Author Topic: SOLDAT 1.6.6b1 beta release ready for testing!  (Read 12329 times)

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
Re: SOLDAT 1.6.6b1 beta release ready for testing!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2013, 07:36:13 pm »
If you press [change weapon] then [throw weapon][/color]it will mostly just change weapon, except for sometimes where it makes a quick change and drops the weapon.
This was added to prevent you from accidentally dropping your primary when trying to throw the knife too quickly.

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #21 on: September 11, 2013, 12:58:42 am »

-
Fixed faster weapon switching glitch when pressing both [change weapon] and [throw weapon] keys by only allowing the latest of the two buttons pressed
It seams to only work one way.  If you press [throw weapon] then [change weapon] it will cancel the throwing and just change weapon as it should.
If you press [change weapon] then [throw weapon]
it will mostly just change weapon, except for sometimes where it makes a quick change and drops the weapon.
Intended behavior. Did you expect something different?

If you press [change weapon] then [throw weapon][/color]it will mostly just change weapon, except for sometimes where it makes a quick change and drops the weapon.
This was added to prevent you from accidentally dropping your primary when trying to throw the knife too quickly.
Nope. A fix for that was added 1.6.4. This fix is unrelated.

-[/color] Fixed freecam didn't move smoothly in widescreen #277
If you remember how it was before, smooth one way and laggy the other way. Now it's laggy both ways instead of smooth both ways. ^.^ Your idea of smooth was not my idea of smooth atlest.

By laggy I assume you mean that it has a deadzone in the middle of the screen where no movement occurs? That's how it was supposed to behave, but it got bugged in widescreen resolutions. I'll decrease the deadzone a bit then.

- Fixed team mates could be binked under some circumstances #398
You still get binked if someone on your team throws a nade on you, is it supposed to be like that? The other weapons sems ok.
That's a bug unrelated to the one I fixed. Though it sounds easily fixable so I'll look into it.

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2013, 05:41:51 am »

-
Fixed faster weapon switching glitch when pressing both [change weapon] and [throw weapon] keys by only allowing the latest of the two buttons pressed
It seams to only work one way.  If you press [throw weapon] then [change weapon] it will cancel the throwing and just change weapon as it should.
If you press [change weapon] then [throw weapon]
it will mostly just change weapon, except for sometimes where it makes a quick change and drops the weapon.

Intended behavior. Did you expect something different?

My bad, it works :)

-
Fixed freecam didn't move smoothly in widescreen #277
If you remember how it was before, smooth one way and laggy the other way. Now it's laggy both ways instead of smooth both ways. ^.^ Your idea of smooth was not my idea of smooth atlest.

By laggy I assume you mean that it has a deadzone in the middle of the screen where no movement occurs? That's how it was supposed to behave, but it got bugged in widescreen resolutions. I'll decrease the deadzone a bit then.
Yes, make it as small as possible :)

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2013, 07:01:24 am »
What about the part: if you press 3 buttons your movement gets blocked

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2013, 08:00:45 am »
You're gonna have to be more specific, DutchFlame. It sounds like you've hit your key rollover limit, which depends on how little you paid for your keyboard. You can test your limit here: http://www.gigahype.com/nkey-rollover-test-page/

Offline homerofgods

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Rainbow Warrior
  • We can do better!
« Reply #25 on: September 11, 2013, 09:26:54 am »
Displaced names when Scale_Interface=0
http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=423

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #26 on: September 11, 2013, 02:43:02 pm »
Displaced names when Scale_Interface=0
http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=423

Fixed by skoskav, according to the bugtracker.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline DutchFlame

• Camper
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2013, 04:29:53 pm »
You're gonna have to be more specific, DutchFlame. It sounds like you've hit your key rollover limit, which depends on how little you paid for your keyboard. You can test your limit here: http://www.gigahype.com/nkey-rollover-test-page/

in the earlier version you could press A W and D at the same time and do a backflip

If i try that now it blocks my movement and i move backwards somehow.

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2013, 06:14:44 pm »
Already fixed.

Offline Dusty

• Veteran
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2013, 09:49:14 am »
.bmp files are prioritized over .png files, noticed this in gostek-gfx folder but it probably affects other folders too. This breaks modifications that use .png files.

Offline Shoozza

• Retired Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
  • Soldat's Babysitter
    • Website
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2013, 01:11:15 pm »
.bmp files are prioritized over .png files, noticed this in gostek-gfx folder but it probably affects other folders too. This breaks modifications that use .png files.
Yeah we had a discussion about that yesterday. And it was already changed back to how it was in 1.6.5
Rules
Tools: ARSSE - SARS - SRB - chatMod