Author Topic: Is this game dead?  (Read 13767 times)

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
Re: Is this game dead?
« Reply #40 on: July 10, 2013, 08:41:42 am »
If someone has cancer you might also call him dead and Soldat has cancer as well.
The problem is that there are not enough ppl. coming from outside and the time will come when the players who play soldat right now step away from it.
The game has been led totally wrong in the past years.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #41 on: July 10, 2013, 08:55:54 am »
Soldat is a 10 year old 2d game, some decrease in playerbase was expected especially when games like League of legends are in their prime. Iif we continue our efforts along with devs we can prolong it's death by atleast few years.Truth to be told soldat doesn't have anything to offer for new players. Let's get into newbie skin who downloads soldat joins any server and gets DESTROYED by everyone, then rages and probably never picks it up again.

We are soldats
We do not bleed
and if it doesnt bleed you cant kill it

Im chill like that

Offline Majoman

• Major(1)
« Reply #42 on: July 10, 2013, 03:55:11 pm »
Will be easy to bring it back from its death once it gets new graphics and a working anticheat. Waste of time discussing placing it on Steam or advertising it in any other way before these two things happen. And they won't happen while there's a group of demotivated developers working on a game. As things stand right now, everybody who hasn't spend most of his/her childhood in the 90's will just puke and ALT+F4 right after he/she double-clicks on soldat.exe.

It's rly cool the devs are focusing on little things like bullet shells having a slight randomness in their velocity or making flags less likely to get stuck in polygons. Better than nothing. But for remaking the whole graphics and getting a decent anticheat working, you need to pay the guys. Nobody will do time consuming things in his free time just like that. I've already told Fryer the devs should consider launching a Bitcoin fundraising, where there'd be some amount of BTC required to be donated before a certain bug is fixed or a feature added. The game's not gettin' anywhere right now. Either find a way to motivate ppl working on it, or just fuck it, open source it and let it go its own way, whether it'd mean  the game dying or being reborn in some obscure way.

« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:09:19 pm by Majoman »

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #43 on: July 11, 2013, 01:29:38 am »
Soldat isn't *dead* until people stop playing the game and this forum stops getting hits. This forum still gets a bunch of posts every day. Games that are dead have forums that are just as dead.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #44 on: July 11, 2013, 06:26:53 am »
Soldat isn't *dead* until people stop playing the game and this forum stops getting hits. This forum still gets a bunch of posts every day. Games that are dead have forums that are just as dead.
there is no future for the game though, from looking at the efforts put in to the game.

since 1.4 there has been that many useless changes, something drastic needs to happen to keep people interested.
That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

DarkCrusade

« Reply #45 on: July 11, 2013, 08:26:18 am »
Like upgrading all the old default maps to visually appealing ones. I have yet to receive message by the mapping team for some suggestions for replacements. I am growing angry a little about such manners, because it's been weeks without reply, and even after another short note, nothing. It's frustrating to bother with mapping, so I moved on to other projects. One thing at a time. The development team is doing great progress for people who are dedicated enough to do the job absolutly for free. I, for one, very much enjoy the new found capabilities for scripting.

One by one.

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #46 on: July 11, 2013, 12:26:58 pm »
Like upgrading all the old default maps to visually appealing ones. I have yet to receive message by the mapping team for some suggestions for replacements. I am growing angry a little about such manners, because it's been weeks without reply, and even after another short note, nothing. It's frustrating to bother with mapping, so I moved on to other projects. One thing at a time. The development team is doing great progress for people who are dedicated enough to do the job absolutly for free. I, for one, very much enjoy the new found capabilities for scripting.

One by one.

About any changes to the maps you should probably contact Zakath directly. He is in charge of this stuff.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #47 on: July 11, 2013, 12:46:36 pm »

One by one.

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Majoman

• Major(1)
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2013, 06:04:34 pm »
Man, wow! How did that not become default already?

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2013, 06:10:31 pm »
Man, wow! How did that not become default already?
Because they're busy putting in maps like ctf_crucifix in the game.

Offline Boots

• Veteran
  • I Am Iron Man
« Reply #50 on: July 11, 2013, 07:19:02 pm »
The development team is doing great progress for people who are dedicated enough to do the job absolutly for free. I, for one, very much enjoy the new found capabilities for scripting.

One by one.
Do the players really care about more scripting capabilities?

That girl's a genius
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh
I think she's serious
Whoa oh oh oh oh oh oh

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #51 on: July 11, 2013, 07:28:49 pm »
The development team is doing great progress for people who are dedicated enough to do the job absolutly for free. I, for one, very much enjoy the new found capabilities for scripting.

One by one.

Everyone only plays in servers that are scripted to hell and back, so yeah.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2013, 03:30:40 am »

One by one.

not really, zabijaka and one shit kill servers are sort of the only popular ones, they only have basic scripts.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2013, 10:29:31 am »

Uh oh, yeah we should just forget about the competitive community altogether. Why should anyone give fucks about the tiny, meaningless group of people who just happen to have played the game for five to ten years.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2013, 12:22:56 pm »

Uh oh, yeah we should just forget about the competitive community altogether. Why should anyone give fucks about the tiny, meaningless group of people who just happen to have played the game for five to ten years.

not really, zabijaka and one shit kill servers are sort of the only popular ones, they only have basic scripts.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. My point is that, at this point, scripting is important. Not that nonscripted servers are unimportant.

Dusty, I've played for going on 10 years myself, and I do prefer servers that don't have scripts altering gameplay; I just feel like more than a few of the popular servers in the lobby are scripted to have role playing elements and so on.

Offline Irlandec

• Soldier
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2013, 03:15:29 pm »
This game won't be dead if it has players and people who care about it.

Offline aint`bazz

• Major(1)
« Reply #56 on: July 13, 2013, 03:30:46 am »
How about saying that development of soldat is dead instead? Seems like nothing major or important was improved in last 2 years..

DarkCrusade

« Reply #57 on: July 13, 2013, 04:21:45 am »
How about no?

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #58 on: July 13, 2013, 04:35:20 am »
How about saying that development of soldat is dead instead? Seems like nothing major or important was improved in last 2 years..
They have fixed some netcode issues for the next patch... not sure if it'll ever be released though.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #59 on: July 13, 2013, 04:48:44 am »
not sure if it'll ever be released though.
Shoozza:
I know that this version takes way to long already that's why I want to release Soldat in the next two weeks. We shouldn't delay it too much...
The stuff that is currently missing:
Simple Intro
Some Bugfixes (see bugtracker Product version 1.6.4rc2)
Manual updates

http://forums.soldat.pl/index.php?topic=42722.0;topicseen
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |