Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Scientists Find Evidence That Proves God Exists!?!!?!!!!  (Read 20570 times)

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Narrow minded? Because I bash religion and human mythology?

Exactly. You bash other people's beliefs based on your own beliefs. A pot and a kettle or whatever.

You greatly show disrespect to other people's views which you can't share for being superior to them(which you aren't afraid to show either, after all you're rational!), regardless if their beliefs make them actually happy.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 02:10:07 pm by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Kazuki

• Global Moderator
  • Camper
  • European Wonder
Sweet Gandhi's tits! I decide to return to the good ol' Soldat forums after what may have been years, and the top thread is Mangled's troll-eism? This can't be a good sign.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Sweet Gandhi's tits! I decide to return to the good ol' Soldat forums after what may have been years, and the top thread is Mangled's troll-eism? This can't be a good sign.

Eh Mangled's keeping this place alive. This is the first active thread in a while.
There are other worlds than these

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.

Eh Mangled's keeping this place alive. This is the first active thread in a while.

yeah no shit like seriously what the fuck happened

This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?
Nothing would be alive without the God! :'(

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Isn't non-existence evidence of not existing?

edit: the stupidity in this thread makes my head hurt.

Yes. Werewolves.

Exactly. You bash other people's beliefs based on your own beliefs. A pot and a kettle or whatever.

You greatly show disrespect to other people's views which you can't share for being superior to them(which you aren't afraid to show either, after all you're rational!), regardless if their beliefs make them actually happy.

Why should I respect other people's views? People are morons. I should respect the beliefs of people who don't believe in evolution? People who believe the Earth is 6000 years old? People who believe in the afterlife? How can I respect anybody who ignores reality in favour of fantasy? They don't believe in global warming but they believe in heaven cause it means they get to live forever. Fantastic. Well done.

It makes them happy? No, it makes them complacent and stupid and ignorant and intolerant and bigoted and irrational and arrogant. Respecting their beliefs would just be patronising in my eyes. I am doing the only decent thing by being honest with them.

I think I should be admin. Can I have my own section?

Exactly! Where would Soldatforums be without me?

I am like the bone marrow that keeps you alive and you don't even teach your kids about me.

Nothing would be alive without the God! :'(

Boy, I am the closest thing to a God you will ever get a response from. Enjoy it.

"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline ginn

• Camper

Yes. Werewolves.
So... there isn't an absence of evidence anymore?

Besides, you do realize that the universe may be infinite? which would mean warewolfs do exist somewhere.
However, comparing a physical being with a spiritual being is pretty bad to begin with.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 05:53:20 am by ginn »

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Besides, you do realize that the universe may be infinite? which would mean warewolfs do exist somewhere.
However, comparing a physical being with a spiritual being is pretty bad to begin with.

As clearly stated on multiple occasions, the nature of non-existent things means there is no evidence that can either prove or disprove them. As only existent things can impact reality in a tangible way that provides evidence.

The universe may be infinite. But you have made a poorly conceived assumption that infinity means that something of any certainty can occur. Werewolves, by our definition, are humans that can shape-shift into a wolf-like form during a full moon. They are purely a product of human mythology along with god, ghosts, vampires, fairys, angels etc.

Note the fact that the majority of mythical creatures are anthropomorphic, including most depictions of God.

That's a pretty sure-fire indication that they are merely products of human imagination.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline STM1993

• Rainbow Warrior
  • It's been a long time.
If no evidence can be found, the suspect is assumed to be innocent.

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
If everything unknowable is not to be believed, then you'll have no explanation for how you exist. A universe without any god is as unknowable as a universe with one. Why should one be favored over the other? Perhaps you're sick of missionaries knocking on your door. Perhaps you're sick of the Salvation Army too.

