Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.4b4 public beta ready for testing!  (Read 43043 times)

Offline `Kryptonite

• Major(1)
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.4b4 public beta ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2013, 12:03:53 am »
Dudes I threw my knife it hits the ground and a chainsaw appears, then I pick up the chainsaw and start pressing F and my chainsaw is throwing knives LOLOL

lmfao http://www.2shared.com/file/R7bMtWEe/2013-01-02_00-04-40_ctf_Ash.html
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 05:19:26 am by `Kryptonite »

Offline Cult

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: January 02, 2013, 12:09:05 am »
And you needed to be a cunt about it why? Would it not have been just as easy to of brought the matter to the devs who put in countless hours of THEIR spare time FREE of charge to benefit YOU and the rest of the community?

Offline KoGAi

• Major(1)
  • The Light of the Universe
« Reply #22 on: January 02, 2013, 12:46:38 am »
I'm very relieved and glad the countless bugs scripting-wise from earlier beta versions have finally been fixed. Nice job and thanks everyone for keeping it up.  [retard]
One thing I noticed- if you validate /say in OnCommand and use it to display whatever is inputted with WriteConsole, the output would result in displaying the text message twice with the normal *SERVER* and WriteConsole.
I remember there used to be a problem with implementing /info in the same way, so I'm wondering if the issue has now been replicated to other native commands like /say.

Oh, and... one more thing-
WORTHLESS

you

sir

CUNT oops i  mean CULT**
Kryptonite, are/were you not in ~dBa? Your feedback is embarrassing and ridiculously pointless. If you expect your servers/community to get any visits, you should start with showing some respect and appreciation to those who have been here longer than you.  ;)
=₳US7RAL|¹² is a growing Soldat Community making a difference by offering a wide variety of top-notch servers across North America- a new alternative to everyone.
Jump into our servers in NA with the new domain (austral12.com)! Check our Facebook Page.
_______
#austral12soldat @ QuakeNet ▲ facebook.com/AUS7RAL12 ▲ twitter.com/AUS7RAL12

Offline `Kryptonite

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: January 02, 2013, 01:25:52 am »
Funny thing is bro none of you have been here longer than me :P and my clan is ~dBa. btw. most people know how my personality is lmao i dont post here much though... and me and cult are just joking each other bro lighten up a little bit! Ill give as much ridiculously embarrassing feedback that I want to!  :o :o :o

Offline Tehbugerz0r

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2013, 01:34:32 am »
Stop arguing in this topic, if you must continue arguing, PM each other. The subject is Soldat 1.6.4 beta, keep to that.

It does feel better, I think I'll wait until the next beta to try out the new script core though.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2013, 01:36:12 am by Tehbugerz0r »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #25 on: January 02, 2013, 04:53:27 am »
Dudes I threw my knife it hits the ground and a chainsaw appears, then I pick up the chainsaw and start pressing F and my chainsaw is throwing knives LOLOL

Nice worthless beta you guys got here lmfao http://www.2shared.com/file/R7bMtWEe/2013-01-02_00-04-40_ctf_Ash.html

it's a client-server mismatch, the server you played in is a different version than your soldat client
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline `Kryptonite

• Major(1)
« Reply #26 on: January 02, 2013, 05:18:04 am »
Well if that's the case going to update our gather to beta so more ppl can test it out.

Offline Beowulf Agate

• Major
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2013, 06:14:41 am »
Got 1 grenade available while Max_Grenades=0 set in soldat.ini

Offline Vee

• Major(1)
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2013, 06:58:08 am »
Hi,
I've just installed beta version and could not start it up because it says "Could not initialize Directx Graphics" but I got already 9.0c. Installed full beta and also patched 1.6.3 and still the same problem.
I submitted already this problem to Shoozza but I've got question. Does anyone have that problem in beta or only me  ???

Offline `Kryptonite

• Major(1)
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2013, 07:39:02 am »
Clicking shoot while having knife out shouldn't make Shots go up on Knife %'s

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2013, 09:18:35 am »
been testing it for about an hour this noon, i personally dont think there has been changed much besides the bug fixes and the knife.

