Author Topic: Next soldat version ie; new maps?!  (Read 4168 times)

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
Next soldat version ie; new maps?!
« on: February 29, 2012, 10:06:05 am »
Alright I have no idea where to post this but here I go.

Im just curious if there is going to be a few new default maps, and then I point out directly to CTF maps.

Also If there even is who decides on what is going to be a default map or not? I know you have a testing team, but they're just a few players, shouldn't there be a thread about discussing new maps?

thats all

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
Re: Next soldat version ie; new maps?!
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 10:12:15 am »
As it is now there will be 1 new default map that will use bouncy polygons for next version.
And the beta team is the ones that are responsible for new maps.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 12:39:05 pm »
I would like a no fly map in ctf style ( not tw map)
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 05:52:46 pm »
As it is now there will be 1 new default map that will use bouncy polygons for next version.

that beta team are active ctf players?

even then don't you want maps to be appreciated by a community and not just a few testers? Seems the bad option to me tbh.

Like last time Scorpion, sure nice map and all but 90% of the players dislike it and it isn't really picked in any clanwar or so. Not to mention public servers if they even are there, they simply don't have scorpion on it.

So again, are you going to keep it being tested by a testing team and they decide if it's going to be default or not? Because the better option to me is that they just test if the map is even able to make it to the default section and then make a topic if it's a good map or not for that certain game mode (ctf, inf, htf).

so ?

not being offensive just stating my opinion.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 06:03:41 pm »
few big ctf maps please ;

Im chill like that

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 12:02:57 am »
The maps needs remakes, just it. More atractive for new players and changes to don't be boring for the old players. Like Nuubia, Run... and almost all TM/DM/PM/RM maps.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2012, 12:05:09 am by duz »
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 02:43:42 am »

that beta team are active ctf players?

even then don't you want maps to be appreciated by a community and not just a few testers? Seems the bad option to me tbh.

Like last time Scorpion, sure nice map and all but 90% of the players dislike it and it isn't really picked in any clanwar or so. Not to mention public servers if they even are there, they simply don't have scorpion on it.

So again, are you going to keep it being tested by a testing team and they decide if it's going to be default or not? Because the better option to me is that they just test if the map is even able to make it to the default section and then make a topic if it's a good map or not for that certain game mode (ctf, inf, htf).

so ?

not being offensive just stating my opinion.

yes they are active, and Scorpion has been revised for the next version.

few big ctf maps please ;

The problem with big ctf maps is that they are all basically the same layout, what would be needed is some new concepts for big maps(huge potential here using for example bouncy polygons)

The maps needs remakes, just it. More atractive for new players and changes to don't be boring for the old players. Like Nuubia, Run... and almost all TM/DM/PM/RM maps.

Well anything is possible but someones gotta do it as well also Run has already been remaked, it works quite well now and is decently popular on publics.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 07:46:06 am »
i wish sg had the custom gather running again. imo it's the only good solution for making new maps official. doing things behind the community's back is just the wrong way to go.

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 12:30:39 pm »
the maps are tested at #soldat.mapping
maybe custom gathers should also be done there
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 01:38:14 pm »
the problem of #soldat.mapping is that nobody really plays there. custom servers on the most popular gather channels would certainly work better.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 03:17:04 pm »
Pointless...

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 03:33:58 pm »
Pointless...
I tough of making a server for me and few my frends with  no-fly ctf maps.
 Sure they wouldn't look like the standard ones they would be more "realistical" with buildings and tunnels reachable with simple jumping like in real life , and few towers for snipers that cant be rushed from Air like on fly maps.
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 05:52:38 pm »
just to add something to my earlier posts:

judging by the stats of sctfl 19 and 18, the popularity of lanubya and snakebite decreased a lot. i cannot understand why snakebite was modified. i admit lanubya wasn't a good map before but the new version is definitely worse.

also scorpion was played 27 times in sctfl 19, 23 times by a single clan. is it really necessary to keep the map?

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 06:21:10 pm »

judging by the stats of sctfl 19 and 18, the popularity of lanubya and snakebite decreased a lot. i cannot understand why snakebite was modified. i admit lanubya wasn't a good map before but the new version is definitely worse.

also scorpion was played 27 times in sctfl 19, 23 times by a single clan. is it really necessary to keep the map?

lol look at maya2 and maya both are not even played anymore oh wait its mayapan now thats why

and yes soldat.mapping is barely used, So I also advice to add a custom gather on a few popular gather channels. Seems the best thing to do atm.

Offline zakath

• Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 02:54:41 am »

Scorpion is using a concept that is new thats why its there.

lol look at maya2 and maya both are not even played anymore oh wait its mayapan now thats why

and yes soldat.mapping is barely used, So I also advice to add a custom gather on a few popular gather channels. Seems the best thing to do atm.

the whole idea with soldat.mapping is to have a platform for testing maps that would hardly be the case with haveing a custom gather.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 12:39:40 pm »
I tough of making a server for me and few my frends with  no-fly ctf maps.
 Sure they wouldn't look like the standard ones they would be more "realistical" with buildings and tunnels reachable with simple jumping like in real life , and few towers for snipers that cant be rushed from Air like on fly maps.
I know what you meant but you can make map like that yourself.

Btw. I see you still enjoy camping game style... ;D

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 08:03:25 pm »
http://tms.jrgp.org/2010/?map=1676

check out this made by Deadpool.

Seem like good maps to me.

add plox not scorpion alike, adding more maps giving us more chance to choose from and less boring (same maps all the time) games

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2012, 06:39:37 am »
Btw. I see you still enjoy camping game style... ;D

a bit... ;D
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Ymies

• Major
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2012, 02:43:43 pm »
the problem with our custom gathers was that 95% of all custom maps are total bullshit and none of us really had the motivation to keep updating the map pool