Author Topic: Devlog update (2013-06-02) New script core  (Read 8897 times)

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
Re: Devlog update (2013-06-02) New script core
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2013, 01:54:28 pm »
As i stated before without working anticheat and auto update system next version seems kinda pointless.

Im chill like that

Offline Shoozza

• Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2013, 02:01:21 pm »
As i stated before without working anticheat and auto update system next version seems kinda pointless.
sure it would be great if they made it into soldat. sadly they didn't but im certain people want to see the next version even if these things are missing.
Remember we ported soldatserver to another compiler it's not really anything that will make people cry happy tears but it's a step in the right direction.

lol if it takes this long to post RC then I quess the new version won't be out till another year
yeah.. soldat is half-dead right now (waiting few hours to get proper cw)
and
1.6.2 to 1.6.3 took 7 months
1.6.3 to 1.6.4 is 13 months already and full release seems nowhere close, this is just sad what happens here
Yeah if we continue like that the next release after 1.6.4 will take 28 months :/ not good. We should do smaller releases (srsly large releases are so much pain).
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2013, 02:22:12 pm »
YES, shoozza, you had complete possession of reason when you said that.
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.

Offline chox

• Major(1)
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2013, 04:47:24 pm »
i can't believe the shit you wrote here
i understand you'd like anticheat and autoupadte but for me as a player they're not as important as the fixes to the game itself
like fixing the eats and generally improving the game hit reg's etc is what's important to me, and anticheat seems to be huge thing to do and it's of course needed but well if it's not possible then nevermind, just concentrate on game and maybe someday cheaters will see that they're destroying game and start playing clean

Offline Adam

• Camper
  • When someone you argue with has a good point.
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2013, 05:28:05 pm »
i'd rather have a major graphic enchancement and a lot improvements then taking 3 years for antihack and autoupdater cause that's what people look at specifically when they first see the game

Arguing with your girlfriend and you don't get a response for a few minutes

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2013, 05:32:18 pm »
I kind of understood the auto updater has been one of the main causes for the delays.

Well done not setting another deadline in the newest dev log cause that hasn't really worked like on the last n times.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2013, 05:49:27 pm »
There is a huge number of gameplay tweaks and bug fixes.
The new scriptcore will give new tools and means for the scripters to enhance their current scripts or develop new ones.

These are tangible improvements that we as players will enjoy in the next release.

Are you saying all this work was pointless?

Offline squiddy

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
  • Flagger assassin
    • SoldatX
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2013, 06:07:42 pm »
Hey guys, what do you say moving this discussion to the latest devlog?

All jokes apart, even if 1.6.4 would be released without the auto-update and anti-cheat, it would still be a major accomplishment. As Bistoufly said, MANY annoying bugs were fixed (I believe I saw the behind-polygon-warping bug fixed somewhere), aside from the new script core.

I just think the dev team doesn't need to be pressed more than it already is, so let's all chill a little bit and watch Breaking Bad. It's awesome!
www.soldatx.com.br - The brazilian Soldat community.

Offline Bonecrusher

• Global Moderator
  • Veteran
  • High above
    • Zabijaka.pl
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2013, 09:05:11 am »
like fixing the eats and generally improving the game hit reg's etc
this wont happen unless someone dedicates to rewrite netcode
then taking 3 years for antihack and autoupdater
It already took over 2 years... for small bugfixes, nothing game changing was introduced.
There is a huge number of gameplay tweaks and bug fixes.
I salute that but soldat will always be buggy no matter how many bugs are fixed
The new scriptcore will give new tools and means for the scripters to enhance their current scripts or develop new ones.
There are like max 300 players on publics in peak hours and they mostly play on lightly scripted servers so that doesnt make a good point. Apart from that admins on my servers ban few hackers daily and they get a ban on all of the servers I host [and others as well] so they most likely wont come back which decreases soldat player base even more, this wouldnt take place if we had proper anticheat.

« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 09:06:51 am by Bonecrusher »

Im chill like that

DarkCrusade

« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2013, 06:18:18 pm »
I am trying to use the new scriptcore's features and started to write a unit that should make a lot of coding easier for me. However, I am running into the same error over and over again. Where do I have to place the unit? Too little information is given, so I am not sure.

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2013, 05:22:43 am »
Here is a test script package (that Falcon gave me when I tested new ScriptCore features in 1.6.4 RC2 server) with my little editing.
Note that after compilation server creates precached bytecode files (*.psb & *.psd). It will skip compilation and will load bytecode from previous successful compilation. So, you need to delete those files to apply your changes in the script.

(I hope there is a way to force recompilation)

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2013, 05:31:41 am »
It should be recompiling each time you change the script, there's no need to delete those files. If it doesn't, report it on bugtracker.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline SyavX

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2013, 06:51:38 am »
Reported: #324

Offline Falcon`

• Flagrunner
  • A wanted lagger
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2013, 04:24:56 pm »
Fixed. PM me on IRC if you'd like to test it.
If you're not paying for something, you're not the customer; you're the product being sold.
- Andrew Lewis

Always code as if the guy who ends up maintaining your code will be a violent psychopath who knows where you live.

Offline Bune

• Major(1)
« Reply #34 on: July 01, 2013, 08:53:06 am »
i understand you'd like anticheat and autoupadte but for me as a player they're not as important as the fixes to the game itself
like fixing the eats and generally improving the game hit reg's etc is what's important to me, and anticheat seems to be huge thing to do and it's of course needed but well if it's not possible then nevermind, just concentrate on game and maybe someday cheaters will see that they're destroying game and start playing clean

Actually eats and hits doesn't destroying the game that much as plague of cheaters. Many players quit the game not couse of hits, they quit couse they can't stand the fact that there is no anticheat, and many noob hackers can do anything they want.

maybe someday cheaters will see that they're destroying game and start playing clean

Bitch please. 'i can't believe the shit you wrote here'

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #35 on: July 01, 2013, 09:53:45 am »

Actually eats and hits doesn't destroying the game that much as plague of cheaters. Many players quit the game not couse of hits, they quit couse they can't stand the fact that there is no anticheat, and many noob hackers can do anything they want.

maybe someday cheaters will see that they're destroying game and start playing clean

Bitch please. 'i can't believe the shit you wrote here'

Soldat needs an Launcher, one which starts the game and also auto patches it.
And yes an anticheat is a must these days.
Point is the API needs to be rewritten which takes alot of time.
and yeah cheaters will not quit, because they will destroy the game that is just bullshit