The knife's modification should be reversed, the modification was unnessecary at first and now after testing it it's pretty much useless in allot(rather most) of the situations.
if u throw it any other way besides the way ur moving to the knife is far to weak to reach its old range that it had before and also the power is very very weak if it even reaches your target, it's more like a floppy knife.

so all together, I suppose the update is great, there has been allot of attention to bug fixes which I like, just the knife modification is totally unnessecary and not worth choosing anymore as weapon.

ps: Please think about the knife only community about this matter!
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2013, 09:35:44 am »
Hi,
I've just installed beta version and could not start it up because it says "Could not initialize Directx Graphics" but I got already 9.0c. Installed full beta and also patched 1.6.3 and still the same problem.
I submitted already this problem to Shoozza but I've got question. Does anyone have that problem in beta or only me  ???
I know where and when it happens. I guess it's happening only on old hardware. The next beta will have a fix so make sure you test it.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2013, 10:48:40 am »
- Fixed not being able to move while proned and reloading #188
I think this might have been intentional... must be hard running in prone while reloading...

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2013, 11:12:28 am »
how about removing the standing up animation altogether? this way "running" wouldn't be based on bug abusing anymore, you wouldn't need to fuck with the nade delay and going fast would become more simple. i don't see simplifying the advanced movementzzz that little as a bad thing at all, the real skill comes from balancing between movements and aiming anyway.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2013, 12:00:59 pm »
how about removing the standing up animation altogether? this way "running" wouldn't be based on bug abusing anymore, you wouldn't need to fuck with the nade delay and going fast would become more simple. i don't see simplifying the advanced movementzzz that little as a bad thing at all, the real skill comes from balancing between movements and aiming anyway.
We have to figure out a better way first. Prone cancel was actually "fixed" in one of the private betas but people complained.
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline Rainy

• Major(1)
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2013, 12:05:32 pm »
[Bug]
- While reloading one can slide on ice
- While changing weapon one can slide on ice
- Holding nade button will only throw one nade, then it stops
- When something explodes near player, such as nade or m79 bullet, it takes like 0.2 seconds for the boost to effect the player
- Dropping a weapon has similiar interval like the exploding bug above
- Shoot + sliding causes weird bouncing on ice
- Shoot + throw weapon = weird bug.
- Chainsaw is long? (Most likely not a bug)

[Feedback]
- Thanks for all the work. We all appreciate it.
- Players really do move much more smoothly

That's what I've found out so far.
Feel free to add me on skype : rainyboy2037

Offline TheOne

• Soldier
« Reply #36 on: January 02, 2013, 01:16:02 pm »
All these are in the changelog already:

- While reloading one can slide on ice
- While changing weapon one can slide on ice
http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=188

- Holding nade button will only throw one nade, then it stops
http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=180

- Chainsaw is long? (Most likely not a bug)
v
- Modified Chainsaw to deal damage in a line all along its blade instead of just at the tip

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #37 on: January 02, 2013, 01:16:29 pm »
[Bug]
- While reloading one can slide on ice  (not a bug)
- While changing weapon one can slide on ice (not a bug)
- Holding nade button will only throw one nade, then it stops (not a bug)
- When something explodes near player, such as nade or m79 bullet, it takes like 0.2 seconds for the boost to effect the player (lag maybe)
- Dropping a weapon has similiar interval like the exploding bug above (lag maybe)
- Shoot + sliding causes weird bouncing on ice (?_? demo)
- Shoot + throw weapon = weird bug. (You mean you can throw the weapon in the direction you want now? its a new fix if thats the case)
- Chainsaw is long? (Most likely not a bug) (New made like that)

Offline Rainy

• Major(1)
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2013, 02:06:25 pm »
Sry bout the stuff I posted above, I was too lazy to check the changelog. Please forgive me. :3

Demo here
Feel free to add me on skype : rainyboy2037

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2013, 02:24:02 pm »
Sry bout the stuff I posted above, I was too lazy to check the changelog. Please forgive me. :3

Demo here

I watched your demo, and it doesn't seems like a bug to me, you are simply not able to throw your weapon while shooting.. Why would you drop it anyway while shooting that makes no sense