Poll

Y/N?

Y
N

Author Topic: solution for spawnkilling  (Read 3616 times)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
solution for spawnkilling
« on: March 28, 2012, 06:43:03 am »
you cannot use any weapons after spawning for the amount of time that you're invincible. i've seen some popular games in which the players are able to fight back before the invincibility wears off.

this is how i think it should be in soldat too, preferably as an option as it might cause problems in the competitive matches where people don't generally mind spawnkilling.

Offline Blue-ninja

• Veteran
Re: solution for spawnkilling
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2012, 09:33:54 am »
I think it's mostly up to the map designs now, as we have new polygons that have the greatest potential to eliminate spawnkilling (e.g., only red players collide, only blue players collide, only red player shoots through, etc.)

Removing the delay is still an idea, however

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2012, 10:04:58 am »
Spawnkillers with Spases on LRS are shit annoying. They hit be one shot on every range and also you cannot defense yourself. I think that players should be able to shot after they were respawned. Aslo, they should be immortal ghosts for atleast one full second!

Now I see in it the point and I hope more people will agree with it.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2012, 11:13:47 am »
In an earlier version you couldn't throw weapons when you were invincible.
This changed.

I added this because else you had a hard time to leave the spawnpoint when some guy was shooting you dead all the time.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2012, 11:16:28 am »
I think it's mostly up to the map designs now, as we have new polygons that have the greatest potential to eliminate spawnkilling (e.g., only red players collide, only blue players collide, only red player shoots through, etc.)

works with new maps but i don't think it's a good idea to spice the old maps with new polygons.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2012, 07:49:22 pm »
is it really that hard to just roll and kill?
Maybe even take out the LAW?
 I am teh law.

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2012, 07:28:15 am »
the problem with the law is that you're dead before you have had the time to shoot it.

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2012, 11:34:46 am »
cant believe someone made a post about spawnkilling
this is soldat kill or be killed

Offline Jerkington XIII

• Major
  • Yes we camp!
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2012, 02:53:27 pm »
^Incredible. You passed a new record in stupidity. The thing is, you can't kill if you can't even shoot the guy. So right now, it's pretty much only "be killed".  BTW I can't believe you can't believe someone made a post about this; it was just a question of time.
From #soldat.devs:
<evhO> I think qb is trying to kill soldat

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2012, 03:33:51 pm »
How about making the invulnerable time shorter and enable you to shoot right after spawn? That way you
would be able to fight back right away, but not have too much of an advantage..

So, Yes but make invulnerable time shorter.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:36:44 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2012, 06:10:03 pm »
^Incredible. You passed a new record in stupidity. The thing is, you can't kill if you can't even shoot the guy. So right now, it's pretty much only "be killed".  BTW I can't believe you can't believe someone made a post about this; it was just a question of time.
noob talk

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2012, 06:32:46 pm »
noob talk

well i made this topic mainly cause i get votekicked quite often because of spawnkilling. i sure do know how difficult it is for a less experienced player to beat a spawnkiller. the situation is just unfair for the victim.

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2012, 06:44:29 pm »
so you want to make it easier if you haven't noticed soldats been getting easier per version so doing this will just kill the game, what do you think the motto "easy to learn hard to master" means?

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2012, 05:14:49 am »
noob talk
Wonder to see you faggot respawning in a cave near the spawnkiller with overpowered Spas... Would like to see how you "kill".

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2012, 08:20:33 am »
so you want to make it easier
yes

soldats been getting easier per version
no

so doing this will just kill the game
lol what

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #15 on: April 22, 2012, 09:46:18 am »
so you want to make it easier
yes

soldats been getting easier per version
no

so doing this will just kill the game
lol what
soldat has been getting easier or the players got worse
yea it will kill the game for competitive people if your so depressed about spawnkill,make a script and put it in your server like bonecrusher

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #16 on: April 22, 2012, 09:54:34 am »
yea it will kill the game for competitive people

could you explain why you think so? i've been playing this game competitively for six years and can't understand how this could kill the game.

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2012, 09:59:14 am »
yea it will kill the game for competitive people

could you explain why you think so? i've been playing this game competitively for six years and can't understand how this could kill the game.
no one cares about spawnkill it's about skill it's soldat bro a lot of people are already considering quitting cause the game got easier for noobs

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2012, 10:07:01 am »
yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.

fucks sake

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2012, 12:55:52 pm »
no one cares about spawnkill it's about skill it's soldat bro a lot of people are already considering quitting cause the game got easier for noobs
So, having 10 deaths per map by noobing spawnkillers with Spas (let's say it now - only noobs use Spas in real now cause it's overpowered details) helps people to stay with a game? A new option in SMF is needed like "Ignore topics/posts created by...

Players should be fucking able to shot and throw nades even their fucking ghost... And let they don't be undead for more than 1 second!

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2012, 04:15:10 pm »
I'm not sure how to resolve this.
Like I said in an earlier post: Currently you can throw knifes and drop weapons while you are invincible but that's it.
I'm nor sure how bad the situation really is but I was really bad for knife that's why it was fixed.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2012, 05:47:59 am »
I'm using an anticamp/spawn script on my servers and it does the job.

Im chill like that

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2012, 07:54:31 am »
Currently you can throw knifes and drop weapons while you are invincible but that's it.
I'm not sure what would  throwing the weapon away give me.
About knives, you should know that not everybody use it. In fact, there are 4 secondary weapons and it's not fair for about 75% of players. Let every SW be able to kill then. If you don't do that, players will have to repick a new SW what takes one life.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2012, 08:05:51 am »

i dislike the idea of limiting gameplay with scripts, hence the suggestion. spawn killing is a damn good strategy and so is camping too, people just have a tendency to start whining if things don't go the way they want. if the players thought about ways to beat the killer and improve themselves this wouldn't be a problem.

yesterday i checked how easy spawn killing actually is when it's all you're concentrating on; with the m79 the enemy has no chance to survive on certain maps. i can't think of any reasons why the time you cannot use a weapon shouldn't at least be shortened drastically.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2012, 08:39:28 am »

yesterday i checked how easy spawn killing actually is when it's all you're concentrating on; with the m79 the enemy has no chance to survive on certain maps. i can't think of any reasons why the time you cannot use a weapon shouldn't at least be shortened drastically.

