Poll

Is spas too overpowered in realistic mode ?

Yes
No, it's balanced

Author Topic: [realistic] Spas damage poll  (Read 3410 times)

Offline Mexer

• Soldier
  • real eyes. realize. real lies.
[realistic] Spas damage poll
« on: February 29, 2012, 11:59:00 am »
Let's settle this once and for all.

My opinion:
I think that this weapon is too overpowered in realistic games. I've been playing on Leo's ctf and more than half of the players there are using spas and having positive ratios almost every time. I call it volcano gun, as it's hard to escape from, even in mid to long ranges...
Soldat devs and community: We want this game to be successful and have new players and make it popular!

Soldat devs and community: But we want the oldskool graphics and bugs and errors to be left alone! Soldat shall never change!!!

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
Re: [realistic] Spas damage poll
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 12:42:16 pm »
Yes to overpowered but i fear that a fix will make it to weak like in standard mode. Anyway i would leave damage but make spread 2x bigger. That would be more realistically and prevent 50+m kills like now then it would be balanced.
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline JackFlash

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2012, 08:24:08 am »
Yeah, on realistic servers (and especially these big ones with a lot of players, like Leo's), I feel it is overpowered. It can kill enemies with one shot even on mid+ range and shoots pretty fast, so in a pack of enemies with autos, you can spas them all in a second. Also on realistic, I like that every spas shot behind me is speeding me up, so I can get to mid range enemies quickly.

But for m79/chainsaw player, like me, it is hell to play against spas users, since they shoot so fast.. So I would take firerate a bit down [just on realistic servers].

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 05:41:17 am »
jup, nerf this

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 06:44:21 am »
At this moment LRS is so full of Spas noobas those make me really annoyed. They should have to be shouted down.

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 04:50:56 am »
*bump*
Isn't anything going to happen here?
Also this thread: http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=41741.0
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 04:58:17 am by TheOne »

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 06:34:23 am »
This topic was posted during 1.6.2. The realistic Spas received some nerfs in 1.6.3 and got increased pellet spread in the 1.6.4 beta. Have you tried it?
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 06:36:34 am by 14th_account »

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 12:10:08 pm »
I played 1.6.3 and there the situation was still much like before. I didn't know about the change for 1.6.4b (was told that the weapon settings weren't touched), I will await it first then - thanks.

Offline NamelessWolf

• Soldier
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2013, 03:01:53 pm »
Hm. I haven't played the beta, but I did play on a server which used some interesting weapons mod not long ago. Spas damage was drastically lowerd and it often needed two shots to kill, even on reasonably low distance. That might have been a bit too much, cause in close range you probably won't be able to fire that gun twice before dying.

I think what should be changed is the spread of the pellets rather than the damage that they cause. That way you can still kill in one shot, providing that the enemy is close enough to not have the shotgun shell spread all over the place, but its' effective maximum range will be lower (since it will require much more luck to hit the same enemy with multiple pellets).
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:05:04 pm by NamelessWolf »