Author Topic: Lets get this straight......  (Read 3793 times)

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
Lets get this straight......
« on: August 21, 2006, 01:29:50 pm »
Ok this bugs me that people can't seem to understand the difference between a clip and a magazine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clip_%28ammunition%29 < this is what a clip is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magazine_%28firearm%29 < this is a magazine.

STOP ASKING ME FOR CLIPS WHEN I DONT HAVE ANY!

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
Re: Lets get this straight......
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 01:49:20 pm »
The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.
Plan B is don't fail. - Smegma
I hate emotions.

Offline Wraithlike

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • The Ichthyologist
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 01:56:20 pm »
People just say clip because it's 4 letters and two syllables shorter.

Offline Eagles_Arrows

• Veteran
  • The Thread Killer
    • My Webcomic
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2006, 01:58:36 pm »
What about "mag?"  Hmm?!

"Sometimes it's a good day to die, sometimes it's a good day to have breakfast." - Smoke Signals

Offline Brock

• Flagrunner
  • [GG]StrykeR
    • Gunner Guards Clansite
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2006, 02:04:49 pm »
Brock is confuzzled now, dammit. :-\
"What is the Matrix? Control. The Matrix is a
computer-generated dream world built to keep us
under control in order to - wait, what?"

Offline Graham

• Veteran
  • Southern
    • - uh oh -
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2006, 02:09:59 pm »
Clip is a bunch of bullets grouped together to put inside a magazine... brock is now not confuzed...
@ii

Offline Iridescent

• Soldier
  • Also known as Eoi
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2006, 02:15:34 pm »
Clip is easier to say. Mag is horrible.
Why not?
I need ammo?
Thats what I'd actually say. Even though its longer, but it makes perfect sense and can be used with any type of gun.
No animated signatures
Rememer that people

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
  • That's just a way to break a unity
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2006, 02:17:09 pm »
The problem is your focusing on the things in life that don't really matter. When I was a kid I had hopes and dreams. We all did. But over time, the daily grind gets in the way and you miss the things that really matter, even though they are right in front of you, staring you in the face. I think the next time you should ask yourself "Am I on the right track here?". I don't mean to be rude but people like you I really pity. So maybe you could use the few brain cells you have and take advantage of the knowledge I have given you now. Good luck.

What ever happen to the "live and let live" attitude?

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2006, 03:15:51 pm »

Are you serious ?

I think you are. I think you need to use your brain more often.
I hate emotions.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2006, 06:06:01 pm »

Are you serious ?

Well your last little article, you stated life was about experiences and how the only mattered to you. Maybe this is how he gets his kicks. Either you need to learn how to express your views with more precision or you need to use *your* brain more often.

Offline CardBoardWarrior

• Soldier
  • "The best secondary is a primary"
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2006, 06:07:29 pm »
Thank you for this information.

Offline FliesLikeABrick

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
    • Ultimate 13 Soldat
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2006, 06:34:09 pm »
Clip is a bunch of bullets grouped together to put inside a magazine... brock is now not confuzed...

clips don't go in magazines.  magazines are used to hold individual bullets, whereas clips are used on their own

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2006, 06:39:43 pm »
No clips load bullets into rifle magazines in groups. You place the clip over the rifle, then you press any finger on the top bullet, sliding the bullets into the magazine. Flies, your probably thinking of the m1 garands En bloc clip.

Where's peemonkey...he'll explain this easier....ithink

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2006, 07:13:36 pm »

Are you serious ?

Well your last little article, you stated life was about experiences and how the only mattered to you. Maybe this is how he gets his kicks. Either you need to learn how to express your views with more precision or you need to use *your* brain more often.

Well first of all I didn't write the "The problem is your focusing...". Second of all, have you noticed how random that paragraph is ? Which leads to conclusion that I wasn't being serious. Average person would've caught it, so you need to get off my ass and use your brain. :-*
I hate emotions.

Offline Smegma

• Inactive Staff
  • Soldier
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2006, 07:16:03 pm »
Second of all, have you noticed how random that paragraph is

That paragraph is random?

Offline peemonkey

• Soldier
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2006, 08:18:17 pm »
peemonkey's here:
common usage has made the word "clip" the same as "magazine". Sorry, but this is pretty much how it's gotten. Most people I deal with don't say "clip" when they mean "stripper clip"(proper usage), they're talking about "magazines". "magazines" are always "magazines" though.
SKS uses a stripper clip to load up it's magazine.
AKM uses magazines that can be loaded singally by hand, or with 10 round stripper clips.

It doesn't really matter too much as long as you remember to call it a stripper clip, other than that, everything's a magazine.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2006, 10:33:54 pm by peemonkey »

Offline Dascoo

• Soldier
  • banned from the forums
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2006, 08:27:08 pm »
But it isn't a magazine! A clip loads the bullets into the magazine!

UnReQuitLo
ɹǝƃuɐɥɔɹǝƃıu

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2006, 08:44:14 pm »
http://www.everything2.com/index.pl?node_id=1323705

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

explains exactly what a magazine and a clip is and compares them.
god, it was the first google search result
There are other worlds than these

Offline SDFilm

• Inactive Staff
  • Veteran
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2006, 10:02:50 pm »
im currently using the steyr as my main machine gun, i like to use weapons that aren't used as much to try and get others to use them.

but not the minigun lol.

Anyway, I voted for the AUG. And if this is supposed to be a poll between the two guns then why is there a "neither" option? I assume people should pick the one they dislike the least if they aren't very fond of either gun.

I remember that, where was it originaly?

Burning scarfs since 1988

Offline karmazon

• Major
  • Impossible is a dare.
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2006, 10:34:15 pm »

That paragraph is random?

I remember that, where was it originaly?

bb.com
That thing talks about hopes and dreams and being on the right track. Any retard would be able to notice it is out of place.

I hate emotions.