1 (5%)
Yes. 70bullets
3 (15%)
No.
15 (75%)
Don't knew...
1 (5%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: FN-Minimi m249 FIX  (Read 2990 times)

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
FN-Minimi m249 FIX
« on: May 15, 2012, 10:57:26 am »
Ok I have seen something pretty irritating at soldat. ( THE THREAD IS ABOUT STANDARD MODE NOT realistic )
Its the Suppresion power of the  [Minimi] that is good with its 50-ammo but a  [AK74] with 40 bullets and 2x Faster reload beats it by far. So a real-life m249 has 100bullets a "bit" to much for soldat so why not make it 70 bullets like imi-Negev would be ok and would make it more a suppression weapon then the AK.
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Re: FN-Minimi m249 FIX
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 12:55:29 pm »
I can only tell you that 70 bullets idea is madness...

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 01:12:49 pm »
^ Can you tell then something useful ? How to fix's the Minimi to be a support/suppresion weapon, so it overcomes the ak . Or at least say something about 60 bullets?
Your post isnt constructive in any way its just stupid.
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 01:31:33 pm »
^ Can you tell then something useful ? How to fix's the Minimi to be a support/suppresion weapon, so it overcomes the ak . Or at least say something about 60 bullets?
Your post isnt constructive in any way its just stupid.
If I say no to 70, that means I have to agree somehow with another option. And there's exactly only one.

So far your idea to fix it by adding Minimi 20 fucking bullets is obviously fucked up. And that's something everybody know but you (watch Poll).

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2012, 02:20:23 pm »
Ok then lets the ak take the minimis job like i care i dont make or pay for this game .
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

13th_account

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2012, 04:58:13 pm »
Hmm... number for number the Minimi beats AK at raw suppression power. It can keep firing for 12.5% longer, does a tad greater damage over time, and thus 15% more damage per magazine. It also out-ranges the AK.

But the Minimi in normal mode was never meant to be particularly good at suppressing enemies. It was only meant to be better at 1 vs many. Balls-to-the-wall suppression à la Minigun doesn't really fly in a fast-paced shooter if it becomes the norm.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2012, 06:16:40 pm »
minimi needs a nerf if anything...

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2012, 01:36:10 pm »
Here's my examination on paper:
FN has better speed but worse damage, which means it's better for long range aim but has little difference in damage.
FN has better damage rate due to faster firing rate, but also exhausts the clip 10% faster.
FN has a big ass clip but a long reload, and reload is generally preferable unless you're dealing with constant barrages with little cover.
AK has better moveacc.
FN has 25% more ammo but 66% longer reload.

By that, my vote is that it should have 60 ammo, 50% ammo is more reasonable for the 66% longer reload and 10% faster use in my opinion. Perhaps it should have a very small loss of damage as a result.

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2012, 12:09:53 am »
I don't see why FN needs a buff in ammo; it is already a formidable weapon in itself. Between AK and FN, I like FN's superior DPS and higher bullet speed while the movement accuracy isn't really an issue for me. The longer reload is not a big issue to me either; either I'm dead by the time I'm reloading or I successfully wait it out, and in addition I normally grab a Socom as a backup. You also can't really suppress your enemies in normal mode anyway; if that were the case the minigun would have been useful for a long time.

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2012, 02:41:49 am »
After some more calculations I think AK and FN are about the same, and think they are fine as is. I was mainly considering reload and ammo, which I now realise was silly.
So add 1 more to "No".