Author Topic: Extremely necessary changes  (Read 5181 times)

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
Re: Extremely necessary changes
« Reply #20 on: January 04, 2013, 03:13:47 pm »
No, I did take Sonic very seriously as a kid and I was terribly horrified and mentally abused and my game experience was utterly ruined because Knuckles character was red.

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2013, 06:08:00 pm »
Man did not understands the reasons of his own reactions. He just like the game or does not like the game. Why ?  He did not now. It depends on many factors, and suche little secrets about red color is one of them. You never understand it at all why do you love a game "A" and do not love a game "B". So, never analyze yourself in this way, please. It is useless. But gamedeveloper must do such kind of work - he must understend more. To make his job well done he must pay attantion on a such factors player never think about and did not know about it. Player just say WOW and play, or say Nah.. No.. and take a rest. To make him say "WoW i will play" developer must do a titanic work and must have a tons of knowledge that are not visible to outsiders.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2013, 06:10:18 pm by raySniperLine »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2013, 06:10:26 pm »
i get your point ray and to a degree you're right, but i'm pretty sure the shirt colours in soldat are not the case
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead
<+AThousandD> shit happens

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2013, 02:18:47 am »
Buy the way. In Soldat there is a pretty cool methot to tell how much health remained on healthbar without need to look at the corner of screan (valuable seconds of game action are saving). Charecter bleeds when health is low. It is very usefull idia. So on red shirt it lookes less distinctly.

And second one. If you like Soldat and you play it pretty well - in that case color is not a factor of gameplay quality. You will play the game just little less than you can with out pay attantion on it. Red shirt is critical for first time player - the task is to make a good impression and make him play little longer to make the game memorized. So it is the method to rise up Soldat comunity.     

I've got an idea. We can change color of the shirt from red in to brown Pink and call this team - Red Team. Most important to stop showing a color of blood on a character. I think it is a good solution.    
Сurrent color of shirt is very scarlet. Too close to blood color.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 10:44:29 am by raySniperLine »

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #24 on: January 05, 2013, 12:53:20 pm »
so you're suggesting something like Burgundy vs Bravo or something completely diff from red

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #25 on: January 05, 2013, 02:18:36 pm »
Yes.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #26 on: January 05, 2013, 03:13:22 pm »
I always preferred to be in alpha over bravo...

Offline DorkeyDear

• Veteran
  • I also go by Curt or menturi
« Reply #27 on: January 06, 2013, 07:24:28 pm »
Personally, I always felt that red was easier to see than blue; thus why I had a preference to play as a blue bravo over a red alpha.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #28 on: January 06, 2013, 08:02:36 pm »
Personally, I always felt that red was easier to see than blue; thus why I had a preference to play as a blue bravo over a red alpha.
I noticed that bravo's blue color stands out less than Alpha, Charlie and Delta.

This probably gives a slight advantage to the bravo team in ctf.

Offline McWise

• Major
  • The HiHo is unleashed
« Reply #29 on: January 07, 2013, 08:28:49 am »
I always wanted to play Luigi, not Mario, because the color red made me sad.

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2013, 01:41:39 pm »
I don't think in 1981 year when Mario come out in Donkey Kong some one in game industry new about such kind of law.

I allmost forgot one more argument. Every where if we see the false we can not grasp it at all but we undoubtedly feel it. Some where in movie we can find out some false and ufter that moment we lose contact with action. If some one say lie you never belive him in future. And so on. In game industry there is a same story.

In Soldat we got tha same crucial mistake. If you take a hit from enemy bullet you pushed out. This is very natural and perfect effect wich adds naturalness in to game. But in this effect about conservation of momentum we got a nonsens. Believe me, every first time player notice realy strange something: bulet with help of it's kinetic energy pushes enemy out (during a moment of hiting him), but the same bulet DID NOT pushes his character when it leaving the trunk.

Belive me, first time player notice every thing. He got a very critical view. So if game got some critical number of fakes like this first time player can live the battle forever. So for gamedesigner there is a task - to deprive game from all kind of lies seen by first time player. If he succeed - first time player will becomes a fan. If he does not - first time player can never come back to the game. So we can play Soldat in every case, regardless on the little fakes. But for Soldat succeed it is very critical option becouse many first time players can never become a fan for that reson.

In ather side conservation of momentum will give opportunity for a very usefull triks for a hardcore gamers thay never had befor.  To correct there trajectory in way thay naver do before - with help of some shots in right direction using conservation of momentum. Conservation of momentum will transform Soldat in to a totaly different game we may proud of. And as second effect it will increase the popularity of game through elimination of inconsistencies seen by first time players.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 05:14:13 pm by raySniperLine »

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #31 on: January 12, 2013, 12:53:26 am »
Are you serious?
I don't really think you'd get much of a push back from being hit... and shooting a gun won't really alter your movement velocity.

Well, just to come up with some stupid explanation to make you happy, the rounds may be explosive rounds. Wooo, everything is logical again, and new players won't be put off by the terribly unrealistic bullet physics.

