Poll

Do you support this suggestion?

Yes! I want to see nicer interfaces!
7 (87.5%)
No! This isn't needed.
1 (12.5%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Author Topic: Interface overlay (one optional image)  (Read 998 times)

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
Interface overlay (one optional image)
« on: July 10, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »
I like making interfaces for Soldat and the thing I need the most is the ability to cover some of its elements with an image. Since the layers in the interface are static and we're unable to modify what comes after what, there's no way to make an overlay for jet-bar, weapon text, etc.

I have already posted this thread over five years ago, and nothing had changed since then. The only parts we can cover are under the "jet" element - the other parts can't be covered, as they are on top of other images. This effect can be seen in my frame interface - all bars are rectangular, but covering them with black rounded border makes them look round. Since jet-bar.png is above jet.png, it couldn't be "rounded" and I had to put it in the middle.

Instead of asking for modifying the order of elements, I ask to add a new, optional element of the interface: overlay.png, as the topmost layer. It would allow us modders to make a bit nicer interfaces, adding rounded corners to jet-bar and changing color of weapon text or ammo counter (e.g. with a transparent red rectangle). To ensure backwards compatibility, the overlay.png image would be optional and loaded only if it's present in the interface's folder.

Offline ginn

• Camper
Re: Interface overlay (one optional image)
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2013, 04:17:06 am »
I think you can do this with jet.png, just make it really large and cover everything that you want to have an overlay... or something like that.

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2013, 04:39:14 am »
jet.png does not cover everything. I made a list of the layers in this thread.

Elements below jet.png: fire-bar, fire-bar-r, reload-bar, ammo, vest-bar, health-bar, health
Elements above jet.png: status text, weapon name, ammo text, back, ping dot, grenades, jet-bar

There's no way to cover the latter group.

Offline ginn

• Camper
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2013, 04:45:56 am »
change health then, since that is below everything. Just include everything you want into it, so that the image is the same resolution as the resolution you're making it for.

Offline freestyler

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Camper
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2013, 04:49:27 am »
What?... I think you misunderstood, I want an element that is above everything else, not below it. I know health.png is below everything, but there's no element that is above everything.