Author Topic: Entwinement Open Sourced  (Read 1576 times)

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
Entwinement Open Sourced
« on: January 24, 2012, 09:59:07 am »
Hello, you may remember a while ago I posted a game I was working on called entwinement, well I published the source code to github yesterday. It is not finished by any means, however you can play soldat levels and geek out. The link is here: http://entwinement.co.nr

The installation takes a bit, but should be worth it (I hope)
The readme file on the page I listed should explain the rest of it. You can copy your scenery and textures into the corresponding game folders and just drop the map files on the game. You can alternatively create maprepo's which allow you to play your levels combined or even flipped vertically/horizontally - they also allow for importing scripts.

Hope you guys like it, let me know what you want to see, what you don't want to see, what works and what doesn't. This isn't a release to impress, just for fun. Thanks
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 05:50:27 pm by jettlarue »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: Entwinement Open Sourced
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2012, 10:12:11 am »
wow, gonna check it out

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2012, 06:43:58 pm »
That's certainly very interesting, and it's nice of you to release the source. I hate to change the subject, but what Soldat map is that?
There are other worlds than these

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, 07:10:46 pm »
It is ctf_village I believe.

Please note, if you want to use all of the features you must be ready to get your hands dirty with editing some xml files to put in vehicles etc etc, I need to make a more dynamic and full featured menu so that this step can be eliminated, that will be my next goal.