Author Topic: Distortion on accoustic tracks  (Read 1300 times)

DarkCrusade

Distortion on accoustic tracks
« on: May 19, 2013, 10:14:00 am »
Hello guys,
I just found an old folder with some records of self-recorded guitar tracks, most of which I wrote myself. They are nothing special, but they are important to me. Sadly, the recording is crap. Is anyone able to do anything about it?

Offline dnmr

• Camper
  • emotionally handicapped
Re: Distortion on accoustic tracks
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2013, 04:30:17 am »
Hello guys,
I just found an old folder with some records of self-recorded guitar tracks, most of which I wrote myself. They are nothing special, but they are important to me. Sadly, the recording is crap. Is anyone able to do anything about it?
did you record it on a laptop? Sounds more like fan noise, the recording itself isn't clipping or anything. You could EQ out some of the higher frequencies, but the actual guitar sound will sound shittier too. That's about all you can do about it though.

DarkCrusade

« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2013, 06:37:07 pm »
Indeed, I did record this on my old laptop. This actually sounds like a legit explanation for the annoying noise. I will need to record it again in that case..

Offline -Skykanden-

• Flamebow Warrior
  • Hallowed be my name
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2013, 02:43:43 am »
I don't see any other solution that re-recording the songs.
What I used to do to record my tracks with the guitar was to connect the guitar to the amp and then the amp to the pc through the aux output (with a jack to minijack conversor)
You could do that if it was an electro acoustic guitar.
If not you could try to record with a higher quality mic.

If you are not willing to record them try to get a profesional audio software (on a Pirate Bay you can find some at good prices). I'm sure that looking arround the internet you will find something to get rid of that white noise.