Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 6469 times)

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2006, 03:11:16 pm »
You mean those gay private servers that only allows you to attack and lots of restrictions?
No way.
If we had a private server we would be in control. Therefore ultimately it would be up to me and GM's I assign If I were to host it (would be moderators and admins from the forums and maybe a select few of my choice). But I'm not going to be hosting AFAIK so don't worry about it. But if I did it would be a democracy as to the server rules and whatnot.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline iPod

• Major
  • HA! HA! CARE FOR A MIXED NUT?
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2006, 05:30:54 pm »
Would be cool to have our own Soldat Forums free server.
Maybe a bonus in experience rate?
Our own Soldat Forums guilds named after clans?
Now that I think about it, that would be really cool If I could find a way to host a private server somewhere. If it's legal that is, I'm pretty sure it is legal if we don't use the exact code from the official servers. Correct me if I'm wrong.
This would be a way to get forumers to play WoW and it would be free.
Sure there wouldn't be a huge population but we could even advert it with Selfkill and Fractured, ect.
Just a thought.
* Sethamundo imagines a pvp battle of a Soldat Forums guild vs. a Fractured Soldat guild.
Quote from: Excerpt from WoW EULA
B. You agree that you shall not, under any circumstances,
(iii) host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard in any way, including without limitation through protocol emulation, tunneling, packet sniffing, modifying or adding components to the Game

I believe this directly addresses server emulation.. not legal :P
Besides, private/emulated servers are buggy as hell.
[MpS]P00pSmith

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2006, 06:44:34 pm »
Oyeah another reason i'm playing....Money.

If I did have money, I would rather play EVE because I'm a big huge-ass space battle freak.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2006, 07:44:06 pm »
Would be cool to have our own Soldat Forums free server.
Maybe a bonus in experience rate?
Our own Soldat Forums guilds named after clans?
Now that I think about it, that would be really cool If I could find a way to host a private server somewhere. If it's legal that is, I'm pretty sure it is legal if we don't use the exact code from the official servers. Correct me if I'm wrong.
This would be a way to get forumers to play WoW and it would be free.
Sure there wouldn't be a huge population but we could even advert it with Selfkill and Fractured, ect.
Just a thought.
* Sethamundo imagines a pvp battle of a Soldat Forums guild vs. a Fractured Soldat guild.
Quote from: Excerpt from WoW EULA
B. You agree that you shall not, under any circumstances,
(iii) host, provide or develop matchmaking services for the Game or intercept, emulate or redirect the communication protocols used by Blizzard in any way, including without limitation through protocol emulation, tunneling, packet sniffing, modifying or adding components to the Game

I believe this directly addresses server emulation.. not legal :P
Besides, private/emulated servers are buggy as hell.
Well still it was a mice thought. I wonder if I directly contacted Blizzard and asked for permission and offered them payment if they would let me? Probably not, but it's a cool thought nonetheless.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline iPod

• Major
  • HA! HA! CARE FOR A MIXED NUT?
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2006, 07:54:23 pm »
Dude.. they have 5 million+ subscribers, at $15/month. What kind of money could you offer them to be able to run a private server? =D Well, it's a positive thought anyway.
[MpS]P00pSmith

Offline Rambo_6

• Camper
  • Banned
    • (Adam Whitby) What where you're freinds doing on my server earlier?!
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2006, 11:10:50 pm »
World of Warcraft

FAAAAG

My brother plays WoW, it's the lamest game ever in my opinion. Most MMORPG's seem pointless to me. What do you do once you have all your skills maxed out? Show off to other kids who sit and play it all day?
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 11:12:24 pm by Rambo_6 »

Offline frogboy

• Soldier
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2006, 12:36:11 am »
Most MMORPG's seem pointless to me. What do you do once you have all your skills maxed out? Show off to other kids who sit and play it all day?
No, you farm gold.

Offline Milkman Dan

• Major(1)
  • Jesus </3 you
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2006, 12:41:29 am »
Most MMORPG's seem pointless to me. What do you do once you have all your skills maxed out? Show off to other kids who sit and play it all day?
No, you farm gold.
Ugh, last thing we need is more gold!

