Author Topic: -Haywire- Soldat servers  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
-Haywire- Soldat servers
« on: June 11, 2012, 10:58:23 am »
As I'm only using a fraction of my computer's power and network speed, and because Soldat is awesome, I've decided to open a few servers...

Note: Minigun is disabled on all servers until a proper weapon limiter is made.

Server links:
All servers are in the lobby.

Location: Earth, Sweden, Stockholm, huge creepy underground basement with lava flowing on the sides of the walls, etc.
Connection UP: 10 Mbit/s.
Connection DOWN: 100 Mbit/s.

-Haywire- [CTF]:
Game type: Capture The Flag.
Player limit: 10 + 6*.
Capture/time limit: 8/12 min.
Maps: ctf_Nuubia, ctf_Cobra, ctf_Dropdown, ctf_Division, ctf_Wretch, ctf_Laos, ctf_Steel, ctf_Ash.
Scripts: Help/rules, team balancer, join queue, cap/kill ratio, feedback.
Admins: Fryer (me), Bonecrusher, Bungle, Fexxy.

*The actual player limit is set to 16, but only 10 players can play. Players joining after this limit will be sent to the spectator join queue. This is to prevent the need to bash the "request game" button a million times, and so that the player who joins first gets to play first.

-Haywire- [Logo]:
Game type: Deathmatch.
Player limit: 8.
Kill/time limit: 250/60 min.
Map: HaywireLogo.
Scripts: None yet.
Admins: Fryer (me).

This server is for whoever wants to play around on the logo at the top of the topic or if you just want the map. :)

Have fun playing, and if you experience any problems, type "!admin" in the server or PM me here on Soldat forums.

If you like the servers, consider joining #Fryer at Quakenet IRC. Stuff will appear there soon.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:26:04 pm by Fryer »
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
Re: -Haywire- Soldat servers
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 12:31:02 pm »
Good luck mate, always good to have a variety of servers to pick from :)

Im chill like that

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 09:10:45 am »
That's cool, Fryer! Good luck with it... Hope ppl gonna visit you.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 08:05:41 am by machina »

Offline Illuminatus

• Camper
  • ...soldat-freak since 2004...
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 03:07:11 pm »
Me likey.
No difference between man and mouse - both end up in pussy.

Offline yayfrog

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 05:12:18 am »
I think you forgot to add not just because Soldat is awesome but because your awesome.
I eventually I'll dedicate some computers to Soldat and Kag but I'm not awesome enough yet.

Also and a bit off topic what exactly do you mean by weapon limiter and why is that needed?
I've never seen that being talked about before and I like my mini how else an I supposed to annoy snipers?

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 05:13:46 am »
I think he was talking about limit barret on the servers as its kinda overused on public servers.

Im chill like that

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 12:25:15 pm »
Also and a bit off topic what exactly do you mean by weapon limiter and why is that needed?
I've never seen that being talked about before and I like my mini how else an I supposed to annoy snipers?
By weapon limiting I mean limiting the amount of players being able to choose Minigun to 1 per team, and limiting the amount of overused weapons (read Barrett) depending on how many players there are in the server. If nobody else in your team uses Minigun you could then freely choose it as your weapon. :)

NEW server script: Feedback. Write "/comment <yourcomment>" in-game to use it. Currently only works on [CTF].
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline yayfrog

• Major(1)
« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2012, 07:37:15 pm »
Right of course I remember a server that used to do that years ago.
I think it can be useful sometimes.