Author Topic: Advanced CTF (Current version: 0.6)  (Read 4833 times)

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
Re: Advanced CTF (Updated)
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2013, 04:43:19 am »
Turrets are invisible so my idea is to get rid of them as they create a lot of confusion among players. Also mines shouldnt spawn automatically and spawnkill opponents we should be able to plant a mine wherever we want(except too close to flags) with a /mine command.

Im chill like that

DarkCrusade

« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2013, 07:14:57 am »
I agree that mines are a bit too strong right now, so I will change it to how you suggested it, like mines are best known, but I will not remove the automatic turrets, as they are only bugged a little, but I got that covered with the next update ;) Turrets will have a visible effect and players will be able to see the bullets. The thing was that the speed should've been around 20-30 and I accidently set it to 200. No wonder it insta-killed anyone coming too near, he? :P
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 07:41:01 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2013, 08:06:33 am »
The thing is player are shooting towards turrets believing its actual invisible player

Im chill like that

DarkCrusade

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2013, 02:18:22 pm »
New version is out (0.5):

Code: [Select]
Changelog 0.4 -> 0.5
- Added  - HP balance system: killer gets 20% of lost HP of victims; newly joined players get HP depending on the average on the server
- Added  - M79 and M72 limited to 1 per team
- Added  - Added admin commands
- Fixed   - Turret appearance and balance
- Fixed   - Turret will be transferred to new team if balanced
- Fixed   - HUD displaying buffs wrongly
- Fixed   - Buffs end now once you join spectators
- Fixed   - Mines blowing up allies if their ID is equal to the number of their team
- Fixed   - Knife Flurry will now grant a predator box after 5 kills
- Nerfed  - HP regeneration uses 150 as a fixed value instead of player's maximum HP (which can go as far as 500)
- Nerfed  - Only one nuclear belt rewarded; nuclear belt's bullets slowed down

I promised to add a toplist already, but I have to delay it a little to test the script. The development is going really fast, and maybe too fast. Thorough bugtesting will show if the script is ready for more action ;)

Offline Maniek

• Major(1)
« Reply #44 on: June 01, 2013, 12:39:51 am »
Playing in this advanced ctf is fun ofc but imo too chaotic. I mean for example I can score 3 times in a row with a little luck and unfortunately die, then all my bonuses are lost, and gaining them again isn't easy. So all I'll have atm and probably for some time is extra health.

My suggestion is make bonuses (levels) lasts to the end of map, some passive ones ofc. I through a little about them and here is my view of this.

-AK/MP5...
1. Nuclear Belt
Like it works now but with 33% chance to trigger upon death.
2. DNA Boost
But a little diffrent; grants 75 hp to the minimal amount, so you can't drop below 225.
3. Morale
All team grants temporary 20 hp more or less, like now with Supplies bonus. Also 3% dmg bonus, and it lasts to the end of map, and also stacks with another ones.

-M79
1. Resistance
Mini DNA Boost, something around 20 extra hp.
2. Self-shield
Something like Mana Shield in the Hexer mod without healing effect, lasts I think maybe 3 seconds. It would be triggered when you are near efc, or when you holding flag and there are some amount of enemies around you, like 2, ofc it would have a long cooldown. Sounds op isn't it? But there is m79 limit per team so I think its isn't that bad idea. And why not actual Revive bonus? When i played its never worked for me, also whole idea with this spell is imo mistaken. Back to the life is imporatant maybe in survival mode, but not in normal.
3. Warstandard
Allies close to their flag are buffed by regeneration.

So this is my huge suggestion, and I know if you'll gonna use it, you will have alot of work, also balance will be screwed up again. So fell free to throw out a half of this, or even all if you don't like it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 01:23:34 am by Maniek »

DarkCrusade

« Reply #45 on: June 01, 2013, 05:21:00 am »
Great suggestions :) I am currently trying to find one major bug, and then I will be able to work on the stuff you suggested.

EDIT: I just obliterated the bug that kept me from adding anything to the script with a pleasure beyond compare :) The script is up and running again on the server listed in the first post. Right now, supplies has been changed to poison bullets (damage over time).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 06:15:47 am by DarkCrusade »

Offline Maniek

• Major(1)
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2013, 09:10:00 am »
What about gaining multiple bonuses becouse of playing with diffrent weapons? Mixing them doesn't sounds bad, but it might be problematic. I know almost nothing about scripting; to prevent reward you by wrong bonus maybe script should be able to store information about your weapon kills, and then when you level up, you will be rewarded by bonus what fits to your highest weapon kills value. Ofc if its possible. For example when player kill 2 ppl with spas, and 1 with knife, when he cap his bonus will be I guess belt, and next time he'll gain next bonuses from this "tree".

DarkCrusade

Re: Advanced CTF (0.5 -> 0.6)
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2013, 05:02:00 pm »
Version 0.6 is now running on the server! Check the first post for the changelog and the updated description.

@Maniek: So you would only receive bonuses from the category that you have the most kills with? So if I kill 5 guys with my knife and only 3 with my Ruger, I will get Knife Flurry? Mmmmmmh, dunno. But I added "Warstandard" and modified "DNA Boost", "Supplies" and "Nuclear Belt" like you suggested ;)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 05:12:19 pm by DarkCrusade »

Offline Maniek

• Major(1)
Re: Advanced CTF (Current version: 0.6)
« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2013, 05:33:51 am »
I did mistake, I gave a wrong example. My point is some situation like killing ppl with m79, gaining levels, and in the middle of fight changeing weapon to another one like spas, and then mix bonuses. About Knife Flurry, it don't have more levels yet, only one, so when this system would be added, this bonus should be temporary disabled imo, or made additional ones. You could combine knife with saw and last level of this tree (which helps your whole team) may be zombies spawn or something.

But anyway good job.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 05:37:10 am by Maniek »