Poll

M72 LAW Bullet Camera?

Yes, F12.
11 (55%)
No, F11.
9 (45%)

Total Members Voted: 20

Author Topic: Following the Bullet - Camera View  (Read 1795 times)

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
Following the Bullet - Camera View
« on: February 21, 2012, 04:29:52 am »
So I was reading the LAW explosions on minimap topic and I saw this post:
There are better ways to help LAW users improve their aim (one idea would be to allow the LAW user to follow his bullet as long as he keep holding the fire button - but thats a totally different topic and should get a separate thread if someone thinks it's worth it).
I thought of it for a bit. Currently only the Barrett M82A1 allows you to follow your own bullet, and it is done automatically when you fire while scoped, and the camera will reset when you do certain actions. What comes into mind:

* What other weapons could also have this kind of bullet camera view? Perhaps just the LAW?

* How should the camera be activated? Hold down the shoot button as Shoozza said or some other way? And while we are at it, should we change the way the Barrett's current bullet camera works?
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 04:31:42 am by STM1993 »

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
Re: Following the Bullet - Camera View
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2012, 01:20:41 pm »
First can you make a Poll for "law bullet follow"
ok so
-For me the only weapons for Bullet follow should be Barrett m82a1 and m72-Law cause of its specifications both are slow firing weapons with a bullet/missile that kills on long range with 1hit so YES f12

-The one about the camera , I played soldat since 1.3.2 or 1.3.1 o rly cant remember but i knew i never had a problem with the follow camera so for me it should stay like it is

So all in all yes LAW follow F12
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2012, 06:08:42 pm »
* What other weapons could also have this kind of bullet camera view? Perhaps just the LAW?
I think it should be only barret and m72. Let's think about m79 its also a one shot but it lacks of range so bullet camera wouldnt do the job there. I think implementing this feature to rest of the guns is out of the question.
* How should the camera be activated? Hold down the shoot button as Shoozza said or some other way? And while we are at it, should we change  the way the Barrett's current bullet camera works?
Holding the button sounds fine :)

Im chill like that

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 12:37:32 pm »
make it guided so that it follow cursor too.

And seriously, why would you add it? I mean, barret is a sniper rifle, thus it has optical viewfinder. And LAW? how would you explain it being able to actually zoom on the target/bullet?
Though maybe a slightly higher view range on any weapon while crouching/lying would be nice. Settable obviously, as many may dislike it due to obvious camping advantage.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 01:29:51 pm »
Though maybe a slightly higher view range on any weapon while crouching/lying would be nice. Settable obviously, as many may dislike it due to obvious camping advantage.
Please no. Favoring static and defensive gameplay is the last thing we need in soldat.

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 03:22:54 pm »
make it guided so that it follow cursor too.

And seriously, why would you add it? I mean, barret is a sniper rifle, thus it has optical viewfinder. And LAW? how would you explain it being able to actually zoom on the target/bullet?

Sometimes we must sacrifice realism for gameplay and that is for sure better so. ( And soldat is not really realistic all in all)

And about the Optic sight zoom think on the Barrett-m82
Barrett-m82a1 can shot its 10 bullets in 8 seconds - Soldat it cant reason Game-play
That is the same reason as we would like LAW-Follow in Soldat cause of  Game-play it doesn't matter if the Law-m72 don't got " optic sight zoom thing on it " the only thing that matters is game-play
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 03:26:50 pm by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2012, 03:26:36 pm »
I think reload time should increase if we add that, cause of low m72 reload time it would be easy to follow bullet trail and aim on the efc

Im chill like that

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2012, 03:32:53 pm »
I think reload time should increase if we add that, cause of low m72 reload time it would be easy to follow bullet trail and aim on the efc
" EDIT: You mean Bullet follow or missile commanding? " this down is about bullet follow
Missle command could be only implanted as a new weapon like a TOW missile maybe as the 10 weapon removing chain-gun or 1 shoot weapon secondary

Hm... Maybe not cause:
1. Law reload is long and soldat is a Really Really fast Game so making Law reload longer no that would be a problem... would just make it like on older versions ( shoot and drop) and the law isn't that powerful it cant kill someone if it explodes near a full HP enemy.

2. Barrett Rate of Fire is pretty high if we compare it to the law and we don't got problems with barrett camp/spray so  law would ether make problems.

3. If you think that the Law-soldier playing a Mortar would survive 10 second you are pretty wrong ... ( 1. fire miss 90% or kill 10% -> 2. An enemy rushes(mp5 ak m79 m249) and kills the Law-Mortar player cause he is helpless if he got the Law in hands cause of reloading for a new Law strike)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 04:24:39 pm by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2012, 06:02:06 pm »
No, i mean the bullet following feature, and m72 is a secondary so it should be little odd

/btw check out 3000 hours of soldat played after all these years using xfire \o/
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 06:03:40 pm by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline Mighty

• Camper
« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2012, 11:10:27 am »
With LAW it could be fun, why not? Much more fun to see than Barret in my opinion.

@3000h: lame you just keep it open and don't actually play :p
xFire: macmil        e-mail: macekmil@gmail.com
My scripts: Accuracy Script       Flashbang       Punishments GUID
            CatchMe Gamemod       AntiFake
            CW System             AntiFakeGUID

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2012, 08:28:18 am »
Pretty unnecessary for other modes than TW. I think the missile doesn't fly far enough for checking the enemy's location.

Offline sumichEoS

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2012, 03:21:17 pm »
sounds really cool but not a good idea, i dont want to follow my bullet on say guardian going for a random spawn shot then lose any ground would make up because im following my bullet, same as most maps, because the law doesnt go that far either its not a good idea. Im a frequent law user tough and a way to toggle this law camera on and off wld be excellent for when im in servers trying to work out new laws i wldnt need a friend to come in and tell me if the law is reflecti ng or where it lands.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:23:18 pm by sumichEoS »
boombacloud johnson

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2012, 05:41:51 pm »
F11 - I'd like to see the option to follow bullets just on the demo player.
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2012, 07:19:33 pm »
F12
It would be awesome why only barrett follow when Law got even better specifications like 1shoot kill,slower bullet,explosion and it got a missile that falls down so it can be shoot behind Mountains for sure F12!
Choose one,
Bonecrusher