Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 6451 times)

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2006, 01:58:08 pm »
WoW is really a good game, people just jump on the fanboy boat and either love it way to much or whine so much it gets to be pathetic. Like the great poet said, don't knock it till you try it. If me and my bro could play the game together I'm sure it would be fun for me, but that can't happen now so I will stick with uo. Basically games like wow need to be played to be judged, cause your either gonna get a way to perfect view from a fanboy lover or a evil, spawn of hell, satan picks lolipops view of it from a guy that just "knows someone" that played it.
I knows someone that plays it. He even let me try it in a ctf match. Not that fun, imho. Fairly entertaining, but doesn't seem like its worth paying for it again every month.
Its a game that gets funner the more you play it, unlike most games, playing it for an hour or so does not do it justice.
@ii

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2006, 03:09:00 pm »
He even let me try it in a ctf match.
There's no ctf in WoW...
Is there? I'm still a newbie to it, so if it involves the battlegrounds I haven't discovered it yet.
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2006, 03:25:05 pm »
My friend only plays it on moday's and fridays when he does raids....something called molten core and another one......

EDIT: Now he's addicted to CS and Swat 4

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2006, 06:03:05 pm »
My friend only plays it on moday's and fridays when he does raids....something called molten core and another one......

EDIT: Now he's addicted to CS and Swat 4
If you're going to be addicted to somthing why not an MMORPG. That way you can build onto somthing instead of playing short matches. =/
Illumination is not reached by visualizing the light but by exploring the darkness.

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #44 on: August 22, 2006, 06:09:31 pm »
I might try it one day. Depends on if there's a free trial about.
My brother and I tried Eve, didn't really like it. But you might be more into it Dascoo.
Very hard to play with several people on same account as companies make restrictions then...usually.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Milkman Dan

• Major(1)
  • Jesus </3 you
« Reply #45 on: August 22, 2006, 06:12:20 pm »
I might try it one day. Depends on if there's a free trial about.
My brother and I tried Eve, didn't really like it. But you might be more into it Dascoo.
Very hard to play with several people on same account as companies make restrictions then...usually.

10 day free trial
https://login.blizzard.fileplanet.com/login.aspx?o=login&d=fileplanet&r=http://www.fileplanet.com/blizzard_promotion/wow_raf.htm

Offline iPod

• Major
  • HA! HA! CARE FOR A MIXED NUT?
« Reply #46 on: August 22, 2006, 06:19:01 pm »
A free trial came in the post a while back, I used it as a coster..
And so you should :) WoW sucks. AOE3 is much better xD
How can you compare a MMORPG and a RTS?
Furthermore, Age of Empires 3 (Assuming thats what you mean) is possibly the worst of it's series. All pretty, no gameplay.
The wow trial proably isn't worth it. It has restrictions and there's no way to really experience the game in the time they give you. The first 30-40 levels are so horribly annoying I'm not sure how it attracts people, really.
[MpS]P00pSmith

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #47 on: August 22, 2006, 06:22:39 pm »
Yeah the restriction suck, but it's merely meant to be an introduction to gameplay.
And the first 30-40 levels aren't that bad if you can get a group and have fun.

Offline Nfsjunkie91

• Camper
  • Just what I needed. A box of sh-t.
« Reply #48 on: August 22, 2006, 11:07:28 pm »
I lost a friend to World of Warcraft too, and I'm not sure he's ever fully recovered from it...

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #49 on: August 22, 2006, 11:37:18 pm »
I'm now afraid of WOW.

Homeworld beats Wow, more fun capturing 100 ships, building ahuge armada, then owning an evil empire over and over again.

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #50 on: August 23, 2006, 08:01:53 am »
I'm now afraid of WOW.

Homeworld beats Wow, more fun capturing 100 ships, building ahuge armada, then owning an evil empire over and over again.
Once again you're compairing an RTS to an MMORPG.

Offline Zazikerng

• Major(1)
  • Banned
« Reply #51 on: August 23, 2006, 10:51:52 am »
I'm now afraid of WOW.

Once again you're compairing an RTS to an MMORPG.

Comparing anything to an MMORPG is fine, because the MMORPG fails anyway. I could start an "oranges vs. everquest 2" thread now and the oranges would win before the thread would get locked, marked as spamming, and I'd get banned.

<m00`> i fucken told the fucken truth and you fuckendeleted it fuck you
<m00`> FUCK YOU CHAKRA

Offline Rambo_6

• Camper
  • Banned
    • (Adam Whitby) What where you&amp;amp;amp;amp;amp;#039;re freinds doing on my server earlier?!
« Reply #52 on: August 23, 2006, 03:37:46 pm »
If you're going to be addicted to somthing why not an MMORPG. That way you can build onto somthing instead of playing short matches. =/

That's the whole point i was trying to make. What's the point of getting your mining skillz up to lvl 99? Why on earth would you want to mine copper ore or whatever at 10x the speed of a beginning player? So you can make more cash?

What are you going to do with all that cash once you've bought virtually every item in the game?

What are you going to do with all the items once you've bought them?

It just frustrates me to think about it. Why not play a game that depends on your skill rather than the time you spend playing it?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2006, 03:39:23 pm by Rambo_6 »

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #53 on: August 23, 2006, 03:48:30 pm »
Heh, both are fun but you don't realize, I'm assumingm that they add new content to the game all the time. Therefore there's always somthing new to do once you're high level. Still I can see why some people don't enjoy MMO's.  :-\

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2006, 03:52:37 pm »
Remember mmorpgs aren't just grinding, there is tons of pvp in mmorpgs, the grinding will get you better skills and better equipment for pvp. Say you want to make a blackmsith, well thats free weapons and free repairs for broken weapons.  its all in how you play the mmorgp that makes it fun.  Most people are just to much of the "microwave" generation and can't fathom actually working for something in a game.  Some grinding is a pain yeah I've done days of grinding that friggin sucked but in the end it just gave me exactly what i needed.
@ii

Offline Sethamundo

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #55 on: August 23, 2006, 05:25:54 pm »
Not to mention WoW is pretty much based around pvp. Horde vs. Alliance
EDIT: Unless you play on those non pvp bullock servers...

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #56 on: August 23, 2006, 06:55:52 pm »
Yeah Ive dueled a few times in WoW when i did play it, nice pvp in WoW i must say.
@ii