Author Topic: Knife blocking against dead body  (Read 1885 times)

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
Knife blocking against dead body
« on: July 26, 2013, 08:31:44 am »
Since the new update knives can't go through the place where someone has died untill he has respawned.

But what I was wondering is: is it made like this on purpose? or is it a bug?
If it's made like this on purpose, i would really like to request a revertion of the change on behalf of the knife only community

I did see a bug report earlier somewhere about knives going invisible once they go through dead bodies, But in my opinion it should either be made so that the knife is always visible (and doesnt block obviously) or reverted back to as it was before, because, even though it did go invisible, the odds that you would actually dodge the knife are extremely low in 95% of the situations.

I've attached a short demo that shows you what exactly I mean, and please note, players who are on the other side from the ''blocking corpse'' are NOT getting hit.

Apart from this we are also experiencing knives getting blocked in mid air whilst nobody died there, but we haven't managed to record that so far.

Thanks in advance.
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline JotEmI

• Soldier
Re: Knife blocking against dead body
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2013, 03:13:25 am »
It could be related to the fact that server registers hits even when player is dead. I've already reported it on http://bugs.soldat.pl/view.php?id=347.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2013, 10:26:13 am by JotEmI »

Offline darDar

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
    • #Soldat Gather - Community on Discord
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2013, 07:50:33 pm »
I really don't like the changes on the knife. The new startup time is terrible. Also it doesn't work any longer to throw the knife behind yourself while being in the air to punish an enemy hunting you. it will hit yourself now.
Soldat Gather 'Matchmaking Community on Discord'

gather.soldat.pl

| My Maps: ctf_Pyramid, ctf_Replay, ctf_Blako, ctf_R6, ctf_Ntex, ctf_Caro, ctf_Bizar & vs_mode mappack |

Offline 14th_account

• Soldier
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 10:07:04 am »
Vos: We'll take a look at what is causing this bug.

I really don't like the changes on the knife. The new startup time is terrible. Also it doesn't work any longer to throw the knife behind yourself while being in the air to punish an enemy hunting you. it will hit yourself now.

Umm, the knife is the same as in 1.6.3. What are you talking about?

Offline Vos

• Soldier
    • http://kosoldat.forumer.com/index.php
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2013, 10:19:49 am »
Vos: We'll take a look at what is causing this bug.
Thanks already, most players just experience it has hits/eats but that's because the knife that is being blocked is also going through it but unharming, it just gets duped as u see in the demo.

Umm, the knife is the same as in 1.6.3. What are you talking about?

That's what I thought when I read your reply earlier (couldn't respond site was offline later)
For signatures, you are allowed only one image in your signature which may not be wider and taller than 300 and 125 pixels, and may not be over 20kB in file size. No BMPs are allowed.

Offline Bistoufly

• Soldat Beta Team
  • Flagrunner
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2013, 07:03:17 pm »