Author Topic: Devlog update (2012-12-10) Finishing touches  (Read 16671 times)

Offline Seigen

• Major
Re: Devlog update (2012-12-10) Finishing touches
« Reply #80 on: January 08, 2013, 09:12:38 am »
You guys play a selfmade mod, what did you expect that everyones going to make balances for your mod. No.

Well apparently it's not a balance since the Soldat developer who made this change, and I quote:

voted no, it would make atleast half of the throws useless.

You're looking at it all wrong. Though it will worsen some of the throws possible in 1.6.3, it will enable new ones in 1.6.4. This change isn't at all a nerf, it just requires you to change to a more aggressive play style if you want to stay proficient.

It's not a nerf at all; so clearly you hardly know anything about why this change is going about, nor how it will affect the game, when experienced players have played this game giving numerous sound arguments against it.

modify - @Dutchflame, you are full of shit

2nd modify -
make balances for your mod. No.
I don't think this mod is intended for us to be honest, if it was for us and we're saying there was nothing wrong why change it? - p.s. you're even more full of shit
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:25:46 am by Seigen »

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #81 on: January 08, 2013, 10:15:57 am »
no its not intended for your mod, neither for knife only players, its a balance for the whole game according to other weapons.

And all i see here is that 4 people from your community keep whining about it, while you could just adjust to it.

and insulting me is not going to make your argument any better, keep your toung down my friend.

Offline Seigen

• Major
« Reply #82 on: January 08, 2013, 10:24:52 am »
no its not intended for your mod, neither for knife only players, its a balance for the whole game according to other weapons.

And all i see here is that 4 people from your community keep whining about it, while you could just adjust to it.

and insulting me is not going to make your argument any better, keep your toung down my friend.

Do I need to re quote the soldat developers quote saying it's not a nerf, i.e. changed not because he wants it to be more balanced?

Here it is anyway, I'll take out the parts of the quote you don't need to read: -

Quote from: 14th_account on January 04, 2013, 07:51:09 am
This change isn't at all a nerf, it just requires you to change to a more aggressive play style if you want to stay proficient.

If it's nothing to do with balancing the knife out, then actually it's just the selfish intentions of one developer to make using knife more aggressive.

All you see are the people who are representing the KO community, if we were all to post from our community, it would be exactly the same thing; not to mention the poll votes in favour of the old knife physics; not to mention SCTFL players' are also of the opinion that knife changes are unnecessary.

modify - you are full of shit, still...

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #83 on: January 08, 2013, 10:54:47 am »
Dude you honestly think there was no discussion about the knife velocity in the beta team?

Can you just calm down..

And no not everyone in the sctfl community says that, can you please get proof of that.

Offline Seigen

• Major
« Reply #84 on: January 08, 2013, 11:17:05 am »
Dude you honestly think there was no discussion about the knife velocity in the beta team?

Can you just calm down..

And no not everyone in the sctfl community says that, can you please get proof of that.

I think I know Mighty, Bonecrusher and Bistoufly, to say the least; and there involvement in beta testing, but so what? You're discussing a reason you guys came up with to cover up for One dev team members sole intention of making the knife more agressive...

I also did not say everyone in sctfl disagrees, I said

not to mention SCTFL players' are also of the opinion that knife changes are unnecessary.

and I will quote some here from their topic: Knife velocity change

dicko
SCTFL Helper
Event Administrator

Re: Knife velocity change
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2013, 10:25:50 AM »
voted no, and implore you all do the same!

Quinoman

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2013, 04:53:03 PM »
hell, vote no!

Dusty

« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2013, 01:29:12 AM »

i don't like the knife myself. i have played some beta gathers and it just sees limited compared to what it used to be. what i really dislike is the way the beta team is handling the whole situation; nobody was asked anything and they make changes to things that never needed such a drastic change. and surely it's not the first case. see aim-lag and the map renovations for example.

something i find even more rediculous is that people in charge, mostly shoozza and skoskav, don't even play the game much and i believe shoozza even has admitted this himself. i wish the people in charge were active and respected members of the competitive ctf scene but of course this is only my opinion and obviously invalid. now it just seems that the beta crew is a circle jerk of people who are active on the official soldat forums

cause most of the devs don't play competitive ctf actively. same goes for the maps and why sctfl should have its own map pool.

sumich

« Reply #20 on: January 05, 2013, 02:47:01 AM »
WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU FUCKIN NERDS RUIN THE KNIFE DID THE COMMUNITY ASK FOR THIS? YOU DUMB FUCKS.

Yeah I think this is proof enough.

How can people who don't play the game have any idea of how it is in gameplay, therefore to make the decision based on his assumptions that the knife needed to be more aggressive is completely ridiculous reason for this knife mod.

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #85 on: January 08, 2013, 11:18:59 am »
thats 4 players of the 200.

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #86 on: January 08, 2013, 11:19:35 am »

Can you just calm down..

No discussion regarding the intention to change, that's for sure.
Also I think you need to read properly, but no worries i will quote the exact sentence for you to read!
not to mention SCTFL players' are also of the opinion that knife changes are unnecessary.
Where does it say everyone?? [retard]
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Seigen

• Major
« Reply #87 on: January 08, 2013, 11:28:47 am »

and what of the 4 out of 91 members in our knife community you so claim isn't enough for explaining why changing the knife is a bad thing?

I have already explained we represent the overwhelming majority vote because we quite literally run/manage competitive KO community. I am not going to get quotes from all of them expressing the same view, derp.

Offline Mighty

• Camper
« Reply #88 on: January 08, 2013, 11:57:28 am »
If you included me, which I suppose you did, you're wrong. Since the inherit % has been lowered I'm not so sure this change is so bad, however, when I see something I strongly disagree with in the discussion, I simply join in and say what I have to say. Still my last major post has been left unanswered.
xFire: macmil        e-mail: macekmil@gmail.com
My scripts: Accuracy Script       Flashbang       Punishments GUID
            CatchMe Gamemod       AntiFake
            CW System             AntiFakeGUID

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #89 on: January 08, 2013, 12:37:20 pm »

and what of the 4 out of 91 members in our knife community you so claim isn't enough for explaining why changing the knife is a bad thing?

I have already explained we represent the overwhelming majority vote because we quite literally run/manage competitive KO community. I am not going to get quotes from all of them expressing the same view, derp.

gl then