Author Topic: [Script request] Proper antispawn for small maps  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
[Script request] Proper antispawn for small maps
« on: October 06, 2012, 09:56:13 am »
So as you might know spawnkill on small ctf maps has been there since forever so why not tryin to give dem spawnerz a lesson? Spawning occurs mostly on small maps like ash and steel. Looking forward for any submissions.

Im chill like that

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
Re: [Script request] Proper antispawn for small maps
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2012, 01:16:31 pm »
Can anyone make a script where you can choose 'shoot-delay time' and 'invoulnebility time'?

I want to try different settings, especially this:
Remove shoot-delay and set less invoulnebility time
« Last Edit: October 06, 2012, 01:18:30 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2012, 06:58:08 am »
Best solution? only team collide polygons.
other than that if you have soldatcentral backup you can try out spawnshield
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2012, 08:55:15 am »
I heard from Fryer that  'shoot-delay time' and 'invoulnebility time' is hardcoded into soldat, so we won't be able to experiment with that.

So ye, mapping can be the only solution

Offline P

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2012, 01:24:10 pm »
created a spawnprotection anytime

- spawning players are invulnerable for a special amount of time (stime)

edit: deleted the smaplist-function
« Last Edit: October 10, 2012, 07:40:54 am by P »

Offline Hacktank

• Camper
  • Soldat Scripter
    • HTZRPG
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2012, 05:32:24 pm »
I made an anti-spawnkill script a while ago: link.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2012, 07:02:43 pm »
A script that tells the person who's getting killed to concentrate on improving himself and finding ways to counter the killer instead of first spending five minutes whining and finally starting a vote to kick the killer.

Considering Soldat has always been a difficult game and spawnkilling plays a huge role in it, you should encourage people to improve, not just make the game easier. Nowadays even people on DM servers whine about spawnkilling which is rediculous. You don't become a champion overnight.

This all coming from someone who's been votekicked out for spawning numerous of times even though I'm just on my way to the flag and back. All you need is only a single kill after a person has spawned and the whining begins.

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2012, 03:46:26 am »
If I'm allowed to speak a word: In the gamemodes I play, which would be realistic, when spawning I have a huge advantage over another player who tries to spawn. I can throw my knife in the very second I respawn - which will kill him while I'm still spawnshielded. Might work for you, too.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2012, 04:47:13 am »
Im trying to provide something for newbies so they dont feel useless on maps like ash/steel cause of their lack of movement skill. Also some of the admins agree that spawning is really getting out of hand sometimes.

Im chill like that

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2012, 05:52:37 am »
You could at least add something that tells the players there is something they can do by themselves too. The current system only encourages the worse players to remain bad because if things don't go the way they want, they don't have to think how to make it better cause they can just start flooding the chat and votekicking people out. What also bothers me is that people obviously don't understand the meaning of "excessive" - it really seems like they think I'm not allowed to attack them before they have had the time to kill me, regardless of the situation.

Another solution would be to make me invulnerable to votekicks and punishments.

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2012, 09:47:17 am »
well said dusty

imo the time that people are invulnerable after spawning is long enough to avoid getting spawned either by killing or just getting away, the problem is often that people just want to kill the spawner all the time instead of getting away.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #11 on: October 24, 2012, 04:54:41 pm »
Why script ? Isn't it easier this way :

MAP:CTF_ASH
Red spawn (also blue just inverted )  is "filled" with the Blue bullets collide polygon. So The blue can pass , cant Spawnkill and Red are free to walk and shoot ?
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #12 on: October 24, 2012, 05:27:16 pm »

Red spawn (also blue just inverted )  is "filled" with the Blue bullets collide polygon. So The blue can pass , cant Spawnkill and Red are free to walk and shoot ?

best way to spawnkill is saw, so actually only blue bullets collide wouldnt safe spawnkill at all, also imagine red players sitting and camping inside that blue bullets colide zone - or later someone has the flag - just camp there = profit.

BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #13 on: October 24, 2012, 05:34:01 pm »

best way to spawnkill is saw, so actually only blue bullets collide wouldnt safe spawnkill at all, also imagine red players sitting and camping inside that blue bullets colide zone - or later someone has the flag - just camp there = profit.

Ahm... u'r right .

EDIT:
A flager can't pass polygon doesn't exist ! Oms I realized it just now !
I tough't about Blue player bullet collides + Flagers collide as the solution ...
« Last Edit: October 24, 2012, 05:38:57 pm by Vucgy92 »
Choose one,
Bonecrusher