Author Topic: Maps w/ bad bots (redo waypoints?)  (Read 3808 times)

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
Maps w/ bad bots (redo waypoints?)
« on: November 17, 2012, 02:15:35 pm »
I've noticed some dumb behavior on a few maps. Are any of these worth fixing? Anyone wanna point anything out that really irks 'em, like repeatedly jumping bots at a certain part of a map?

ctf_Crucifix, in my first play of it, had Bravo bots all cluster to the right end. Is this a regular experience of other players too?

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
Re: Maps w/ bad bots (redo waypoints?)
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:33:29 pm »
Experience? Of course.. but there are so many things that could cause such behaviour.

Offline Keron Cyst

• Global Moderator
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • will waypoint for food
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 03:17:49 pm »
Nope. There are only two three: combat, and bad waypointing, and obscure tiny-foothold mapping. And these bots were not affected by combat and the flag area is a moderately long plain strip of land, so those are not the problem.
Getting the PolyWorks installer going... hopefully this will allow it to work off of Win7.
Edit: wow, I get a bunch of runtime errors the moment I try to pan around the map, eventually crashing the program. How do I do this? Setting the Soldat directory did nothing, not even to detect scenery-gfx.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 03:30:06 pm by Keron Cyst »

Offline chutem

• Veteran
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2013, 09:04:10 pm »
Polyworks will work on win7, have you checked out the huge thread in mapping help?
1NK3FbdNtH6jNH4dc1fzuvd4ruVdMQABvs

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2013, 08:31:22 am »
CTF_ASH there is a 50% to 50% chance that the bots will get the flag and just sit with it , or at middle the flagger will just jump on the terrace up and down.
Choose one,
Bonecrusher