Author Topic: Ideas for the future of Soldat  (Read 18897 times)

Offline Petterkowski

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
Re: Ideas for the future of Soldat
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2013, 09:35:40 am »
I've recently bumped into this thread and i have to admit , great ideas , Kenix. Especially with news box. Could you imagine a better way to show all players a handful of the most important information , events , where they could really find a competitive scene , leagues and all the similar things related to rivalry ? I find that publics are pretty crowded by players nowodays but it seems that they'r just randomly fooling around. 2/3 of them don't even realise that there is something more than public servers.

Once more into the fray...
Into the last good fight I'll ever know.
Live and die on this day...
Live and die on this day...

Offline biohazard

• Camper
  • B4bY NighT
    • B4bY NighT
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2013, 10:20:55 am »
I started with this shit when a e-notsomuch-friend from tibia/gunbound showed me that and teach me how to play and stuff, years later i tried to show my RL and most of them jsut said wtf are tiny shit flying around...
prolly i would think the same but it seems ima quite necrophian to just luv this game. I used to appreciate all those stuff ppl around the world try to help soldat in their free time, thats alot of shit and thats what kept soldat around, who cares for public, they do not stick with the game for long or if so they jsut cheat, the newcomers are always dumb fat kinds.
what ppl must focus is to unite the communities that already exist, like:
gather should let the possibilty to watch on spec the games if ya are a pubber so u can discovery new shit. Imo they should congregate in one big fraking gather and put it on the interface, but anyway...
also about the graphics, i had to play on crt to get that pixelated things i luv on thw lower reso, scalation is just very bad in this game, its not abou the art rly, lke the mechanics, so that shall not chnage soon, aka never.
the gamemodes are not too spread, but they are rather uncompetitive or lacking hard teamwork like ctf. I do not dislike any mode, but most of them are limited in this stage of soldat live, ppl should focus on competitve only since its what keep shits alive.
i myself just dream a day MM will release a new soldat 9999.0 and burst the world, until there most efforts are quite useless without a absolute anticheat and the massive rewrite of broken shit by the devs, anyway i keep the dream, i think the community will still be there when i wanna play and have sum rage.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2013, 11:25:49 am »
here we go .. what we need (what SOLDAT needs)
the game is currently to different for the new generation of gamers. If they start Soldat for the first time they simply don´t know what to do.
So the game must be easier to play or at least to understand. I think a new GUI : http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=39691.0 topic about it. there are some really great examples.

ALSO... there hasn´t been any "advertisement" for years. So how should someone play a game who doesn´t even know its existing.
there is not an official trailer made for it and so on.
By simply contacting some game magazines it could be achieved that they´d report about the game or even put it on their CD/DVD.

Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Kenix

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major(1)
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2013, 02:52:31 pm »
Since this is "my thread" I kinda feel responsible for it. Unfortunately I have been gone over the weekend which is why I didn't give an answer yet. I'd like to mention at first that I am very happy with you guys digging this thread out. I have invested quite a few hours to think about these ideas and to write them down and I already gave up any hopes that my effort wasn't wasted. The fact I wasn't right gives me new hope for Soldat and especially for Soldat's still active but dwindling competitive community.

There is still a chance to change tack and to get started with an all-embracing community effort to get the game back up on it's feet. I'd like to undermine my unlimited gratitude and trust into the current dev team. Most of my ideas are quite obvious for people, who are more experienced in developing games. Yet I wanted to share them not only with the community, but also with the devs.

Before I start giving answers to some points you guys have mentioned, I'd like to hint at something: Don't get mad at each others, just because they might share a point which is not only different to yours but also quite understandable out of your point of view. Yes, we have quite a few pessimists around here - which might even be legit to some extent. I doubt their pessimism is caused by them being trolls, rather by them being frustrated. Invariably anyone who still feels emotionally attached enough to comment in this thread loves Soldat. Why would we use our frustration to fight each other, when such a thread like this might be a chance to unite? Thanks to ymmees, this thread] has been shared on the official SCTFL forum. I would love to see this thread growing into a movement, full of motivated people that make up their minds about Soldat. Do not fight or verbally attack each other, just because one's opinion differs from yours. This is neither the right time nor place for flaming and whining at each other. Let's try to turn this thread into a pit, full of constructive ideas and feedback for those who really develop the game: Our developers.

