Author Topic: Predator Mode  (Read 1025 times)

Offline NamelessWolf

• Soldier
Predator Mode
« on: August 06, 2012, 02:44:12 pm »
Hey. From playing the Spy task on TTW I've come up with some ideas on how the Predator mode should be changed:

1. Predators should be completely invisible to enemies.

Enemies who have the predator mode bonus aren't completely invisible. Their gosteks only appear with lower opacity, making them almost - but not quite - invisible. This has lead to some players using settings on their screen which makes the game look bad, but allows them to see predators easier.
I don't think it's reasonable that adjusting brightness and gamma to absurd levels should grant you with any advantages in a gamemode which is played on a fairly competetive level. Therefore I think it would be better to make predators completely invisible, as long as their level of health is full.

2. The names of invisible teammates should appear over their gostek's head.

Just like you see names of teammates who are outside your screen, or who you point at with your crosshair, I think it should be possible to see the names and position of teammates who are on the screen but with Predator mode activated.
In teambased games with friendly fire switched on there has to be a way to see the position of predators on your team, so that it's reasonably easy to avoid shooting them and thereby teamkilling. Just avoiding the spray of enemies can be hard as it is and if you receive fire from your own aswell having Predator mode can be a disadvantage rather than being the "bonus" it's supposed to be.

Alternatively predators could be immune to friendly fire, just like flaggers are on some CTF servers, but I think it's more reasonable to just put their name over the head, fully visible to teammates.

Offline ionwood

• Major(1)
Re: Predator Mode
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2012, 03:04:56 pm »
don't really agree with 1. ... even if it's possible to do such thing since predator mode is soldat's opera. 2. it would be nice if a way to make the spy friend more visible for the other teammates.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 11:23:53 am »
I really like that partially-visible predator and I dont think this needs to be changed. Concerning the nick over head thing I can't imagine a situation when I cant separate my team mate from screnery;p

Im chill like that

Offline NamelessWolf

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2012, 07:24:29 pm »
So you're basically saying that you can see predators so well that there's no need for any type of indicator? Wouldn't that mean that predator "bonus" is completey useless as it is (apart from restoring health on pick up)?

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2012, 04:46:09 am »
No, I mean I can see my teammates who have predator bonus well enough. It was created like this so you are visible when running too much. You still have to be careful not to be seen by enemy team, and thats good.

Im chill like that