Author Topic: 3 ideas for explosions  (Read 2842 times)

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
3 ideas for explosions
« on: June 11, 2006, 06:32:11 pm »
ok, this is the first idea, and it is too fix how m79 and grenade. it is too not have it explode right on contact. have it go through the soldat then blow up and rely on inherit lag to kill the soldat guy. ill post a picture since this might be kindof hard to explain.
ok, as you can see, this will do same amount of damage even for someone with 0 lag, but with someone who has 200 it will still hurt/kill him.

my second idea is to stop point blank m79ing, and make stuff look cooler. i think that when a person has grenades in there nade slot, that if they get killed by explosion, that the body blows up for the grenades also. so if you shot someone with a m79 and they had grenades with them, they would blow up from the m79 and have another explosion from the grenades, so if the m79er was point blank range, they would definately die if the person had grenades becasue of the multiple explosions, but if he didnt then i guess the m79er would be...lucky? i also think from a barret if shot in theigh or chest and had grenades with you it would be reasonable because it is a very powerful gun, and it would look cool to see a yellow streak go though a guy while he was in the air and then see him self-explode.

my third idea is controversial(and for realistic mode). i think, since most people m79 at point blank, or spray, or hide and camp, or doing anything of that nature usually see it as a way to get one more kill when they have little health(not always the campers though, mostly just sprayers and m79 kamikazis) well thats what I think atleast. so i think that once you have less than 35% of your health, you cannot carry any guns until you get health. so if you carried a law and a minigun...you would be pretty screwed. but you could still pick up guns and use anything besides:law m79 minigun and barret.

i m trying not to be biased as i use m79, but i use other weapons too. post your comments ;) and all the best

Offline zyxstand

• Veteran
  • Mother of all Bombs
Re: 3 ideas for explosions
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 06:47:23 pm »
First of all, I understand that your reason for the grenade 'delay' is to make it really explode in the enemy instead of next to him...  The only practical purpose to that would be so it kills him isntantly.  In that case, all MM would need to do is add some code stating that if a person caused the grenade to explode, then the server should not calculate the distance between that person and the grenade to determine the damage, but rather it should just kill the person automatically.

The 'weapons cause grenade to explode' is just... silly!  If you want the M79 (LAW and other grenades I assume too) and barret to be able to cause grenades to explode, then so should any other weapon resulting in one hit kills everytime you hit the grenades...  that's just stupid.
Can't think of anything original to put here...

Offline Yuth

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 07:43:23 pm »
Well... Being able to shoot the grenades so they bounce off from your bullets would be pretty neat. Then I was thinking it wouldn't bounce much dependant on the weapon's power. Minigun would make the grenades bounce fast, while soccom etc wouldn't affect the grenade much. Also you should be able to shoot weapons, like one dude is chasing after his own weapon and you're shooting it away from him, or shooting it extremely hard at the ground so that it bounces up to your Soldat and you switch to Secondary and take the weapon and shoot his head off.  :D

And about the collide delay - There should be collide delay for the grenade, some kind of health for it, if it gets shot too much it will explode before the default time. And as to exploding on impact, that should also react to the power/health used by the grenade's speed as it collides.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 07:45:17 pm by Yuth »

Offline jettlarue

• Flagrunner
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 08:24:22 pm »
rst of all, I understand that your reason for the grenade 'delay' is to make it really explode in the enemy instead of next to him...  The only practical purpose to that would be so it kills him isntantly
no i was thinking, instead of exploding on the side of the soldat you shot him on, it would go through him and explode on other side. so if you shot shomeone with m79 from the left, the m79 grenade would explode on the right side of him instead of left.
The 'weapons cause grenade to explode' is just... silly!  If you want the M79 (LAW and other grenades I assume too) and barret to be able to cause grenades to explode, then so should any other weapon resulting in one hit kills everytime you hit the grenades...  that's just stupid.
well i did think any weapon would work, but it would take away the point of it. if you mean you were being hit by a hk possible and it hit the grenade it would blow up, that is differrent from what im thing. i mean only extremely powerful weapons, like the barret and explosions. and to yuth......................i dont know what to say....lol?

Offline T-Bone

• Flagrunner
  • Harmonicas Suck
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2006, 03:30:35 am »
rst of all, I understand that your reason for the grenade 'delay' is to make it really explode in the enemy instead of next to him... The only practical purpose to that would be so it kills him isntantly
no i was thinking, instead of exploding on the side of the soldat you shot him on, it would go through him and explode on other side. so if you shot shomeone with m79 from the left, the m79 grenade would explode on the right side of him instead of left.
The 'weapons cause grenade to explode' is just... silly! If you want the M79 (LAW and other grenades I assume too) and barret to be able to cause grenades to explode, then so should any other weapon resulting in one hit kills everytime you hit the grenades... that's just stupid.
well i did think any weapon would work, but it would take away the point of it. if you mean you were being hit by a hk possible and it hit the grenade it would blow up, that is differrent from what im thing. i mean only extremely powerful weapons, like the barret and explosions. and to yuth......................i dont know what to say....lol?

Um, what was the point in this post? There's no reason to quote something unless you're going to add something to it. - Stalky
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 04:31:16 am by Stalky »
Your acting like your having a duel and your opponent gets a pistol and you get a spork.
Isn't that pretty much what it is? I dunno wtf a spork is, I suppose it's way weaker than the pistol since you compared that to this.

Offline Mr. Jenkins

• Soldier
  • AKA "Oneburt"
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2006, 08:57:52 pm »
First idea: Hmmm, sorry, not sure I understand, and your picture really doesn't make sense.

As for the second idea, I have two words: NO! and LAG! Anyway, that is the stupidest idea ever. I have thought about it before cause it would be more realistic that way, but CAN YOU IMAGINE THE LAG?!!! Basically, it WOULDN'T WORK!!!! Except if the server was a super computer.... maybe......

Third idea: Well, this is just making it realistic, and we don't really care about that, seeing as our soldat has jet packs. So I say no.

Offline Fraggy

• Soldier
  • Mecha 0_o
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2006, 05:21:35 am »
errrr.... no?!

Please explain yourself and why you dislike the idea. This is not useful for the conversation. - Stalky
« Last Edit: June 16, 2006, 08:26:25 am by Stalky »