I already tried to point it out in my post which started this topic: The efforts which are neccessary to get Soldat into a better shape in terms of activity and publicity are far more than one-sided. The general problem is that the devs have to make improvements in more than one area: The competitive scene is desperately waiting for an anti-cheat, but as the years pass by, we will be losing more and more players, simply because everyone gets older and eventually loses time and interest for Soldat. Focusing only on the competitive scene would eventually cause the death of Soldat. That's why we have to invest a lot of effort and time into connecting the competitive scene with the public scene. Ideas for doing it can be found in my first post.

And how could everybody who's interested help?
I'd like to seize ymmees' idea of making some sort of an IRC channel where everyone who's somehow involved in the development, may it be in terms of technical aspects or rather community affairs, of Soldat, is in. I'll think about this a bit and post my ideas about it.

Finally I'd like to say: Yes, Soldat lacks advertisement. But the problem is that we don't have a sponsor nor is the game new enough to be put into dozens of gaming magazines. That has happened when the game was quite young. Hence I proposed to work on a Soldat 2, with updated graphics and such.

Offline Ymies

• Major
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2013, 05:51:30 pm »
is anyone here familiar with www.d2jsp.org? it's probably one of the biggest gaming forums around offering platforms for a wide variety of games, although it's generally focused on mmo and rpg trading. i used to play diablo 2 back in the day and still have an account, might as well try kicking off some discussion thread and keep it active by arranging a handful of people to post every now and then and see if we can gather any interest

(and why not other forums as well)

Offline Eros

• Major(1)
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2013, 04:52:51 pm »
Maybe i will not add anything what can suprise u guys but i have to. Every single game i played i met ppl that know what Soldat is. I met them in SWTOR, WoW (in a few guilds), LoL, C9, Allods Online, AION and much more. Polish gamers know what Soldat is, the new version can interest them to look how it changed. Also im a member of Anime-Shinden community. There are ~10 ppl who play soldat cassually. I'm sure of that if Soldat will be more developing and if u guys will change the most frustrating bugs in this game they will make a clan. I was in a big shock of that i met ex soldat gamers on the university that im studying, there are 4 of them. I know that a number of ppl that i'm writting here isn't attractive for devs. But think that there is still 300-400 active players and each one can meet 20-30 ex soldat players. This is a potential that we are fighting for.

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2013, 05:53:29 am »
wow that sounds odd to me, every game I ever played I did not met any people who ever heard of soldat...and i've been a very dedicated gamer myself aswell on different games.
As I mentioned earlier in this topic, it's just an unknown game due to it's low advertisement.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline soulblade

• Soldier
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2013, 06:49:20 am »
i was rather referring to videos that display actual game play instead of focusing on random trickshots that have nothing to do with what soldat really is

this is a great example. although raw, still a thousand times more entertaining than one of those thirteen-in-a-dozen casual random luckshot compilations. props to evilhomer

This one has some nice moments too. Would be great to see a short movie that shows how much fun Soldat can be rather than trickshot videos.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2013, 06:53:56 am by soulblade »

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2013, 06:02:03 pm »
It took me a while to finally read the whole topic, but I read it thoroughly. I'd like to express my opinion about a few things since I have played soldat for a really long time.

Personally I don't think the problem is that we lack ideas, nor that the devs lack opinions from competative players. #Soldat.devs is the place for anyone who cares. If you want to ask the devs anything or suggest changes, there will be people there to discuss with.
The problem is that it takes too long to get ideas into reality.
Don't get me wrong, the devs are doing an amazing work, for free even. It's just not enough compared to soldats potential.

I know we need it, but the problem with Anti-Cheat is that it constantly takes time to maintain when we need to work on the actual game. Some changes in spectating and recording might do the trick.

