Author Topic: hello I am a new soldat player  (Read 2068 times)

Offline www.manicdreams.net

• Major(1)
  • throwing [verb] knives !!
    • Manic Dreams Network - 21st Century Publishing & Media™
hello I am a new soldat player
« on: January 18, 2013, 09:16:36 am »
Just found this gem of a game a few weeks ago with an old buddy of mine...

1.) super impressed--this game is awesome
2.) why didn't I find this earlier?

You can find "mookie" and I playing around on public servers.

Weapon of choice: throwing knives w/ barrett secondary

about me: I write and create art for a living! Chess and table tennis are my two go-tos as far as hobbies though soldat seems to be finding its way in!

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
Re: hello I am a new soldat player
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2013, 10:27:48 am »
Glad you like it. We got some awesome improvements planned for the upcoming versions.

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2013, 11:04:07 am »
Now that you've introduced yourself, can you tell us what your username means?
There are other worlds than these

Offline Arrow/Freeman

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Major
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2013, 05:44:21 pm »
Welcome! Enjoy the game = )

Offline Rainy

• Major(1)
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2013, 03:24:26 am »
Glad to see you enjoy Soldat. :)
Feel free to add me on skype : rainyboy2037

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2013, 10:44:23 am »
welcome!

and i'm also interrested in this:
Now that you've introduced yourself, can you tell us what your username means?
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2013, 12:10:35 am »
hey & thanks for the welcoming!! ;D

www.manicdreams.net is the website for Manic Dreams Network, my flagship / pseudonym for my publications. Basically I am an eccentric artist who has a lot of ideas and MDN is where I convert them into reality. I have two major publications and a long list of projects currently in the making. The reason why my player name is the website is because there is no separation between my life and these dreams.

This past New Years Eve I self-published my first book. It is a collection of essays about life & the universe called "44v1: Universi"; it's philosophical & inspirational in nature. My goal with 44v1: Universi is to change lives. There are 44 main essays and 25 sub-essays. Though they are uncommon in topic, there is more cohesion, resolution, and unity than you may at first / second / or third glance perceive them to have. You can buy it for $4.47, but getting eyes / ears / reviews is more important to me right now so if you want me to email you a free copy I can do that and give you the opportunity to see & experience it before buying it, no strings. Here is the link to it on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/44v1-Universi-ebook/dp/B00AVFM4YO/; and you can contact me through the manic dreams website for your free copy using this form @ http://manicdreams.net/contact/

Manic Dreams Network began when I self-published my first major work called "The Chronicles of Mania." It is a mixed-media documentary chronicling a semi-autobiographical story of bipolar 1 disorder. It's a huge work--took me 3 1/2 years to do-- and is completely free & online. My goal with The Chronicles of Mania is to empower the individual, to give them inner and outer courage to say to the world, "I am who I am and I am not afraid to say it or be transparent with it on the world's greatest stage." You can check it out by going to http://thechroniclesofmania.com. First thing you will see is a video which is about 3 minutes long--I recommend full screen & high volume!

me @ manic dreams network headquarters :)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 03:00:34 am by www.manicdreams.net »

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2013, 04:27:24 am »
I could request one copy of the book...you know...in case it's gonna turn out to be a best-seller. :D
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #8 on: January 28, 2013, 06:55:45 am »
wow didn't expect that to come as an answer... haha nice advertising though :P best of luck!
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2013, 11:46:07 am »
^Vos
Haha, yeah I take interest pretty seriously. It's a homegrown & currently small (my desk is an old kitchen table) operation so I try to maximize every response and impression. It goes back to there being no separation-- I live for the dream and I will die for the dream!

^Furai
There's a copy of 44 with your name on it, just shoot me a contact when you want to receive it!

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2013, 12:54:12 pm »
First of all, welcome to the game! It is very good to know that even though Soldat may be reaching darkest hours, there are still people constantly joining this community and caring about the game.

I wish you the best of luck with your company, I hope you get to reach all your goals. I had a chance to briefly talk to you (remember, the Terra server?), and you seem like a very nice person. Hope you keep playing this game! :D
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2013, 05:18:39 pm »
Ah, yes! The omniscient server voice!

Just like how fashion seems to reinvent itself by going back into the past and celebrating older styles, I believe games like soldat have an impending, future value as gamers shift away from the Big Titled Companies who emphasize graphics, sales, and continued rehashments of the same title (Assassins Creed, Call of Duty, etc.).

The shift from modern technology to solid gameplay (especially multiplayer & especially games with deep learning curves like soldat) is for sure within the future's cards.

In the end people like quality games. Soldat is a quality game. If the developers aren't sick of it or abandoning it, I wouldn't jump into a certain kind of despair about how large or small the community is or is becoming!