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #32 on: January 12, 2013, 04:21:17 pm »
Do not worry about me. I got all kind of explanation for such of things. I got them, but first time player do not have, that is a point.

Every thing i talking about is alphabet for gamedesigner. For player it is obscurity or cause for debate.

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #33 on: January 13, 2013, 08:00:29 pm »
maybe you can make a poll on a different website like mmohut and see what type of results you get

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2013, 05:43:46 am »
If i understand you in right way you ask me to ask players about conservation of momentum. If it is it i assure you - player understand nothing about himsalf. Only in very obvious errors (in Soldat there was such a mistake - the gun started to reload by pressing "reload" in any case is it full or not) player can start to thinking. But in global mistakes relative to gameplay players are totally blind. Only first time player can notice and appreciate good gameplay, innovations and gameplay mistakes. At the time when first time player becomes fan he completely forgets every thing what he thought about a game in first time he play. It is our mind and rules it workes. In first time seen man you can tell everything about him, but whan you starting business with him he becomes to you as a totaly other person. Not becose you understand him better, or got to know him closely and know him better. No. The matter is - you did not want to know a lot of things about him. First time thoughts can't lie we just ORDER does not think about the bad if we need it. So Soldat fan can't see a lot of things about soldat just becose we don't want to see a things as they are. This is ABC psychology. But inside our salves we understand everything, and never realize it at all becose it is dangerous for everyday life, to know and accept the truth so (or as) it is.
So what we can do ? We got a professionals and several man who teach thamself to remember thoughts regardless of what, whan and how did thay came. It is very hard belive me, but very usefull if you whant to see a truth as he is. Everyone can start to train yourself. When i was a boy i got an older brothers, thay taught me a lot so i got some leg-up in very felicitous time of my self development. We must understand - the core question about gamedesighn are lie far from players understanding.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2013, 08:22:05 am »
(in Soldat there was such a mistake - the gun started to reload by pressing "reload" in any case is it full or not)
? That's what you'd expect from any game...

Anyway, you seem to have little to no understanding of psychological things and human behavior.

Somebody new to a game won't have the understanding of the gameplay and will need to play it some to get an idea. Nobody can judge a games gameplay by first glance, so yes, they are blind. Forgetting about bad assumptions is a good thing, and something would have to be really stale and boring for assumptions to be completely correct.

When you first see a person you know nothing about him, you're making assumptions based on look, manners, attitude etc. When you'd start a business with him (wtf do you mean with that, friendship or a business?) you'd start knowing him better and your possibly wrong assumptions are corrected, because you're exposed to his personality, desires and ideas.

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2013, 10:36:24 am »
(in Soldat there was such a mistake - the gun started to reload by pressing "reload" in any case is it full or not)

If gun is full of bullets you can't reload it, it is law in all games. Soldat was only game in history of game industry in which character started reloading the gun in time there was no need to be reloaded. 5 or 6 years along it was it in Soldat and everyone play it.  What do i trying to say - Soldat is very far from it's best condition he can reach.

About your understanding of yourself - believe me, we do not know ourselv. For myself i am a biggest mystery in the world, becose of something from the land of truth can kill me if i get it through. And everybody is in a same situation. Only subconscious new everything, but he can not tell us so easily everything we need. So if you need to make a good game, you must understand who you realy are and what kind of truth you can realy catch to analyze to. So if you did not change yoursalf to find out how to see more you will never be able to see something REALY usefull.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 01:42:42 pm by raySniperLine »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2013, 02:38:16 pm »

If gun is full of bullets you can't reload it, it is law in all games. Soldat was only game in history of game industry in which character started reloading the gun in time there was no need to be reloaded. 5 or 6 years along it was it in Soldat and everyone play it.

im pretty sure there are many other games like that
Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead

Offline raySniperLine

• Major(1)
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2013, 03:18:21 pm »
If i make my self not so clear here is an example. Example: in CS you need reload and you push reload. So the gun ufter that is no need to be reloaded becose it is fool of bulets. So if you push reload secondary nothing will happend, your character will not start reloading process and make thamselv defenseless (on a time you need to finish reload process). If you fire one single bullet you will be able to reload secondary, but not befor that. So in Soldat history there was a time when you start reload every time you push reload button notwithstanding of do you need a reload or not. You push reload - you lose several second and do yourself sefendles on several second. It was nonsens, but it was Soldat with a huge margin of safety for mistakes it got. Soldat idia is so strong, that it can do contain in a working game a tons of huge mistakes and the crude in gameplay details. But it does not mean we will accept all this mistakes in Soldat. All mistakes must be removed and there is a possibility to improve.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2013, 03:20:14 pm by raySniperLine »

Offline Mittsu

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2013, 04:02:14 pm »
if you mean a literally full clip, then no, it's not possible to reload a full magazine in soldat

Realistic-Soldat.net
<+elerok> soldat is dead