So what can we do?
I can think of 2 things that the comunity could do without having to rely on devs.
- Make beautiful maps. We need a list of criteria for a map to make default.
- Make soldat movies. If you guys want to cooperate on a movie I'm in.
I'm not saying that's enough to stop people from slowly leaving soldat, but it certainly won't harm.

Soldat 2
Even if we intensify development of the current soldat, it will not be enough to compete with newer games.
I have recently started playing League of Legends and Counter Strike GO, and both games offer solutions to matchmaking, newb-friendlyness, account system with stats and friend-adding, report system against idiots, and much more. If we really expect soldat to somewhat compete with theese games we have no choice but to make Soldat 2.
I think the Soldat 2 title and everything around that is reserved for MM. Therefor I will ask him on his facebook page what his thoughts are about soldat 2.

Offline Vos

• Soldier
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2013, 03:54:23 am »
I have recently started playing League of Legends and Counter Strike GO, and both games offer solutions to matchmaking, newb-friendlyness, account system with stats and friend-adding, report system against idiots, and much more. If we really expect soldat to somewhat compete with theese games we have no choice but to make Soldat 2.
I think the Soldat 2 title and everything around that is reserved for MM. Therefor I will ask him on his facebook page what his thoughts are about soldat 2.

a little off-topic but

there is simply no way for soldat to compete against games like LoL or WoW..these games are indeed very newb-friendly but that's also what destroys the game for the elites (atleast on WoW).
Simply said, it's a game made for profit and nothing else, i've been a very dedicated gamer on WoW.
Not even to mention these games have millions of money towards purposes any game would dream of.

And then here comes Soldat, if you're new here you barelly have any friendlyness speaking of specific servers where new players might be able to play or players that are willing to explain a little or help a hand.

So what I'm trying to say is, don't start/try changing something that wouldn't have any or barelly an effect.
People who play soldat nowadays pretty much like it as it is, it's slowly getting better and improved in many ways aswell
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #50 on: March 10, 2013, 03:19:14 pm »
As far as I know there have been many topics/threads about the future of soldat regarding suggestions/ideas development etc..

The point is they never lead to anything except discussions.

My idea for soldat is to start getting real. Everyone already basically knows the answers to what should happen..

Make a team get a bank account, accomplish something.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #51 on: March 10, 2013, 03:33:24 pm »
Just "doing something" is wrong. If you have no plan, you might land somewhere even more far away than when you only discuss things. But there is a team. There has to be a bank account, and things are being done. Don't pretend noone's doing anything but discuss.

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2013, 04:22:18 am »
Just "doing something" is wrong. If you have no plan, you might land somewhere even more far away than when you only discuss things. But there is a team. There has to be a bank account, and things are being done. Don't pretend noone's doing anything but discuss.

.. did you read my post at all..

yes you start with a team gj
yes you get a bank account yes gj
yes then things get done gj

Afaik theres no such team yet, and there's only discussions so far.

Offline Vos

• Soldier
« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2013, 05:18:42 am »

.. did you read my post at all..

yes you start with a team gj
yes you get a bank account yes gj
yes then things get done gj

Afaik theres no such team yet, and there's only discussions so far.
so what doesn't the development team do that is stated here?
They just have limited cash, that's it.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2013, 07:06:55 am »
It's not developed by a studio, it's developed by individuals doing this for free. Cash isn't an issue.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2013, 08:18:39 am »
It's not developed by a studio, it's developed by individuals doing this for free. Cash isn't an issue.
Exactly.

Offline bania656

• Major(1)
« Reply #56 on: April 02, 2013, 05:18:25 pm »
If they try to Soldat was available on Steam? Why not Soldat 2.0 with graphics look like Trine, that is 2D in 3d. I know it's far vision, but I think that it is not possible :D dreams...
P.S Screenshot od Trine:
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 05:20:29 pm by bania656 »

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #57 on: April 03, 2013, 02:24:54 am »
Side view doesn't mean it's 2D and nobody's going to want confusing and unreadable 3D environments to Soldat.

Offline bania656

• Major(1)
« Reply #58 on: April 03, 2013, 07:55:59 am »
So maybe something like that:

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #59 on: April 03, 2013, 04:55:19 pm »
What about vector style (nice for scaling)?
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod