2 (4.4%)
50% maybe
4 (8.9%)
25% no
5 (11.1%)
0% never
31 (68.9%)

Total Members Voted: 44

Author Topic: Ruger should reload like spaz  (Read 3818 times)

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
Ruger should reload like spaz
« on: August 27, 2012, 10:18:11 am »
ruger should be reloading like spaz instead of taking forever in the heat of battle against autos

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
Re: Ruger should reload like spaz
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2012, 12:22:01 pm »
Ruger is the strongest (in my opinion: overpowered) weapon in almost every realistic gamemode I've seen.

13th_account

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2012, 04:02:13 pm »
The current weapon balance is irrelevant. If Ruger was made to reload like Spas the upcoming balance would be adjusted to accommodate the change. What matters most is what's fun.

Personally I'd find it a bit weird if Ruger wouldn't have a magazine, but I'd love to see new weapons suggested with this type of reload system.

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2012, 08:49:22 pm »
Some new weps could be cool, changing the ruger makes no sense, also in non realistic is it a good weapon allready.

I've ever wanted a sawed of pumpgun with 2 shots, an alternative to spas, which i dont like personaly^^
Could also have the usual pumpgun reload style  :)

BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2012, 09:30:38 pm »
I prefer to have weapons which are unique in some way. Making ruger reload like spas would make it boring.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2012, 02:26:28 pm »
I prefer to have weapons which are unique in some way. Making ruger reload like spas would make it boring.
every other weapon reloads like auto....boring

DarkCrusade

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2012, 03:10:17 pm »
Just take a look at the voting and see what the community decided.

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2012, 06:18:59 pm »
Just take a look at the voting and see what the community decided.
:DDDDDDD

Offline Kaze

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
  • Arc-En-CieL
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2012, 01:40:56 pm »
Hahaha everytime i see your topics , i keep smiling. We all have different tastes i guess and maybe it would be cool for you but for the majority of us , ruger is good the way it is and it's different as well from the other guns like Shoozza said , to each gun his style!

It's like asking if the M79 could have as much bullet as the steyr :P , It will never happen!

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2012, 07:54:58 am »

I'd argue that the ruger is one of the most boring guns in the game - it's like the baret, except requires twice as many shots to kill and doesn't have startup time or zoom.

While I'm not for making it reload like the spaz, I do think it could use something to make it better somehow.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2012, 11:23:28 am »

I'd argue that the ruger is one of the most boring guns in the game - it's like the baret, except requires twice as many shots to kill and doesn't have startup time or zoom.

While I'm not for making it reload like the spaz, I do think it could use something to make it better somehow.
amen

13th_account

« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2012, 01:55:24 pm »

I always liked the Ruger just because it reminds me of the M1 Garand, which I find incredibly awesome. I also doubt we'll ever deviate it much from its current characteristics. If that saddens you then go ahead and suggest new fun and unique weapons.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2012, 02:30:24 pm »
Personally, I love the Ruger. If you want to be successful you have to have a good team behind you, because you cannot pressure enemies and be as aggressive as players who choose to play OHK-weapons or automatic guns but you still are a danger, because a Ruger player - in contrast to a Barret or M79 user - is actually able to take down 2 or 3 enemies in a short span of time if they already received damage.

We all got accustomed to the Ruger and if you do not make a good suggestion for a new and unique weapon or a new mechanic for it I see little reason to further go into detail here.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2012, 09:25:39 pm »
is actually able to take down 2 or 3 enemies in a short span of time if they already received damage.

Four years ago I shot through a nearly dead guy and hit another nearly dead guy. Both died:

One shot two kill.
There are other worlds than these

DarkCrusade

« Reply #14 on: September 07, 2012, 04:11:25 pm »
That underlines that the Ruger has its special moments when you get really lucky or are a really skillful player. Most people who think it is one of the weaker guns have too little knowledge.

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2012, 05:44:52 am »
I like the 1 bullet at once idea it would make the ruger reallistic i really like it .
Could help in situations like:
2 bullets 1kill
1 bullet 1hit
1 bullet miss
Then fast put a bullet in the Rifle and
1 bullet boom headshot :D

I like the idea
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2012, 05:48:37 am »
I like the 1 bullet at once idea it would make the ruger reallistic i really like it .
2 bullets 1kill
1 bullet 1hit
1 bullet miss

I like the idea

Ruger is one of the strongest weapons, if they would add this idea, the ruger would be totally overpowered at all, i would love it too honestly, cauze i play alot Ruger, but seriously, it would simply be too strong if you think well about it.
BCB-Clan Page

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2012, 05:56:05 am »
2 bullets 1kill
1 bullet 1hit
1 bullet miss

I like the idea

Ruger is one of the strongest weapons, if they would add this idea, the ruger would be totally overpowered at all, i would love it too honestly, cauze i play alot Ruger, but seriously, it would simply be too strong if you think well about it.
Hm ur totally right i really get sometimes raped by Ruger its very strong , Only if the bullets would be putted pretty slow like 1.5 sec or so ...
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2012, 05:09:18 pm »
Ruger player - in contrast to a Barret or M79 user - is actually able to take down 2 or 3 enemies in a short span of time if they already received damage.

I understand that nades are excepted here?
Consider a player with good aiming skill, who picked up a second Barret instead LAW for example (this is my style, however personally I'm crosseyed a little bit :P). It is very powerful style of playing and it make the player able to make two OHK in very short time - often in shorter time than Ruger, or Barret+Knife. And the player is still mobile!

Coming back to the main topic - Ruger, indeed, is VERY powerful weapon, if it is used by skilled player who have some luck (it is hard to play with against enemies with 100HP).

Btw, do you whink, that Ruger is useful in small, closed areas against a big amount of enemies (for example ctf_Nuubia, 6 vs 6 players, like on Zabijaka's CTF)?
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

DarkCrusade

« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2012, 02:11:26 pm »
@Izzy Rose: CQC really is the weak spot of a Ruger. But for that I have a knife and grenades. If I play on a public server like Zabijaka's CTF I still pick the Ruger from time to time, although I do not play overly aggressive if that is the case. This is only a valid tactic if you have a good team, though, but works out great.

Offline Izzy Rose (PL)

• Soldier
  • I am tank! Get out my way!
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2012, 04:56:36 pm »
Yeah, I agree ;) I pick Ruger too, quite often, on Zabijaka's too. Ruger, indeed, is good offensive weapon, if you have backup. On public servers players usually play "alone". Then, Ruger allows player rather to defense his base or to make little sprees in the middle of map.
This is only a valid tactic if you have a good team, though, but works out great.
Which tactic do you mean?

@Izzy Rose: CQC really is the weak spot of a Ruger. But for that I have a knife and grenades.
I still find that second Barret is better than the knife - yeah, maybe it is as slow as the knife (latency in Barret and "gaining" in knife), but Barret's bullet is certainly faster than knife and has bigger range ;) Double Barrets are very offensive mix with nades - with two nades you can make Multikill nearly as easy as with HK or Spas ;)

(sorry if it will be perceived as OT)
Ingame known as just Izzy
[Barret]/
+

Offline nosejj

• Camper
    • Soldat Discord!
« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2012, 10:40:29 pm »
I just wanna know how 'no' is 25%...
No means no... 0%.

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2012, 03:58:46 am »
I just wanna know how 'no' is 25%...
No means no... 0%.

it's a dumb voting? explained enough ^^?
BCB-Clan Page

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline P

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »
the ruger is already overpowered in some situations, but generaly its fine as it is