Author Topic: maps for a new game mode  (Read 3536 times)

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
maps for a new game mode
« on: May 25, 2012, 01:56:06 pm »
Hello all,

I need some custom maps for this new game mode I made, but I'm a terrible map maker.  It's called "Territorial Take Over" (TTO) and is similar to domination, except there are multiple territories per map, territories indicate which team owns them, and scoring is also different.  I have uploaded 3 maps that I modified from existing maps.  If you're interested, you can read on for some of the map-requirements and suggestions.  I would prefer original maps.  Let me know if there's any other information you may need.

Explanation of the game mode:
  • Capturing:  Alpha vs Bravo (technically CTF to the server).  A player enters a territory and has to be inside it for 6 seconds or so to capture it.  If it belongs to the enemy, the territory must first be neutralized (also 6 seconds) and then captured.  A territory cannot be captured or neutralized if any enemy is inside.  A territory has an indicator nearby to show which team owns the territory.
  • Scoring:  If Alpha has 4 territories and Bravo has 2, Alpha gains 2 point per second (because 4 - 2 = 2).  Then, if the score is A=0 B=50, Bravo will first lose 2 points per second until the score is 0-0, and then Alpha starts gaining points (tug-of-war-like).  First team to 100 wins.
  • Maps have no medpacks, but rather players gain health slowly while inside their own captured base

Map requirements:
  • Each territory needs to be intuitive and easily recognizable as a territory.  If you want, you may even mark the bases to make them more obvious.
  • Each territory needs to have a nearby indicator.  Look at the images below to understand this.  Also attached are two prefabs for this.
  • While the attached tto_Dusk and tto_Erbium have scattered spawn points, it is highly recommended to make the spawn area more left vs right style (like all ctf maps).  The difficulty in this is to prevent the trenchwar-like clash in the center of the map.  To get around this, the map needs to be a bit more non-linear by having many paths to various locations.
  • Territories should be balanced.  If there is a territory close to Alpha's spawn point, there needs to be one similarly easily accessible to Bravo spawn area (see tto_Ash).

Indicator1:

Indicator2:

If you could help me out with this, I would much appreciate it very much  :)
« Last Edit: June 03, 2012, 05:31:56 pm by zyxstand »
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline CzK

• Major(1)
Re: maps for a new game mode
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2012, 02:25:25 pm »
isn't that quite similar to conquest on bf2?

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2012, 04:01:48 pm »
In this case, the berserker and predator bonus are not from the map, they come from the script, so remove them from map requirement plz.
It would be nice if you uploaded a prefab that is exactly the area of the territory (if it's always the same).
You should change map requirement to:

Alpha and Bravo flags must be unreachable.
Each territory needs to be intuitive and easily recognizable as a territory, with a nearby indicator.
While the attached tto_Dusk and tto_Erbium have scattered spawn points, it is highly recommended to make the spawn area more left vs right style (like all ctf maps).  The difficulty in this is to prevent the trenchwar-like clash in the center of the map.  To get around this, the map needs to be a bit more non-linear by having many paths to various locations.
Territories should be balanced.  If there is a territory close to Alpha's spawn point, there needs to be one similarly easily accessible to Bravo spawn area (see tto_Ash).
« Last Edit: May 29, 2012, 04:04:58 pm by As de Espada »
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2012, 04:52:14 am »
I would like to help you , so what maps you want to have for the game-mode ?
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2012, 05:30:31 pm »
In this case, the berserker and predator bonus are not from the map, they come from the script, so remove them from map requirement plz.
It would be nice if you uploaded a prefab that is exactly the area of the territory (if it's always the same).
You should change map requirement to:

Alpha and Bravo flags must be unreachable.
Each territory needs to be intuitive and easily recognizable as a territory, with a nearby indicator.
While the attached tto_Dusk and tto_Erbium have scattered spawn points, it is highly recommended to make the spawn area more left vs right style (like all ctf maps).  The difficulty in this is to prevent the trenchwar-like clash in the center of the map.  To get around this, the map needs to be a bit more non-linear by having many paths to various locations.
Territories should be balanced.  If there is a territory close to Alpha's spawn point, there needs to be one similarly easily accessible to Bravo spawn area (see tto_Ash).

OK, I uploaded 2 prefabs and what they look like.

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2012, 06:41:50 pm »
I would like to help you , so what maps you want to have for the game-mode ?

preferably original maps.  existing maps aren't suitable for TTO.

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2012, 04:24:07 pm »
Ok i gonna edit few maps then post screen-shots
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 09:58:21 pm »
Is that idea dead of this game-mode?

I maybe could create also 1-2 maps specificaly for it, if it's still in work... and not dead^^

BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!