Author Topic: Devlog update (2013-06-23) Release week  (Read 2785 times)

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
Devlog update (2013-06-23) Release week
« on: June 23, 2013, 04:34:41 pm »
Hi,

Last week was a release week and that's what we were mostly focused on, fixing bugs that pops out. Fortunately for us there were not many, so in consequence not much got committed/done. I've fixed CrossFunc which it seems i broke in rc1, that bug SyavX reported in previous devlog's topic and something else scriptcore related i can't remember. Other than that Shoozza committed a few cleanups related to easy releasing.
In my spare time i was reading bugtracker and looking for somebody who can help me document SC3. As result of first one i found this old bug which i promised to look at to one guy, but only when i get a demo i requested. As for documentation, nobody volunteered so far so i guess i'll be writing it alone which is gonna take some time.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2013, 06:42:29 am by FalconPL »
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

DarkCrusade

Re: Devlog update (2013-06-23) Release week
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 04:54:08 pm »
I would help if I knew what is expected from me. As far as SC3 goes, it would really be nice to see an update to devs.soldat.pl with instructions on how to use the new features correctly. Keep up the great work.

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 04:55:08 pm »
If you judge me as apt for the job, I will make sure to help you.
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 04:55:56 pm »
If you're interested in helping PM me, preferbly on IRC.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 05:00:23 pm »
as for the dead body knife bug, its kind of hard to reproduce on your own and even then you need to be quick as hell. Everyone can confirm it though.
I don't see why you need to reproduce this, its kindoff the same as when you type it out.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 05:01:30 pm »
Because i never saw it, so i have no idea how it works or how to make it happen.
- Andrew Lewis

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 05:10:37 pm »
Because i never saw it, so i have no idea how it works or how to make it happen.

Someone died in the air.

Someone else is above the body that just died

He tries to kill someone under the dead body with a knife

The knife goes through the dead body and whoops it disappears.
The person that was below the dead body got killed by an invisible knife. (knife appears on the person who just got killed) (or appears on the ground if you don't hit a target)

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2013, 05:34:08 pm »
I'll try to get you that demo. There's a Dodgeball league going on at the moment so there should be a plenty occasions to document this bug.

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2013, 06:14:32 pm »
its easy to reproduce: create a bot give it only hands for attack, /kill botid while it is flying towards you, throw knife :P
I saw it a few times already and i always thought it was not that much of a problem but a nice way to surprise people :)

Btw here what i wrote on irc while i was on the phone in case you missed it:
<Shoozza_phone> I tried to compile soldatserver on my imac but sadly a few compile errors related to indy 10 made it fail [22:15:01]
<Shoozza_phone> And guess what the indy repo couldnt be updated for some reason (handshake blabla error) [22:16:02]
<Shoozza_phone> So ill try to compile it again next weekend [22:16:16]
<Shoozza_phone> Also the Env() stuff didnt work so i had to add user dependent paths [22:17:10]
<Shoozza_phone> Bash showed the correct pash but lazarus failed to get thwm [22:17:39]
<Shoozza_phone> Them [22:17:40]
<Shoozza_phone> There were a few if defined (LINUX) problems with daemonizing code which also made it fail to compile [22:18:45]
<Shoozza_phone> Besides that i think most bugs were reported by now. [22:19:17]
<Shoozza_phone> Its time to collect them and start fixing them. [22:19:35]
<Shoozza_phone> Once they are fixed 1.6.4 will come out [22:19:50]
<Shoozza_phone> Im sure we will mess up some thing and 1.6.5 will fix that :p [22:20:14]

Just in case someone cares
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2013, 07:00:28 am »
@Falcon: You can download the demos from here.

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2013, 07:06:34 am »
Thanks, attached to bug
- Andrew Lewis

Offline chox

• Major(1)
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2013, 10:46:29 am »

Someone died in the air.

Someone else is above the body that just died

He tries to kill someone under the dead body with a knife

The knife goes through the dead body and whoops it disappears.
The person that was below the dead body got killed by an invisible knife. (knife appears on the person who just got killed) (or appears on the ground if you don't hit a target)
it happens sometimes with nades too, the nade explodes over dead guy and flies invisible further