Author Topic: ctf_DarkFall - first draw  (Read 2132 times)

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
ctf_DarkFall - first draw
« on: September 08, 2012, 09:30:18 pm »
So i made now this ctf map the last days, i played it already with a clany on one of zabijaka's server, i basicly wanna present the map now and i look for suggestions if the map isnt allready well enough.

could've better screens i know, just check the map  ;D

Map infos :

626 Polygons
201 Scenerys
17 Spawns
No WP (it's a ctf, noone need bots^^)
Dimensions : 5120x2624 (but its way smaller, the big black fade out makes it huge^^)

Enioy :)

Removed download, download in new post down.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 10:38:35 am by GhostRiderSwiss »
BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline As de Espada

• Veteran
  • Mapper
    • My maps
Re: ctf_DarkFall - first draw
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2012, 01:37:20 am »
Nice map! I like the shading and visuals. You load with scenery but without overload.
The player seems to flow well enough and the bases are really nice! I really like the watch tower.

I attatched 2 screens.
df2 is just a weird coloring. If it's intentional you should add some scenery in front because it's weird right now.

df has lots of comments by collor
yellow: there are some scenery that are set to back when should be middle because you or your bullets collide on it. It's kind of weird to walk on the air. There may be some other scenerys that need to be set to middle.
red: polybugs. Just walk there and your player bumps. Imagine in an intensive game. You should avoid small angles and learn overlapping. I made a tutorial that helps about that.
purple: the distances between the routes are large and there is little interaction between them
blue: the upper route is kind of useless because it is too high and the flagger is low. There is something wrong with the little house in the middle doesn't help going to the upper route. You could make the middle section wider OR make 2 houses instead of one central one
« Last Edit: September 09, 2012, 01:39:28 am by As de Espada »
All my maps | my latest map: SoldatX Racing Mappack
me making a map on youtube: ctf_FastMade

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2012, 01:58:07 am »
Nice map! I like the shading and visuals. You load with scenery but without overload.
The player seems to flow well enough and the bases are really nice! I really like the watch tower.

I attatched 2 screens.
df2 is just a weird coloring. If it's intentional you should add some scenery in front because it's weird right now.

df has lots of comments by collor
yellow: there are some scenery that are set to back when should be middle because you or your bullets collide on it. It's kind of weird to walk on the air. There may be some other scenerys that need to be set to middle.
red: polybugs. Just walk there and your player bumps. Imagine in an intensive game. You should avoid small angles and learn overlapping. I made a tutorial that helps about that.
purple: the distances between the routes are large and there is little interaction between them
blue: the upper route is kind of useless because it is too high and the flagger is low. There is something wrong with the little house in the middle doesn't help going to the upper route. You could make the middle section wider OR make 2 houses instead of one central one

Thanks for your critism and i apreciate it alot that you took yourself some time to check the map well, i will try to fix all that stuff remaining.
BCB-Clan Page

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, 10:37:57 am »
Allright, had now time to fix the stuff quick, i decided to place 2 buildings instead of one and did place the flags on the top of the towers.
Should be fine now?

All the bugs you've found have been also fixed As de Espada.

If you find something else let me know.

Removed download in first post, download new one, attached.
BCB-Clan Page

BCB-Soldier till i die!