Author Topic: New Minecraft Server (Update) No whitelsit  (Read 12816 times)

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
  • I'm a Soldat freelancer, and I'm Looking for work.
    • Crash Commando Kings
New Minecraft Server (Update) No whitelsit
« on: January 04, 2012, 04:34:00 am »
After 3 months of testing DestroyerCraft is out of beta, read to go public! No whitelsit!!

Main features:
* Dedicated Frag-net server (1GB) Tested no lag! 18 slots!
* Dual Survival/Creative
* Anti cheat/grief!!!
* Multi world!!
* Skylands
* Robust permissions
* Player Groups/Ranks
* Economy
* Chest based player shops

Rules:
1. No Griefing
2. Staff words are final
3. No spamming chat (ie: all caps, raging..)
4. No stealing
5. No asking for staff positions
6. No asking for hand outs
7. No hacking or 3rd party mod that includes xray and fly mod
8. Do not lie
9. Use common sense!
ALL the above are bannable offenses

Events
We occasionally holding PvP and spleef events. As interest and attendance grows we may have them every weekend =)

What other say about DestroyerCraft!

Fantastic server, every other one I've been on the admins cared little about griefing or anything else, these ones will voluntarily help you rebuild in the rare case of griefing (Only one known occurrence, resulted in IP Ban) The community is all friendly, Especially the mod known as "Itsmesherman" honestly one of the kindest people I have ever met before, always willing to help, and one of the most hilarious people I've met, The people from this server have become friends for life, I don't think ill ever look for a new server!

Our staff:

Owner
VehicleDestroyer

Moderators (more need; hand picked only)
Vincebros
Itsmesherman

SubMods
Arkabzol

DestroyerCraft.fragnet.net:26065

Calling all huexe players!

Some time ago another server was posted here on SF. Huexe has been dead for a while and I'm looking for it's players! If you played on huexe and I remember you you'll get special privileges on our server!!
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 07:56:34 pm by vehicledestroyer »
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
Soldat weapon Factory 1.1
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
Re: New Minecraft Server
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2012, 11:03:58 pm »
18 slots doesn't seem like a lot. That being said, maybe I'll check it out. I've had a bit of an urge to play Minecraft lately, and it would be nice to play with some people from Soldat.

Offline VinceBros

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2012, 01:03:37 am »
18 slots doesn't seem like a lot.
That's enough for us, we are a small but a very user-friendly community!

I've had a bit of an urge to play Minecraft lately, and it would be nice to play with some people from Soldat.
You are welcomed, my good sir! If you wish to become an official member, contact an admin/mod, we'll be glad to promote you!

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2012, 11:52:32 am »
My IGN is xurich if it's not too much trouble to add me.

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2012, 08:50:22 pm »
My IGN is xurich if it's not too much trouble to add me.

Added.
I am a Soldat freelancer. I'm looking for projects and I have some of my own. I'm ready when you are...
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2012, 09:34:12 pm »
Thanks.

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 03:09:33 am »
I do have a slight urge to play Minecraft SMP, but most servers I can find are either too closed off (everything is already done) or totally chaotic.

IGN: Fryer

BTW, where is the server located? (Will me living in Sweden be a problem?)
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2012, 11:53:06 pm »
I do have a slight urge to play Minecraft SMP, but most servers I can find are either too closed off (everything is already done) or totally chaotic.

IGN: Fryer

BTW, where is the server located? (Will me living in Sweden be a problem?)

Added

We have 4 or so Sweden players! They report some lag no doubt...  The server is in Dallas TX.
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2012, 06:19:54 am »
Ok, thanks.

Maybe I'm blind though, but I can't see any IP for the server anywhere.
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2012, 09:50:46 pm »
Ok, thanks.

Maybe I'm blind though, but I can't see any IP for the server anywhere.

I know it's hilarious
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline VinceBros

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2012, 10:51:44 pm »
(LOL) Oops! (Here it is: 108.60.213.84:26065) Sorry for making you wait guys.

I'll tell VehicleDestroyer, as soon as possible, to add it on the first post so it's easier for other users to see it!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2012, 10:53:16 pm by VinceBros »

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2012, 11:49:45 pm »
(LOL) Oops! (Here it is: 108.60.213.84:26065) Sorry for making you wait guys.

I'll tell VehicleDestroyer, as soon as possible, to add it on the first post so it's easier for other users to see it!

