Author Topic: Chat filter  (Read 1367 times)

Offline Arrow/Freeman

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Chat filter
« on: December 05, 2012, 07:35:51 am »
The idea behind this is to prevent profanity on the servers. Of course it should be optional and for server owners to decide whether they want it or not. We're all familiar how every gather/cw/pub game looks like, how rude players are to each other and since we cant prevent that.. we can filter the chat and live happily ever after.

What do u think?

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Re: Chat filter
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2012, 08:29:33 am »
i might consider allowing OnPlayerSpeak to mute a text so that this can be scripted, but don't count on anything. I'm far behind with other stuff and deadline is closing up.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2012, 09:44:34 am »
i might consider allowing OnPlayerSpeak to mute a text so that this can be scripted, but don't count on anything. I'm far behind with other stuff and deadline is closing up.
We could update the server at a later date without updating the client, just to update the scriptcore.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2012, 12:53:18 pm »

I remember some server having anti flame protection which changed what you said if it contained banned words.

Example:
You said 'noob'
the outcome would be' i am such a noob', without 'noob' message being shown.

Im chill like that

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 03:19:20 pm »
lol this is a mans game not fucking clubpenguin

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

DarkCrusade

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2012, 07:00:12 am »
@Adam: Remarkable. When I read Bonecrusher's post I directly thought about who would get owned by that script, and here we go!

Offline xurich

• Inactive Staff
  • Flagrunner
    • SCTFL
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 06:39:00 am »
stop trying to eliminate my first amendment rights, freeman!

more seriously though, it's not going to stop people from being rude to one another, and if somebody really wants to tell someone else to fuck off, they'll find a way of doing it regardless of what words you remove. I mean, if you want it as a server option, sure go for it, but it seems to me both impractical and unnecessary

Offline iAmBullet

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
  • War doesn't determine who's right, but who's left
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2012, 11:37:27 pm »
I agree with xurich. I remember back in the days when !Elite Saw n Law was still around, there was a nooblottery script that basically made it so that when a player called another player a noob, they would either get muted for 1/3/5/10 minutes but the players obviously found a way to exploit the script and created new variations of an already stupid word T_T And isn't there an age limit for this game?

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2012, 11:36:33 pm »
There is always /mute id
If you are worried about such stuff I suggest adding support for auto-muting on the client so each user can add mute words to their own list.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod