Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Scientists Find Evidence That Proves God Exists!?!!?!!!!  (Read 18420 times)

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Kaze

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
  • Arc-En-CieL
Don't lash out your anger on me but when i see those kind of topic , I'm like How can they bother arguing so much and writing essays when most people don't even bother reading it or just want to express their point..

Well those were my 2 cents :D

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
Don't lash out your anger on me but when i see those kind of topic , I'm like How can they bother arguing so much and writing essays when most people don't even bother reading it or just want to express their point..

tldr
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline Sh07gaN

• Soldier

:D

Well, you can end this debate with a short mathematical example

Lets say x is a proof that god exists and y is a proof that god doenst exist.
set x=1
set y=-1

and lets say, c is the value of this debate and this c is the summary of x and y
c=x+y
c=1+(-1)=0

the value of this debate is equal 0

« Last Edit: June 23, 2012, 12:21:53 pm by Sh07gaN »

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?

Hah, didn't know that Natan is know somewhere else than in Poland. I spoke to him on his convent and his a cool guy :P

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong

You do realise I can spew out a page of text in the space of maybe 10 minutes? People accustomed to typing can churn out a paragraph in under a minute.

Your two cents have no buying power here.

Well, you can end this debate with a short mathematical example

Lets say x is a proof that god exists and y is a proof that god doenst exist.
set x=1
set y=-1

and lets say, c is the value of this debate and this c is the summary of x and y
c=x+y
c=1+(-1)=0

the value of this debate is equal 0

You so clever! :D
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
Threads like this serve a great purpose. If we can't discuss core beliefs with different minded people then why live in society at all? The internet is an amazing machine that lets us communicate with millions of people and thousands of viewpoints. Why not take every advantage and find every single view on life possible. Neither party has to radically change their way of thinking but all parties can understand each others way of thinking a little more at least. My two cents.
@ii

Offline Sh07gaN

• Soldier
Threads like this serve a great purpose. If we can't discuss core beliefs with different minded people then why live in society at all? The internet is an amazing machine that lets us communicate with millions of people and thousands of viewpoints. Why not take every advantage and find every single view on life possible. Neither party has to radically change their way of thinking but all parties can understand each others way of thinking a little more at least. My two cents.
Actually, discussing without any facts is useless. Both sides present their arguments on the level of "belief" and don't deliver any proof of the existence or non-existence of an omnipotent being. Atheists and theists are very stubborn on this topic.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
wouldnt it make you wonder if the world was functioning according to the rules of a belief that 500 years ago there were living gnomes that are masters of the universe and they told the people how to live and to praise them but decided never to give a material proof of their existance because its just about the belief. The rules of the gnomes forbid you from eating cookies every second day, having sex naked or eating plants, while you're ought to go to gnome statuettes each morning and pay money to human representatives of the gnome church to praise their name.

fuck that, i'd want to eat cookies everyday and social standards and pressure on this matter would annoy me, just as much as it's annoying regarding any dominant religion nowadays
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline Sh07gaN

• Soldier
wouldnt it make you wonder if the world was functioning according to the rules of a belief that 500 years ago there were living gnomes that are masters of the universe and they told the people how to live and to praise them but decided never to give a material proof of their existance because its just about the belief. The rules of the gnomes forbid you from eating cookies every second day, having sex naked or eating plants, while you're ought to go to gnome statuettes each morning and pay money to human representatives of the gnome church to praise their name.

fuck that, i'd want to eat cookies everyday and social standards and pressure on this matter would annoy me, just as much as it's annoying regarding any dominant religion nowadays
I totally agree with you. But in my opinion the social structures of religions is another topic which is highly debatable and it should be on debate. But the matter of this discussion is the existence or non-existence of an omnipotent being. Its common, that these questions like "social structures" and "hierachies" of a religion drafts out the discussion of the main topic. :D

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong

Graham, I couldn't have said this better myself!

Actually, discussing without any facts is useless. Both sides present their arguments on the level of "belief" and don't deliver any proof of the existence or non-existence of an omnipotent being. Atheists and theists are very stubborn on this topic.

Werewolves.

Cookies are dope.

I totally agree with you. But in my opinion the social structures of religions is another topic which is highly debatable and it should be on debate. But the matter of this discussion is the existence or non-existence of an omnipotent being. Its common, that these questions like "social structures" and "hierachies" of a religion drafts out the discussion of the main topic. :D

Lets debate it then. Go on.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner

true that, i think the discussion whether god exists is logically unsolvable, just as any strictly philosophical (abstractional) problem. But the discussion whether people should believe or live according to religions seems valid. This brings me to the main problem i have with such beliefs: even if someone doesn't share the beliefs of popular religions (because it seems obvious that they are untrue) then they can't follow any higher being, simply because they don't know it (unless they claim they spoke to it). There is no reason to follow any religious rules because even if there was a "god", or however you call it, you pretty much can't know how it's functioning, or furthermore, what does it expect from you (assuming it does at all)
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline Sh07gaN

• Soldier

Werewolves.

Darkmatter, Darkenergy

3/10

Offline iDante

• Veteran
Darkmatter, Darkenergy
You think that dark matter and dark energy are on the same level as werewolves?

Offline Sh07gaN

• Soldier
Darkmatter, Darkenergy
If you cant see the irony in my post... then I cant help you ^^
You guys call yourselves the "Soldat Forum's Intellectual Elite" but for me you guys seem to be bunch of wannabe "smartguys" who fail at trolling ;D. I'm out.

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
Darkmatter, Darkenergy
You guys call yourselves the "Soldat Forum's Intellectual Elite" but for me you guys seem to be bunch of wannabe "smartguys" who fail at trolling ;D. I'm out.

looks like someone got his argument refuted
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong

Why don't you explain the way in which your post was ironic? Go on.

Offline iDante

• Veteran
That's not very nice...

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
what irony seriously you fucking said two words and then write 3/10 as if you own the discussion

I'm glad you're out
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline ginn

• Camper
Isn't non-existence evidence of not existing?

edit: the stupidity in this thread makes my head hurt.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 04:38:12 am by ginn »