Author Topic: "What needs to be done" 2nd Edition  (Read 8222 times)

Offline Zero Static

• Major(1)
Re: "What needs to be done" 2nd Edition
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2012, 03:20:28 am »
Ginn, your ideas are poor, and backed up by nothing but your own sense of self-entitlement, and ridiculous claims.

Give a proper argument with evidence, and fact-based opinions, then try posting again.

No one is going to take you seriously if your only argument is "I'm a better player than you so I know better".

Clawbug is absolutely right when he says that weapon power is directly influenced by map choice. The fact that spas is overpowered on Guardian, and basically unusable on B2b is an EXCELLENT indicator of good circular balance. Every gun does not need to be good in every situation for balance.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2012, 07:51:08 am »
I wouldn't say spas is unusuable on b2b, it's actually fairly decent, especially on low.
The game as it is now is trying to make every weapon usable for every situation instead of giving them special advantages and disadvantages.

If you don't know how the game works you can't really give a real opinion.

Offline Arrow/Freeman

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2012, 08:07:02 am »
Ginn, your ideas are poor, and backed up by nothing but your own sense of self-entitlement, and ridiculous claims.

Give a proper argument with evidence, and fact-based opinions, then try posting again.

No one is going to take you seriously if your only argument is "I'm a better player than you so I know better".

Clawbug is absolutely right when he says that weapon power is directly influenced by map choice. The fact that spas is overpowered on Guardian, and basically unusable on B2b is an EXCELLENT indicator of good circular balance. Every gun does not need to be good in every situation for balance.
Couldnt agree more.

Also, on every map theres a different weapon that has a slight advantage. You cant have a perfect balance for each map with 1 wm and its better this way. If  every weap was equally good on every map then why bother making different maps. Make one huge box and within 2 flags.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2012, 08:19:36 am by Arrow/Freeman »

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2012, 09:18:53 am »
The wm is currently trying to make every weapon equally good on every map, but fails because some weapons will always be better.

Offline croat1gamer

• Veteran
  • OMG CHANGING AVATAR!!! ^ω^
« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2012, 09:25:51 am »
Then why not just dumping everything and leaving a single weapon then?
Last year, I dreamt I was pissing at a restroom, but I missed the urinal and my penis exploded.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2012, 09:39:15 am »
gold

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2012, 02:11:48 pm »
I don't know, you'd have to bug skoskav for an answer on that one.

Offline Ymies

• Major
« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2012, 06:53:51 pm »
i just think that skoskav has been doing a good job all along. reaching perfect or near-perfect balance is impossible in this game. also, please don't get ginn involved in developing the game, please i beg you, no matter what happens