Leave (WM) prefix
8 (38.1%)
Replace it with "modded" field and filter
11 (52.4%)
Just remove it, without any replacement
2 (9.5%)

Total Members Voted: 21

Voting closed: March 21, 2012, 06:51:29 am

Author Topic: (WM) prefix, do we need it?  (Read 6880 times)

13th_account

Re: (WM) prefix, do we need it?
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2012, 03:46:27 pm »
There are some good server mods and some bad ones, so I don't think it would be fair to completely hide them, or completely remove the ability to do so.
The way it's done now (server filter + indicator in server name) is fine by me. Only thing that IMHO would be better is removing (WM) and instead using a different font color for modded servers. This way it's easier to distinguish modded and non-modded servers from each other, but at the same time modded servers would stand out a bit more in the server list, getting a bit more attention.

The current server filter for WMs doesn't work. Even if it did work, it would only filter out servers that AREN'T running running a custom WM, which is the opposite of what most people seem to want. An easy fix then would be to reverse the logic in that filter option.

I do think that servers running scripts should stand out more, but not with a change in font color. It grabs too much attention, looks ugly and doesn't make any sense in describing what it means. I suggest it be an icon like be BattlEye logo was.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 11:25:14 am »
As because replace option won with over 50% of votes, changes in soldat will be done accordingly.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 12:30:22 pm »
I wouldn't replace it with a modded field.
The field should be called weapon mod.

But we need to think more about this as it is part of a bigger problem (hint scripting, subgame modes and weaponmod).
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 01:21:13 pm »
But we need to think more about this as it is part of a bigger problem (hint scripting, subgame modes and weaponmod).
I wonder to remember you about some great idea: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=41567.msg503079#msg503079