As explained in Pascal's Wager, even if there is no afterlife, one who dedicates themselves to Gods will(imaginary or not) will be satisfied when they look back on their lives, and if there is an afterlife, well, then there's more pleasure to come.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 01:59:48 pm by Tehbugerz0r »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
If everything unknowable is not to be believed, then you'll have no explanation for how you exist.

how is it wrong to admit that you don't know instead of lying to yourself

As explained in Pascal's Wager, even if there is no afterlife, one who dedicates themselves to Gods will(imaginary or not) will be satisfied when they look back on their lives, and if there is an afterlife, well, then there's more pleasure to come.

thats pretty cowardly and ignorant, not to mention it's a waste of time and money

if there really was a god thats an infinitely intelligent higher being  i think it would appreciate me being rational instead of playing a blind sheep (assuming it gives a crap about my existance at all)
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 02:24:14 am by Mittsu »
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

DarkCrusade

Does your bible say "Hijack a plane and fly it into a building!", too?

The thing is that people assume to know what their god wants them to do or to think. But the nature of a god is that you cannot understand the reasoning behind his actions, for he is the highest being in the universe. A comparison:

Humanity <--> God

Mentally crippled people <--> Steven Hawking

It is only a waste of time and money if it is in vain, but it actually helps people. If you do not believe in that, believe in science or whatever you want to believe in. What scientists love to clarify as straight facts gets often enough falsified in the future.

Offline ginn

• Camper

As clearly stated on multiple occasions, the nature of non-existent things means there is no evidence that can either prove or disprove them. As only existent things can impact reality in a tangible way that provides evidence.

The universe may be infinite. But you have made a poorly conceived assumption that infinity means that something of any certainty can occur. Werewolves, by our definition, are humans that can shape-shift into a wolf-like form during a full moon. They are purely a product of human mythology along with god, ghosts, vampires, fairys, angels etc.

Note the fact that the majority of mythical creatures are anthropomorphic, including most depictions of God.

That's a pretty sure-fire indication that they are merely products of human imagination.
You're underestimating the value of infinite. We do not know if there are other gravitational rules far away from us, or a ton of other elements.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
If no evidence can be found, the suspect is assumed to be innocent.

Werewolves.

If everything unknowable is not to be believed, then you'll have no explanation for how you exist. A universe without any god is as unknowable as a universe with one. Why should one be favored over the other? Perhaps you're sick of missionaries knocking on your door. Perhaps you're sick of the Salvation Army too.

Oh no, you're one of them, aren't you. Well, you get the special treatment on this one!

Who defines what is unknowable? - Mostly religious people.
Who then argues that only religion can answer the said unknowable? - Always religious people.
Who is actually out there looking at evidence and testing ideas in order to find out the truth? - Never religious people.

Now I suggest you read that last part over and over until you understand it. The universe is knowable, and we know it through science. Not through mythology and fairy tales used to justify attrocities thousands of years ago. Just how primative are you?

Also, missionaries are amongst some of the most disgusting humans that walk the earth. It's charity work with an ideological agenda. You should see some of them at work in Africa advocating that people with AIDS shouldn't use condoms because it's a sin and denying medical care to anyone who doesn't convert.

The Salvation Army are okay, but they're pretty self-righteous. What ever happened to helping people because you want to? Not because you're religiously motivated to do so.

Oh boy, where did you hear about Pascal's Wager? In Church? The fact that you're using it as an argument just asserts that you really aren't capable of critical thinking. I'm not even going to bother explaining as it would be an insult to my intelligence.

You're underestimating the value of infinite. We do not know if there are other gravitational rules far away from us, or a ton of other elements.

No I am not. You are basically saying that the possibility of an infinite universe means that your conjecture is valid. Your conjecture is not valid.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 09:39:56 am by Mangled* »

Offline ginn

• Camper
we do not know if the atoms in another part of the universe is built up in the same way or not. Infinite means that everything that is possible (not restricted to our scientific laws) has or will happen.
So ruling out the existence of warewolfs is very arrogant.

Your base argument provides evidence of non-existence, while it at the same time says that for something to not exist, there cannot be any evidence of it, Making it a paradox.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Your conjecture is still conjecture.

I could just as well use your same conjecture to argue that there are moons elsewhere in the universe that are made of cheese.

It's not only conjecture, but it's baseless conjecture that only serves to propose a counter-argument to an argument that is grounded in fact.