I downloaded the trial today. For the 10 days, is it that it takes 1 day off for each day in which you play? Or does it start the trial as soon as you start playing and ends 10 days later...

Offline Gold

• Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2006, 12:49:14 am »
I lost a friend to world of warcraft.

What do you mean

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2006, 01:16:27 am »
I played it for a bit but really couldn't get too much into it since i had to play alone...
@ii

Offline Mr. Domino

• Flagrunner
  • Don't just sit there and waste your precious time.
    • XBLIG.co
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2006, 01:42:03 am »

What do you mean

Likely that the friend became addicted to the game and would never leave the house or do anything else.

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2006, 06:09:36 am »

What do you mean

Likely that the friend became addicted to the game and would never leave the house or do anything else.
I'm not even that bad. I don't play it religiously either. And Milkman Dan upon downloading the game and creating an account, you're 10 days start. The clock is ticking.
EDIT: Play on Stonemaul server.  ;D

Offline The Red Guy

• Flagrunner
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2006, 06:32:48 am »
You mean those gay private servers that only allows you to attack and lots of restrictions?
No way.
If we had a private server we would be in control. Therefore ultimately it would be up to me and GM's I assign If I were to host it (would be moderators and admins from the forums and maybe a select few of my choice). But I'm not going to be hosting AFAIK so don't worry about it. But if I did it would be a democracy as to the server rules and whatnot.
Well, the current Private servers SUCKS.

Offline Milkman Dan

• Major(1)
  • Jesus </3 you
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2006, 07:05:44 am »
I haven't made an account yet, I'll wait till after my tests/my mid-semester break starting at the end of this week so I can devote every waking minute to it.

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2006, 07:09:38 am »
Warcraft is strange. Once you hit the level limit, all you do is run over the same instances of the endgame area over and over again trying to get the tier 2s and 3s armor, then they just start attempting the same boss every freaking day until the somehow manage to get it right, then they move onto the next boss and spend another several months trying to beat  that one.

Offline Rainbow Concussion

• Major(1)
  • goddamned batman
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2006, 07:14:23 am »
I find it boring. Slow paced. And the good thing about soldat, it actually made my reflexes 5x faster. My friend (who plays WOW) tried to punch me, so I did a barrel roll, shot him with a rubber band, and ate his sandwich.
BRIX SHAT.

Offline The Bone Collector

• Veteran
  • I'm so sexy.
    • Daniel Rutter Films
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2006, 08:01:29 am »
A free trial came in the post a while back, I used it as a coster..
And so you should :) WoW sucks. AOE3 is much better xD
Just another soul to burn.

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2006, 01:28:06 pm »
WoW is really a good game, people just jump on the fanboy boat and either love it way to much or whine so much it gets to be pathetic. Like the great poet said, don't knock it till you try it. If me and my bro could play the game together I'm sure it would be fun for me, but that can't happen now so I will stick with uo. Basically games like wow need to be played to be judged, cause your either gonna get a way to perfect view from a fanboy lover or a evil, spawn of hell, satan picks lolipops view of it from a guy that just "knows someone" that played it.
@ii

Offline homey188

• Soldier
    • A good roleplay site
« Reply #38 on: August 22, 2006, 01:49:18 pm »
WoW is really a good game, people just jump on the fanboy boat and either love it way to much or whine so much it gets to be pathetic. Like the great poet said, don't knock it till you try it. If me and my bro could play the game together I'm sure it would be fun for me, but that can't happen now so I will stick with uo. Basically games like wow need to be played to be judged, cause your either gonna get a way to perfect view from a fanboy lover or a evil, spawn of hell, satan picks lolipops view of it from a guy that just "knows someone" that played it.
I knows someone that plays it. He even let me try it in a ctf match. Not that fun, imho. Fairly entertaining, but doesn't seem like its worth paying for it again every month.

Offline Meep.

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: August 22, 2006, 01:55:03 pm »
I used to want to get it but this computer wouldn't be able to run it, and first I need a job.

so I did a barrel roll

I don't believe you.  Do a barrel roll.