Author Topic: Voxel-based terrain  (Read 4312 times)

Offline r0land

• Major(1)
Re: Voxel-based terrain
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2013, 05:32:43 pm »
@r0land: Your project looks promising. How much time do you guys think you need for a first public version? I only looked at your site cursorily, so maybe I missed something.

Thanks for your interest in Storm2D. If all goes well we may release on the Soldat forums in a week or two. No guarantees though  :) I have some things still to get done and can only work part time at the moment (I'm also studying at university) so depends on my workload.

also why didn't they just switch to c++/C# when it first came? would've had a complete new soldat by now

People underestimate how much work goes into programming a game. As said by DarkCrusade Soldat was coded in delphi with an old version of directX. To make a new version of Soldat it would almost have to be done entirely from scratch. Since MM became occupied with other games (such as Link-Dead and KAG) there hasn't been anyone prepared to spend the time coding a C++ version of Soldat. This is understandable, I estimate for a decent game it would probably take two years of work from a small dev team. Saying that, if MM did it he could probably get the game done much faster :)

Offline L[0ne]R

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • need a life. looking for donors.
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2013, 03:56:44 pm »
Well, all I can say at this point is "Good luck". The game looks promising and I really hope it will at some point become Soldat's successor and be just as popular as Soldat was back in the days. Keep us posted. :)

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #22 on: May 08, 2013, 05:51:13 am »
Cleaned topic a bit, any off-topic posts will be deleted from now on.

Im chill like that