This is why it's invalid.

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
Pff, censorship advocates... Gotta hate them.

Offline Clawbug

• Veteran
  • 1184!
Why should I respect other people's views?
First of all, it is polite to do so. It is also often a requirement for a meaningful, constructive discussion and very useful in our day-to-day commuication.

People are morons.
All people? You? All the other people? Certain people? Who? For what reason?

I should respect the beliefs of people who don't believe in evolution? People who believe the Earth is 6000 years old? People who believe in the afterlife?
Yes, at least to the extent that the lack of respect isn't visible. What is there to prove that afterlife doesn't exist?

How can I respect anybody who ignores reality in favour of fantasy?

First I talk about respecting views of other people. Then, you proceed to talking about respecting the other people in general. Fantastic. Well done. Why should one not respect someone who would ignore reality in favor of fantasy if they feel happier that way? Or even why should one not respect such view/belief?

It makes them happy?
Not necessarily, but in many cases it does.  In case you're actually interested in challenging your own ignorant mind, you might want to take even a peek at for example here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_and_happiness

I'll leave it for you to learn about the subject. Shouldn't be too hard task, if you're genuinely interested rather than just boasting your own self-centric beliefs. Remember, being self-critical towards one's own beliefs is one of the most important traits people can have in pursue for truth, evidence and reality. Are you capable of questioning you views and beliefs? Are you capable of admitting being wrong if proven so? Are you capable of changing your views based on facts contradcting with your own beliefs?

No, it makes them complacent and stupid and ignorant and intolerant and bigoted and irrational and arrogant.

First, this doesn't exclude happiness. Second, these are just your own disrespectful, generalized beliefs about people you don't even know. Third, considering your attitude towards other people based on what they believe in, I'd personally consider you as being quite fitting to the list of adjectives you just mentioned. Or can you honestly not see your high-horse elitist attitude towards certain kind of people who you don't even know? How is this not 1) ignorant 2) arrogant 3) intolerant 4) stupid?

Respecting their beliefs would just be patronising in my eyes. I am doing the only decent thing by being honest with them.
If you consider outright insults and disrespectful behavior "the only decent thing" and "being honest" then I'm afraid it only speaks of your ability to tolerate difference, different views and opinions. How do you make friends with people? Heck, how does one with such attitue even get along with different people?
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 11:02:49 am by Clawbug »
Fight! Win! Prevail!

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity

Yea, the problem with induction sure is invalid. While were at it, so is the problem of knowledge

And not to just pick on mangled here so:

Infinite means that everything that is possible (not restricted to our scientific laws) has or will happen.

Is also completely wrong.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2012, 12:47:37 pm by Smegma »

Offline ginn

• Camper
Infinite means that everything that is possible (not restricted to our scientific laws) has or will happen.
Is also completely wrong.
it is not, unless you mean the definition of "infinite". Then yes, that is a completely wrong definition of the word Infinite.
In 1 second all possibilities for that second have happened. Infinity means there's no end, which also means that there are infinite copies of our galaxy (etc).

Your conjecture is still conjecture.

I could just as well use your same conjecture to argue that there are moons elsewhere in the universe that are made of cheese.

It's not only conjecture, but it's baseless conjecture that only serves to propose a counter-argument to an argument that is grounded in fact.

Not entirely sure what you're trying to say.

As we do not know if the universe is inifinite, and there is no way of telling if it is infinite if it actually is infinite.
Does this mean that the size of the universe doesn't exist? We cannot prove that it is infinite, nor can we prove that it isn't infinite (if the case is that it actually is infinite).

How is warewofls doesn't exist fact? It is a fact that they do not exist here, but that doesn't rule out their existence elsewhere.

Without conjunctures there would be no science.

1 - There's no evidence that they do exist.
2 - There's no evidence that they don't exist.
later on you say this:

Yes. Werewolves.
Meaning, you've created evidence to prove that something does not exist. However, now there is evidence, that the said thing doesn't exist. So, it no longer fits into your formula to rule out that something does not exist.
Therefore, it's a paradox.