You got a point there. I wonder if weapons like m79 and barret shouldn't be partially loaded when you spawn.
Maybe  like 20% loaded.

Also It may be just me but I often fail at throwing nades when I just re-spawned. Maybe I begin holding the nade button too early or something. But yeah, that doesn't help.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2012, 08:52:29 am »
well you missed my point, sort of, what i meant was that when the killer has the m79 the enemy has no chance as there's enough time to fully reload the m79 before the next spawn.

then again, picking either the barrett or the m79 while being spawn killed is pretty silly.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2012, 09:51:47 am »
The point is script im using cannot prevent spawnkilling from happening, but instead it punishes those who spawn/camp in an excessive way.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 09:55:34 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2012, 09:57:34 am »
yeah i understand, the camping script is pretty handy as staying at one place all the time is never useful. imo there's nothing wrong in excessive spawning but yet again it's the different points of view of a competitive player and public players who complain about the tiniest things instead of trying to make a change.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2012, 10:38:47 am »
Yea, I've introduced this script to my public servers after huge amount of whining about spawners/campers. And again you cant really compare 6v6 public server to a 3v3 cw, so it would be hard to develop something which will satisfy both public and private players.

Im chill like that

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2012, 01:07:42 pm »
Bonecrusher is it possible to remove the delay on your servers so people can shoot right after spawn? Then possibly experiment on how much invoulnebility time you need.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:13:55 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2012, 04:03:31 pm »
So, having 10 deaths per map by noobing spawnkillers with Spas (let's say it now - only noobs use Spas in real now cause it's overpowered details) helps people to stay with a game? A new option in SMF is needed like "Ignore topics/posts created by...

Players should be fucking able to shot and throw nades even their fucking ghost... And let they don't be undead for more than 1 second!
how do you get spawned 10 times that just shows lack of skill, seriously is it that hard to just pop up a law,knife or chainsaw?

Offline Kaze

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
  • Arc-En-CieL
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2012, 06:44:49 am »

how do you get spawned 10 times that just shows lack of skill, seriously is it that hard to just pop up a law,knife or chainsaw?

Keep in mind that most of the public players are sometimes really new and they won't be able to do shit versus some experienced players and that can be frustrating because they only want to have fun and i guess that doesnt looks so much fun :P

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #32 on: April 28, 2012, 01:49:20 pm »

Keep in mind that most of the public players are sometimes really new and they won't be able to do shit versus some experienced players and that can be frustrating because they only want to have fun and i guess that doesnt looks so much fun :P
so you want to change the whole game for beginners?
just make a script and apply it in your server like bonecrusher did

Offline Kaze

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
  • Arc-En-CieL
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2012, 06:16:07 pm »
No i didn't mean it that way , i meant it as in the players that you're calling low skills are probably new most of the times , I still remember when i was new to this game how hard it was to face off experienced public players ( or those coming from the competitive aspect of the game) , that's why i was just refering that they're not low skills but just new or players that dont play very often :P.

On another note , I'm way against the spawnkill script  i still remember i was in my base defending and i guess i killed 5 players mostly with four nades and some bullets and i got warned by the spawnkill script for spawnkilling even though i wasnt spawnkilling at all , and many other players whined about the same issue I've dealt with ! because this spawnkilling scripts counts the kills and not the place you are killing from :/

Offline Overkill

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2012, 04:18:16 am »
Lol this is dumb spawn killing, is only effective if you are killin 3 people by yourself otherwise if you are spawn killing one person,  than its a 2v2 on other side n quite fair. Unless you are playin pub's which i still dont get how  killing multiple people by yourself is bad. Also certain maps revolve around it like Dropdown, Voland, and Ash, Guardian for non flip flop cap after cap.

Maybe for DM you can implement it, but also if someone hasnt noticed this yet or if they are wondering you can switch your weapon n knife(n throw) or nade while still invincible. New players might find spawn killing intimidating, but spawnkilling is a numbers game more than someone rackin up kills cuz both teams are at a disadvantage just cause is 2 can get away which they should in most cases its an even match up if people are at same skill level. If they are not well i expect you are playing these people to get better, and you should do this by seeing where they place these nades or shoot their weapon to spawn kill you see what they are doing, and try not to get into this again.

Cause in every  competitive shooting game there is "spawn trapping" or "Spawn killing" Like Halo , CoD or  GearsofWar, etc. So changing it i feel will jus put a beginner like easy stamp on it idk don't like the way the game is getting less skillful. Cause if you spawn a team by yourself for 10secs by yourself that is a feat....and shouldnt be undermined.

Offline Kaze

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
  • Arc-En-CieL
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2012, 09:09:27 am »
Yeah he was refering to public servers not gathers/cws!

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2012, 05:13:38 pm »
who cares this is soldat if you get all heated from being spawnkilled just play with bots or zombies
SOLUTION SOLVED

Offline CheeSeMan.

• Flagrunner
  • WOOT SLIPPERY PICKLES
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2012, 07:50:38 pm »

On small maps that script kicks me even when im not spawnkilling... just kill too much too fast :)))))

I don't really see the problem with spawnkilling only for public... so if something is done make it an option :)
Banana Banging since summer 2008!     
cB. Cheeky Bananas                
#CheekyB.Soldat