mode over realistic these days.

Offline Amida

• Major
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2012, 02:05:59 pm »
don't mind realistic but the fall damage and recoil can get annoying after a while. I still agree with Loner about the same old maps being played over and over, we need a good map maker to make some for us  :|

« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 03:21:16 pm by Amida »

Offline Monsteri

• Artist
  • Flagrunner
  • Strange thing
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2012, 02:07:41 pm »
Oooh, an active INF server?
I don't even remember when I had my last INF match, but I do remember that it was fun.

I'll try to hop on now and then, maybe I'll even get excited enough to make a map ;)
Sorry if I'm insolent.

Offline Biscuiteer

• Camper
  • Need a Biscuit?
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2012, 02:14:17 pm »
I can't say i can argue for the case of realistic, as i never seemed to catch onto that game mode. Being able to see the enemy wherever he can be definitely has its advantages, but the enemy can also see where you are at too. It's a two-way street. If anything, it makes cracking through base defenses much more unforgiving, but also much more rewarding. But that's only my take on it.

EDIT:
Oooh, an active INF server?
I don't even remember when I had my last INF match, but I do remember that it was fun.

I'll try to hop on now and then, maybe I'll even get excited enough to make a map ;)

Hey we'd love to have more members around! Looks like i should hop on the graveyard tonight again.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2012, 02:15:58 pm by Biscuiteer »
Un ~ Biscuiteer

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2012, 02:31:03 pm »
Remember that this is INF, it's unbalanced by definition. Therefor, seeing an enemy everywhere gives more advantage for defender, than for attacker.
- Andrew Lewis

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2012, 07:30:09 pm »
As much as i don't want to create an argument, but i feel i have to address this. Yes, there hasn't been much inf developments for a good while. But Grave has been doing work for the inf scene.. that is reviving the good old Graveyard server. As i've noted before, the server has been getting some fairly good hits lately... getting filled up from time to time. To say that Grave hasn't been doing much just seems to be misleading.
Just hosting a server isn't enough. I've seen Amida do most of the work in managing the server, the scripts and the maplist before, and I'm getting the impression that it's the same way now. If I'm wrong - I'll take my words back and apologise. Bottom line is - it still hurts when you get called a useless emo just for expressing yourself.
* L[0ne]R wants a hug.

If you truly care about improving the life of the game, now is the perfect time to do it! We are at a (relatively) high point at the moment, so if we were to keep this momentum going then it can only do good for us. I'm sure you know what i am talking about. Don't let petty concerns get in your way to make a meaningfully positive difference.

I understand you find the original maps to be quite bland, so perhaps you can go ahead and spruce them up? No fancy rebalancing is needed, just improve on the aesthetics.
That's what I did with some of the remakes, but the results were disappointing - despite the mostly positive feedback on the forums, only 2 are actually being played (and that's only because they come with the game). From what I'm seeing so far - people either don't want or don't care about the remakes, which is demotivating to say the least. Before I do any more work - I need to understand what's wrong with the work that I've already done, otherwise it'll go to waste too.

-----------
Anyway, if anyone already has a layout idea (I know some of you scribble them when you're bored) - PM me and I'll try to make it into an actual map. I don't yet trust my ability to create new layouts myself, so I'd prefer leave that part in someone else's hands (not saying I won't try though).

Offline RafiPZ

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 07:47:59 pm »
Rafi's servers didn't live long for whatever reason

Hey the server had a good run...  :'(