Author Topic: Need Help Black Screen  (Read 2456 times)

Offline Vucgy92

• Soldier
  • cyklon-b is the only way
Need Help Black Screen
« on: January 17, 2013, 11:08:25 am »
Hi I got a problem with Soldat on my new Laptop I run Win8 <-- The system config is really really good.
So when I run Soldat It shows just a black screen but the game runs in background ( intro and etc.) Also I blind clicked Start and the game starts without a problem and I can play it (and see everyithing) But in Menu it shows just a black screen :/
Choose one,
Bonecrusher

Offline jrgp

• Administrator
  • Flamebow Warrior
Re: Need Help Black Screen
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 11:51:27 am »
Moving to 'Need Help? Report Bugs!' board as thread has no business being in the forum support board which is intended with issues/concerns regarding the forums themselves and not the game itself. Please try to make topics in the appropriate board next time.
There are other worlds than these

Offline Yammy

• Major(1)
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2013, 01:29:02 am »
Someone please help! I downloaded the game and am eager to play but when I open the game it maximizes and the screen is black. I can kind of see it for a second before it maximizes. Also when I launch the dedicated server mode it does NOT maximize and I can see it fine, but cant join any servers because Im in the dedicated server mode. Is there any way to keep the game from maximizing at the beginning?! Ill post my system specs

Processor: Intel(R) Atom(TM) CPU N270 @ 1.60 GHz
RAM: 1 GB
System type: 32 Bit Operation System, x86-based processor

Im running windows 8

Offline Furai

• Administrator
  • Veteran
    • TransHuman Design
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2013, 02:30:01 am »
Merged threads.
"My senses are so powerful that I can hear the blood pumping through your veins."

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2013, 04:27:08 am »
fullscreen doesnt work in windows 8 try running it in windowed mode instead.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Yammy

• Major(1)
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2013, 09:57:29 am »
I dont know how to get it to run in windowed mode or I'd try it, soon as I open it it goes full screen and I can't restore it or anything. I know that it will work in this mode because I can see everything for a brief second before it opens and also whenever I hover over it while holding alt tab. I was clicking around on the black screen trying to make something happen and ended up in an empty game and I could see everything fine, it's just with the GUI I think.

Offline GhostRiderSwiss

• Camper
  • Scripting beginner, mapper&owner of BCB servers.
    • BCB-Forum
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2013, 10:54:13 am »
i dont know how complex this problem is but... i'll try to help with any possibility^^

Did you open "config" in your Soldat folders and setup windowed mode before starting the game itself?
Else i dont have any idea.

OT:
Also welcome to Soldat i've readed in another topic that you are new  ;D
BCB-Clan Page
You also can find clan BCB on our servers.

BCB-Soldier till i die!

Offline zakath

• Inactive Soldat Developer
  • Veteran
    • Soldatladder
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 12:22:59 pm »
I dont know how to get it to run in windowed mode or I'd try it, soon as I open it it goes full screen and I can't restore it or anything. I know that it will work in this mode because I can see everything for a brief second before it opens and also whenever I hover over it while holding alt tab. I was clicking around on the black screen trying to make something happen and ended up in an empty game and I could see everything fine, it's just with the GUI I think.
Try running Setup(Config.exe) and switch off full screen.

#soldat.mapping - #soldat.inc - #soldatladder - #soldat.gather.nordic

Offline Yammy

• Major(1)
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2013, 12:05:06 am »
Thanks guys, that worked like a charm. I'm going to start practicing with bots.

Offline Frogger60

• Major(1)
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2013, 09:24:49 am »
Hi I also get this same issue on windows 8. However when I run the menu in windowed mode, it cuts off about 10% from the right hand side. Meaning I can't select which bots I want in game, and although I can increase the number of random bots, I can not decrease it. On a side note I managed to get the menu to work full screen last night, but since the config doesn't seem to save my settings I have no idea what I did and can not seem to reproduce it.