Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS: Scientists Find Evidence That Proves God Exists!?!!?!!!!  (Read 18202 times)

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Don't be stupid. Of course they didn't.

Cause there's no such thing.

You see, all things that don't exist have two things in common...

1 - There's no evidence that they do exist.
2 - There's no evidence that they don't exist.

Can you prove that Warewolves don't exist?

Take a moment to think if you can prove they don't.

You can't.

It's a logical impossibility.

Log-ic

Noun

• the science that investigates the principles governing correct or reliable inference.
  • a particular method of reasoning or argumentation: We were unable to follow his logic.
  • the system or principles of reasoning applicable to any branch of knowledge or study.
  • reason or sound judgment, as in utterances or actions: There wasn't much logic in her move.
  • convincing forcefulness; inexorable truth or persuasiveness: the irresistible logic of the facts.

God (or Gods) share those two aspects in common with Warewolves.

Neither are provable
Nor disprovable

It is the nature of non-existent things.

Are you religious?
Why are you?

[Adult Swim]

[VGH] Hi.

This has been a Team Reality presentation.
[/i]
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:00:48 pm by Mangled* »
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
If I define a circle to be inside of me, I am outside of it.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
I love you, Mangled. You should come 'round more.
There are other worlds than these

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
Take into account that it is scientifically proven: Any system of axioms is either incomplete or inconsistent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_incompleteness_theorems

13th_account

Hmm... just because gods can't be proved nor disproved doesn't mean that they don't exist. The answer is unknowable. If you believe that they don't exist then you're just as presumptuous as those who say that they do.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
If I define a circle to be inside of me, I am outside of it.

You are intersecting.

I love you, Mangled. You should come 'round more.

<3

Take into account that it is scientifically proven: Any system of axioms is either incomplete or inconsistent.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G%C3%B6del%27s_incompleteness_theorems

Yes.

Hmm... just because gods can't be proved nor disproved doesn't mean that they don't exist. The answer is unknowable. If you believe that they don't exist then you're just as presumptuous as those who say that they do.

Yes. It is unknowable. Therefore shouldn't be believed or even considered. For sake of efficiency.
"There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses." - Ezekiel 23:20

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
  • The world isn't nice. Why should I be...?

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Cool story bro.

13th_account

Yes. It is unknowable. Therefore shouldn't be believed or even considered. For sake of efficiency.

You want to do away with theism for the wrong reasons then. It's a pretty rude and close-minded argument to say that it shouldn't be considered just because it's unknowable. It's still an interesting topic and everyone is free to play around with the thought, just like what goes on inside black holes, what caused the Big Bang and whether FTL-travel is possible.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 01:31:41 pm by 13th_account »

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
STFU ASSHOLE GOD EXISTS YOU IDIOT
</average internet user impression>

Offline Fryer

• Camper
  • Game dev
I'll stop considering it if you define and prove the need for efficiency in a way that seems reasonable to me.

On another note, the spacing in your topic post seems rather inefficient...
...PC vs Mac is like AK47 vs M4A1...
<DutchFlame`> i once heard running runescape in the background gave you a speedboost
<Mr> yes, it allocates more electrons, so there are more electrons available for Soldat -> they are streched less and it is more fluent

Soldat PolyWorks 1.5.0.13 - AimMode - Aim practise gamemode script - Fryer's SoldatStream Mod

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
People who are already religious will likely not turn to atheism/agnosticism when given scientific evidence that god exists--they're not going to want to give up the person (imaginary friend, or what have you) they look to for help and consolation.
There are other worlds than these

Offline ds dude

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
  • Lolicon Forever.
Missed you Mangled*
This signature was borked. Now it is not.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Meh, it's not an exploit to prove you shouldn't believe in God because he doesn't exist... Proving that you shouldn't believe in him even he exists is quite more fun.

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
You want to do away with theism for the wrong reasons then. It's a pretty rude and close-minded argument to say that it shouldn't be considered just because it's unknowable. It's still an interesting topic and everyone is free to play around with the thought, just like what goes on inside black holes, what caused the Big Bang and whether FTL-travel is possible.

Ohhh boy here it goes.

First to tackle your emboldened words:

Rude? It's rude to dismiss theism? Is it rude to dismiss warewolfs? Why does religion get this special exception where any word said against it is mean and nasty? It's legitimate criticism. Religious people are just like these imbeciles who call critics 'haters' because they simply can't take criticism. They have to dismiss it as being hateful.

