Author Topic: Line damage grenade  (Read 7832 times)

Offline Mason

• Major(1)
Line damage grenade
« on: January 25, 2013, 04:05:34 pm »
Hi. Is there such a possibility, to outline a zone of defeat of the grenade? When you throw a grenade you see red line (or other color, or it can be animation)? And if you are outside of this red line, you will know, that grenade not damage you.
Something like that (just example):

« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 04:07:49 pm by Mason »

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
Re: Line damage grenade
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 04:27:53 pm »
would make the nade easy to avoid

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 05:07:29 pm »
I suspect it's doable by doing custom gfx mod.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Mason

• Major(1)
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2013, 08:45:10 am »
I suspect it's doable by doing custom gfx mod.
No you can't do that!
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 10:53:34 am by Mason »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2013, 11:16:01 am »
No you can't do that!

Of course it is possible. All that is necessary is the radius in which damage is inflicted to players.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2013, 11:29:33 am »
No you can't do that!

Of course it is possible.

Perhaps you should try it first.

Offline Mason

• Major(1)
« Reply #6 on: January 26, 2013, 12:52:58 pm »
No you can't do that!

Of course it is possible. All that is necessary is the radius in which damage is inflicted to players.
may be tell us step by step what to do ?

when i edited frag-grenade.bmp i got this:

« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 01:02:49 pm by Mason »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #7 on: January 26, 2013, 01:17:43 pm »
We need official information about the radius of the explosion first.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2013, 02:28:35 pm »
It's the same when you are standing on the ground and some of your shoes disappears into the ground. If that's what you're talking about?
Hmm no, that's not what you're talking about
How about editing explotion bmp's  Or is that too late for you?

Btw, what you're talking about is sort of.. cheating
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 02:38:50 pm by homerofgods »

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2013, 02:54:53 pm »
You won't be able to achieve that since sprites are aligned by the left upper corner.

For example:

This:

Will be aligned like this in soldat:

You could mod the explosion tho.

Offline Mason

• Major(1)
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2013, 04:05:52 pm »
Bistoufly 1. i mean that this nade with a circle area, is on a body of the player, and all players, not only on the thrown grenade - this the first problem!
2. The second problem is - picture with line damage nade behind textures  but not over the top of them!

And explosion it another, does not apply to what we are talking.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2013, 04:17:16 pm by Mason »

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2013, 03:02:58 am »
What's next? Show you the FOV (field of view) of other players?

Btw, what you're talking about is sort of.. cheating

DarkCrusade

« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2013, 03:47:31 pm »
It ain't cheating to use custom gfx. After all there are gfx-mods that let you see one's health. There are interfaces that give you a great visual field opposed to the one you gain from the default interface. If it was possible to visually show the range of a grenade nade-boosting would be a lot easier - and especially when you enhance the boost with a blast of your M79. Others disable all gfx so they can see campers. Others decrease their gamma settings to spot stealthed enemies more easily. Of course there always is the question to asked whether or not this is fair, but if the devs wanted stuff like that to be not possible they would already have fixed it.

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2013, 04:29:46 pm »
It ain't cheating to use custom gfx. After all there are gfx-mods that let you see one's health. There are interfaces that give you a great visual field opposed to the one you gain from the default interface. If it was possible to visually show the range of a grenade nade-boosting would be a lot easier - and especially when you enhance the boost with a blast of your M79. Others disable all gfx so they can see campers. Others decrease their gamma settings to spot stealthed enemies more easily. Of course there always is the question to asked whether or not this is fair, but if the devs wanted stuff like that to be not possible they would already have fixed it.
uhhh yeah bro modding soldat to have an advantage over others is cheating btw i only read the first sentence

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2013, 08:47:08 pm »
uhhh yeah bro modding soldat to have an advantage over others is cheating btw i only read the first sentence
What are you, 14? Welcome to the competitive scene with REAL competitive games, there's a big difference between in having the authenticity to customize graphics for better client side performance/precision and having an illicit program running in the background, giving you extra momentum speed and homing bullets. You might as well be saying that optimizing a faster mouse sensitivity is cheating, it is not.. isn't it?
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 08:48:39 pm by smiluu »

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2013, 09:56:59 pm »
Welcome to the competitive scene with REAL competitive games

Last time that I checked we're playing Soldat here and the rules concerning graphical modifications in the biggest tournaments are rather strict.

Offline Adam

• Camper
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2013, 04:05:36 pm »
What are you, 14? Welcome to the competitive scene with REAL competitive games, there's a big difference between in having the authenticity to customize graphics for better client side performance/precision and having an illicit program running in the background, giving you extra momentum speed and homing bullets. You might as well be saying that optimizing a faster mouse sensitivity is cheating, it is not.. isn't it?

uhhh i said anything that modded soldat to have an advantage over others would be called cheating and also i am part of the competitive scene WELCOME BOO

Offline smiluu

• Flagrunner
  • Put your farts in my pussy
    • LOLOKAUST MSPAINT PLEASURE POND
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2013, 07:14:53 pm »
Last time that I checked we're playing Soldat here and the rules concerning graphical modifications in the biggest tournaments are rather strict.
Last time I checked the rules, they were dumb and repulsive. Last time I checked, the duel scene outright through sucked, there was no depth to it, no strategy involved, map layout held no meaning, no different phases or dis-/ advantage situations, just cat and mouse running and gunning with different mazes. This turns out to be still the case, but it's the game's fault, not the rules' which by the way sucked as well. As a way to spend time it's a pass, but as a competitive game mode it's a miserable failure. Basically I'm only into dueling in games so I know just that and I don't know how the scene works for team games here, but really? I have never been a part of any 'big' tournament, has there always been a restriction to configurations? That's bullshit and that's a no wonder why nobody sticks to Soldat anymore.

uhhh i said anything that modded soldat to have an advantage over others would be called cheating and also i am part of the competitive scene WELCOME BOO
What the fuck, I know what you said. Modded Soldat is a preference of an individual player and doable by anyone equally with the possibility, approval if not also the recommendation of the developers in it for everyone to either use (better readability/performance) or not (visually more appealing) depending on what the individual himself desires. Forcing the background colour, turning off textures/sceneries, turning off unnecessary sound effects or simplifying the hud and graphics is no fucking cheating.

I don't think a nade explosion radius is cheating, if it's doable with legit modification then it's genius.

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2013, 07:47:31 pm »
I don't think a nade explosion radius is cheating, if it's doable with legit modification then it's genius.
Ofc. it is cheating. You neednĀ“t make an external tool to call it a "cheat".
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2013, 08:07:56 pm »
Duels

Haha, I didn't know 1vs1 was played actively by any other than some public barrett heros. I really didn't even know there was an actual scene for dueling.

As for the "biggest tournaments" I mainly meant the SCTFL and the scene around it. If you're claiming that the age old rules of the tournament in question has had a harmful effect on the playerbase, you should probably find out yourself. (spoiler: without 3v3 CTF clan scene the game would be a lot more dead than it is now.)