Author Topic: Devlog update (2012-05-27) Refactoring/Cleanup More Bugfixes, Porting the server  (Read 3049 times)

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
Hi community!

This week we mainly worked on code cleanup/formatting and bugfixes.

The access violation with the /BANDWIDTH command and disabled fileserver (#212),
Textoutput with writeconsole in scripts was also fixed. You can now output lines with less than 2 chars (#214).
Another bugfix was the missing team player output in old scoreboard, the new scoreboard was working correctly already.
Then there was a bugfix for unregistered players who get a DirectX Graphics error in 1.6.3 when they try to run Soldat in fullscreen mode by using the Soldat clicker - when they open soldat:// links (#201).

The readme files got updated as well. As I read on the forums that EnEsCe stopped hosting Soldat servers this is why I removed the links from the readme files pointing to his soldat server hosting site.

Links to the Soldat scripting manual have been changed to point to our scripting wiki page. The reason is that we cannot update them on EnEsCes page and new functions which were adder are missing now.
If you notice missing functions in our scripting wiki page please add them.

I worked a bit on PolyWorks 2 but there is not really enough progress to write about it.

skoskav did a great job refactoring code.
He got rid of lots of copy paste code and formatted a lot of code as well! It was really nice to see Soldat getting cleaner!
He refactored code that has to do with weapons, thereby making it easier to one day possibly add new weapon mechanics, improve modability and adding new weapons. But we still have a long way to go :P

Since I didn't see any progress on the Lazarus/FPC server port I ported the remaining compression functions.
I Still have to test if everything works on Linux and Mac but it seems to run well on Windows.
Maybe we can switch to Lazarus/FPC for compiling Soldatserver for the next release ;)

I'll probably have less time for Soldat the next few weeks but I'll try to code when I find the time.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline As de Espada

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
you seem really happy :) soldat is really becoming better thanks to you guys
congratulations for the good work!
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
aight well done  I guess!

whats the progress on msac, maybe it annoys you, but im sure Mr said it would be done in 3 months but it's been 4/5 already.
Im sure alot of players would like to know right now.

good job so far though.

Offline duz

• Flagrunner
  • Old nick: HunterZ
2002-2007 / 2009-2012
HunterZ The Movie I / II / III
Awards

Offline Prodigyx

• Soldier
    • SoldatX Brasil
you seem really happy :) soldat is really becoming better thanks to you guys
congratulations for the good work!

I agree.
SoldatX - SX Brasil - www.soldatx.com

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
Next devlog: ctf_Chernobyl is officially back to Soldat's default map-pack (the renewal version).

Edit: by the way, since I've picked a modified color for skin, when I go between profiles the one with the modified color goes back to white for some reason.
Always thought there should be an option to change skin color in games along the rest out of the outfit. ;q
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:29:02 am by nosejj »