Close-minded?
Religious people are by definition THE most closed minded people in existance. Their standards of perception are set permanently at 'insanity'. That's a huge generalization, I admit, but overall I would define someone unwilling to change their ideas and opinion regardless of how much reality conflicts with them as being batshit insane.

Closed mindedness = Belief no matter what. Not cynicism or skepticism or ridicule.

Mythology is an interesting topic. But debating theism isn't. Theism loses hands down every time because it's inflated wishful thinking that doesn't align with reality the slightest bit. Big sky daddy gon forgive me? ;D

Just an FYI I want to get rid of theism for many reasons, not just because it's stupid.

I'll stop considering it if you define and prove the need for efficiency in a way that seems reasonable to me.

On another note, the spacing in your topic post seems rather inefficient...

1 - Warewolf example already given. Is it efficient to consider that any concievable non-existant being could exist? No it's not. It's most efficient to presume unless there is any evidence that none of them exist. No exceptions. Especially mythical men who look like santa-clause and are proclaimed by poorly educated people to have created the universe.

2 - It's called dramatic pacing.

People who are already religious will likely not turn to atheism/agnosticism when given scientific evidence that god exists--they're not going to want to give up the person (imaginary friend, or what have you) they look to for help and consolation.

It depends how intelligent they are really. Intelligent people tend to think, reason and question things. I know quite a few people who were previously religious but are now non-religious, and they are all very intelligent and well-educated people.

This is the same reason the Al-Qaeda goes around blowing up schools in the middle-east that teach sciences and the same reason why backwards states in the US are trying to teach creationism in schools as an 'alternative' to evolution.

Deny people a proper education and they are numbskulls and will buy into whatever bullshit is most appealing or most socially acceptable.

http://www.everystudent.com/features/isthere.html

That's a nausiating read.

See: Anthropic Principal

Missed you Mangled*

13th_account

Rude? It's rude to dismiss theism? Is it rude to dismiss warewolfs? Why does religion get this special exception where any word said against it is mean and nasty? It's legitimate criticism. Religious people are just like these imbeciles who call critics 'haters' because they simply can't take criticism. They have to dismiss it as being hateful.

Close-minded?
Religious people are by definition THE most closed minded people in existance. Their standards of perception are set permanently at 'insanity'. That's a huge generalization, I admit, but overall I would define someone unwilling to change their ideas and opinion regardless of how much reality conflicts with them as being batshit insane.

Closed mindedness = Belief no matter what. Not cynicism or skepticism or ridicule.

I wasn't defending only theism, but rather the general case where everything that's unknowable shouldn't be expunged from our minds, never to be discussed or thought of again. So yes, I do find it close-minded to dismiss werewolves, provided that there isn't evidence to dismiss them.

I used the word rude because you seemed to want to change theists from one belief to another.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 11:35:47 am by 13th_account »

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
I wasn't defending only theism, but rather the general case where everything that's unknowable shouldn't be expunged from our minds, never to be discussed or thought of again. So yes, I do find it close-minded to dismiss werewolves, provided that there isn't evidence to dismiss them.

I used the word rude because you seemed to want to change theists from one belief to another.

But theism does not endeavour to discover and find answers. I care very much for philosophical and scientific ideas that embark on exploring the yet-to-be understood. Nothing is unknowable though... Sure, there are limits on our capacity to understand, but they move all the time.

As for wanting to change theists... I'm something of an idealist. I'm never content with my level of knowledge or understanding... I'm constantly learning, constantly reading scientific articles, philosophical arguments and ideas. It's all very fascinating to me. My 'beef' with these religious people is they are perfectly happy understanding nothing. I want them to question their beliefs and I feel ridiculing them is a perfectly acceptable way of going about this. If I can make just one religious person feel like they are stupid for what they believe in then I've done my job.

As a species we cannot move forward and better life for everyone and everything until we expunge ignorance from the face of the planet. Then the real stuff begins. The real breakthroughs where nobody is holding anybody else back and nobody is ignorant of the facts around them. Ignorance is pretty much the cause of all the problems in the world. War, disease, starvation, pollution, over-population.

Offline machina

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Veteran
Wasn't quoted as the only one! Feel so sad... :(

Offline Mangled*

• Flagrunner
  • Never Wrong
Wasn't quoted as the only one! Feel so sad... :(

Cheer up, duck.