Fail is recognized...
« Last Edit: January 11, 2012, 11:51:35 pm by vehicledestroyer »
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2012, 04:07:25 pm »

The server has been updated to Minecraft 1.1!! For a full list of changes and add features check the Minecraft wiki

New spawn area

New PvP arena.

Making new friends?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 04:10:48 pm by vehicledestroyer »
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline SadistAtHeart

• Global Moderator
  • Flagrunner
  • golevka
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2012, 01:21:21 pm »
Minecraft reminds me of a relationship that gets less fulfilling as time goes on. Even though I've been with it for so long and know it's features and nuances well, I simply cannot match the fun I had that first week.

Covering an island with a castle, no regard for uniformity of block placement or aesthetics. Discovering how to craft new tools and finding my first vinyl record. Hollowing the entire underside of the island, save for a small cobblestone chute that brings you to the bottom of the cavernous expanse I once called a "mineshaft."

I would give anything to have the whimsy back, but each time I start Minecraft, we do the same old things. I establish a small house with a basement that leads to a patterned branch mine. Sometimes I wonder if the feelings Minecraft had for me have faded as well... if we just keep coming back to each other out of a fear of being bored and alone.

Before I find enough diamond to make a pickaxe, boredom sets in. Before even making another building. I tell myself I'll play later, and try to expand into a city or perhaps a floating castle.

It never happens.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2012, 04:45:29 pm »
@SaH

The first fun part is in the learning
The second (fun) part is in improving on yourself (this is where the nostalgia comes from, where/when you look at your past self just learning things and making honest, silly mistakes)
The third part is making use of all the features that Minecraft has offered so far.

In many people's case, the third part is the most difficult for them to start on, as they usually get bored halfway through the second part. There are a few thoughts that I have on this:

One, those people have gotten started on the third part, and is currently trying to start on a very large project, and then eventually becomes disillusioned by how long the project takes them to do, or become distracted by life.

Two, boredom. I know, right? It happens to everyone, and it's pretty much not our fault. This is a sandbox game, and like all sandbox games out there, offers you all the features it has to offer, and then lets you do whatever you want with them. It won't set goals for you. It won't tell you what to do next. It is perfectly fine with whatever you decide to do in the game. This gives us infinite possibilities and infinite options, and in several instances, makes us spend a infinitely long time sitting there deciding what to do next.

Three, set goals. As mentioned above, the other thing is to set goals for yourself. You don't have to build freakishly large houses from the get-go. Start small, from the bottom, and build yourself up as you go.

As for me, I don't know. I've been building completely different houses every time, and I always find that interesting to do. Version 1.0-1.1's been out for a while and I just got back into playing it again. There are so many new features to try out, and there is a completely new world to explore along with the nether. And I haven't even gotten my feet wet in alchemy and enchantment.

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2012, 08:26:38 pm »
I got bored of Minecraft god knows how long ago. and I stopped playing single player way before then. But I never stopped watching Minecraft LPs or looking mods I never installed and I was always up to date with all Minecraft news. I never knew why it stuck with me even after I kind of left the game... I still don't. The amount of time I've wasted on this game is crazy. And creative mod or mods that let you spawn items take the fun out of it so I'm torn.. I want to make a crazy underground complex or recreate that castle and I never do. I tell my self it's either a waste of time or creative mode take all the fun out of it.

Always having goals is the best way to play minecraft. so that you never run out of things to. I can't believe how many times I've finished a project just to be left with the sudden feeling that "I have nothing more I want to do.."  But I don't stop playing.. and I'll come back the next day with the same felling "It will take too long and it's a waste of time; I should cheat.. but that won't be fun... so, I have nothing to do"

tl;dr The point:

With a game like Minecraft you need to learn to put it down when there's nothing left to do. Think what you want to do, if there's nothing don't play at all. It's like thing of that word you can't remember and trying to remember. That's no how your brain works! You won't remember. You won't start having fun playing minecraft while your bored and still playing minecraft. Let your mind rest. And naturally.. it will come up with ideas.. and goals.. and
the fun of Minecraft.

But don't get trapped in a cycle. That's when Minecraft is an addiction.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 08:28:55 pm by vehicledestroyer »
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2012, 05:03:13 am »
It is true as you say. A good way to play minecraft is with friends in a new worls (not creative mode)

Offline vehicledestroyer

• Soldier
    • Crash Commando Kings
Re: New Minecraft Server (Update) No whitelsit
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2012, 07:25:49 pm »
Updated. Check the first post!
My Projects:
A community appeal
GTA II Mod